Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Ok. I've have looked and failed. Post 302250527 by joeyg on Thursday 23rd of October 2008 03:14:46 PM
Old 10-23-2008
Tools Some possible approaches

1) remote desktop to that workstation to see/review the progress
2) redirect the output going to the screen to got to (perhaps also with a tee command) a file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

dlopen failed!

I can open my so file successfully by calling dlopen directly in my main function. But if I fork a child process, and call dlopen in child process, it failed! I don't know why. Following is my code: #include <stdio.h> #include <errno.h> #include <dlfcn.h> void childFunc(void) { void... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: virmin
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backup failed

I'm getting following message at my EOD backup script:sh: line1: /dev/rct0: cannot create What could be the possible causes for this error and how could I resolve it? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nervous
10 Replies

3. Solaris

Failed to power up

Dear expert, I have one server,in /var/adm/messages everyday present these messages: Jan 3 06:01:30 SERVERGINTING genunix: WARNING: Device /pci@1d,700000/pci@1/scsi@2,1/sd@5,0 failed to power up. Jan 3 06:01:31 SERVERGINTING scsi: WARNING: /pci@1d,700000/pci@1/scsi@2,1/sd@5,0 (sd45):... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredginting
2 Replies

4. AIX

SFTP Failed---Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0

Hi, While I am trying SFTP my machine to another unix machine , it was working fine till 10 min back. But now i am getting the below error "Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0" Could you please someone help me to solve or analyise the root cause... Cheers:b:, Mahiban (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahiban
0 Replies

5. AIX

restvg failed

it showed:/usr/bin/ksh: ./restvg: 0403-006 Execute permission denied. I login by root. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

Authentication failed !

Hey since this morning I(nonrrot user) am not able to log into my system with my username. I am using redhat linux kernel release 2.6.9-5.ELsmp. I aslo found the folowing output for chkconfig command: # chkconfig --list|grep ldap ldap 0: off 1: off 2: off 3: off 4: off 5: off... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashok.g
5 Replies

7. AIX

Processor failed

Processor failed on POWER 5 machine, i have other "test" machine with different machine type, can i recover the production machine by moving its disks and HBAs to the other test machine ?? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: majd_ece
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Cygwin X Server error: xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display

Hi, i got the following error when i tried to access the cygwin x server from a windows XP PC. "xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display" Alternatively, when i tried to access the same Cygwin X Server from another windows XP PC which is on a different LAN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HarishKumarM
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

root user is being looked for 5 minute

Hi, Each time i am looging as a root user to my server (linux redhat 5.8) and type a wrong root password , the root account is being lock for 5 minute . 1) How i can change this behivor ? 2) In which file this restriction is been managed ? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Failed to su to user

I am unable to su to functional user, though changed the soft-hard limit for open files in limits.conf. The following command did not help.ulimit -n <value>While su to user, the error I am getting is -su: cannot set user id: Resource temporarily unavailableWhether I need to restart the application... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: atanubanerji
1 Replies
BNCHAT(1)							BNETD User's Manual							 BNCHAT(1)

NAME
bnchat - Battle.net text-based chat client SYNOPSIS
bnchat [options] [servername [serverport]] DESCRIPTION
bnchat is a simple Battle.net client emulator that can be used as a minimal chat client with bnetd(1) in order to test certain aspects of the server configuration or to do server administration from the Unix command line. It is also compatible with FSGS servers, but has diffi- culty with real Battle.net servers. If no servername is specified, localhost is assumed. If no serverport is specified, 6112 is assumed. OPTIONS
-a --ansi-color Allows bnchat to use ANSI terminal color escapes to make things more readable. You must be using a terminal compatible with VT100 positioning and ANSI color codes. The program will not attempt to determine your terminal type. -b Causes bnchat to emulate a Brood Wars client. -c --change-password Causes bnchat to prompt for a new login password on the bnetd(1) server. --client Causes bnchat to emulate a specific client. The following client tags are recognized: DRTL DSHR STAR SSHR SEXP W2BN. There are short options which may be used instead for the common clients. -d Causes bnchat to emulate a Diablo client. -h --help --usage Print usage information and exit. -k --cdkey Causes bnchat to report an alternate key to the bnetd(1) server. -o --owner Causes bnchat to report an alternate owner to the bnetd(1) server. -n --new-account Causes bnchat to prompt to create a new player account on the bnetd(1) server. -s Causes bnchat to emulate a Starcraft client. -v --version Print its version number and exit. -w Causes bnchat to emulate a Warcraft II BNE client. NOTES
The terminal width is attempted to be determined at runtime but if it does not work you may need to try running resize(1). As a final act of desperation you can try setting the COLUMNS environmental variable. If SIGWINCH and its associated ioctl(2) are supported on your system, resizing the window while the program is running should immediately update width of the entry line. The current version is available with the bnetd distribution at: http://www.bnetd.org/ BUGS
This program assumes that the terminal will move to the beginning of the current line when the carriage return character (^M) is printed. It also assumes the backspace character (^H) will move one column to the left that character printed after that will replace those already on the screen. The terminal settings are not consulted for keybindings. The following are assumed: ^H delete the character to the left of the cursor ^J accept current line ^M (return) accept current line ^T transpose the last two characters ^W delete word to the left of the cursor ^U delete the whole input line ^[ (escape) cancel the current input line ^? (delete) delete the character to the left of the cursor SEE ALSO
bnetd(1) AUTHOR
Ross Combs (ross@bnetd.org) BNETD
09 April, 1999 BNCHAT(1)