Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Setting up a Solaris training Post 302250638 by FloridaBSD on Friday 24th of October 2008 12:17:50 AM
Old 10-24-2008
IMHO routing is a must know, its too bad that you learn more about configuring old mr 90% (windows server 2003 and 2008) to be a router.
Oh and what About posting transcripts of the training for those of us who are less fortunate and can't afford the cost of taking the Sun academic courses, like me (who's college due to budget cuts had to restrict the Solaris classes to computer Programming student only i.e. Broward College.

What company do you work for DukeNuke2/

I am getting ready to embark on a long and tedious four year Computer Engineering Bachelors over at the local campus of ITT Tech here in Fort Lauderdale,FL.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX/solaris training

I am new to UNIX and somewhat familiar with Solaris. Can you suggest any good (simple English) books that can help me with understanding and learning UNIX? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamnew2solaris
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris for a training: PC vs Sparc

I need a computer to try Solaris. I'm learning with UNIX Academy training DVDs and after spending much time with Linux I want to try and learn on Solaris. I'll have to buy a computer for my training anyway. I found on ebay plenty of inexpensive Sun boxes. Would it be beneficial for learning to have... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: newlinuxuser1
26 Replies

3. Solaris

Setting IP on Solaris 10 help

Hi all, So, I need to change the IP/netmask on 2 sun v240's running solaris 10. I seem to have done it correctly on one, it's holding the ip after a init 6 reboot. The other does not want to keep ip using same commands. I'm guessing I have to change some files I haven't yet, but have no... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuriosity_prime
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Any Solaris training?

Good Afternoon, Does anyone know of any free or cheap SkillSoft type Solaris training, with an exam? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
0 Replies
LEARN(1)						      General Commands Manual							  LEARN(1)

NAME
learn - computer aided instruction about UNIX SYNOPSIS
learn [ -directory ] [ subject [ lesson ] ] DESCRIPTION
Learn gives Computer Aided Instruction courses and practice in the use of UNIX, the C Shell, and the Berkeley text editors. To get started simply type learn. If you had used learn before and left your last session without completing a subject, the program will use information in $HOME/.learnrc to start you up in the same place you left off. Your first time through, learn will ask questions to find out what you want to do. Some questions may be bypassed by naming a subject, and more yet by naming a lesson. You may enter the lesson as a number that learn gave you in a previous session. If you do not know the lesson number, you may enter the lesson as a word, and learn will look for the first lesson containing it. If the lesson is `-', learn prompts for each lesson; this is useful for debugging. The subject's presently handled are files editor vi morefiles macros eqn C There are a few special commands. The command `bye' terminates a learn session and `where' tells you of your progress, with `where m' telling you more. The command `again' re-displays the text of the lesson and `again lesson' lets you review lesson. There is no way for learn to tell you the answers it expects in English, however, the command `hint' prints the last part of the lesson script used to evaluate a response, while `hint m' prints the whole lesson script. This is useful for debugging lessons and might possibly give you an idea about what it expects. The -directory option allows one to exercise a script in a nonstandard place. FILES
/usr/share/learn subtree for all dependent directories and files /usr/tmp/pl* playpen directories $HOME/.learnrc startup information SEE ALSO
csh(1), ex(1) B. W. Kernighan and M. E. Lesk, LEARN - Computer-Aided Instruction on UNIX BUGS
The main strength of learn, that it asks the student to use the real UNIX, also makes possible baffling mistakes. It is helpful, espe- cially for nonprogrammers, to have a UNIX initiate near at hand during the first sessions. Occasionally lessons are incorrect, sometimes because the local version of a command operates in a non-standard way. Occasionally a lesson script does not recognize all the different correct responses, in which case the `hint' command may be useful. Such lessons may be skipped with the `skip' command, but it takes some sophistication to recognize the situation. To find a lesson given as a word, learn does a simple fgrep(1) through the lessons. It is unclear whether this sort of subject indexing is better than none. Spawning a new shell is required for each of many user and internal functions. The `vi' lessons are provided separately from the others. To use them see your system administrator. 7th Edition October 22, 1996 LEARN(1)