Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Disk full 100%
Operating Systems Linux Disk full 100% Post 302248652 by vidyadhar85 on Sunday 19th of October 2008 01:32:20 AM
Old 10-19-2008
there might be some file which is still open..
check using fuser..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

disk full

Please solve the following NOTICE HTFS:No space on dev hd(1/42) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msuheel
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hard-disk partition is Full problem?

HI, Currently I am working in One of the webhosting company and I found on one of my server "/home" partition is getting full say 105% usage... But when I actually check the partition size using "du -h", exact partition utilization is only 60-70%. So... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagdish.machhi@
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Please help Disk Suite on Solaris 8 FS full!!!

I am new to Solaris so please bear with me. I have spent enough time searching to get somewhat of a grip here but I am not sure what to do next. I am trying to grow a file system on a Solaris 8 server. B_root@server:>df -k Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: NewSolarisAdmin
9 Replies

4. Solaris

solaris 8 / disk space almost full

Hi All, My Solaris 8 firewall server is getting full on the / filesystem. I don't know which one should I delete. I think there's no more to delete on the file like logs or temp file. Does someone knows about deleting a safe file (or folder) on FS like /usr, /opt, /platform, /kernel, /sbin?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to install new packages when disk space is full

during installation i created four partitions mainly / 5GB /home 1GB /boot 100MB swap 2GB now since i didnt make the /usr partition all of the packages were being installed in the / partition ..now all the space in the / partition is filled ...i ran du -h... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tarunicon
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Disk Space full

I was tryin to copy a large file under /tmp location. I guess the disk space got full and i got fork error. Then I tried removing some files but the shell did not let me do anything bash> rm apache22.tar bash: fork: Not enough space bash> pwd /tmp bash> vmstat 1 bash: fork: Not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Disk is Full but really does not contain huge data

Hi All, My disk usage show 100 % . When I check “df –kh” it shows my root partition is full. But when I run the “du –skh /” shows only 7 GB is used. Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sda1 30G 28G 260MB 100% / How I can identify who is using the 20 GB of memory. Os: Centos... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
10 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

How to protect Linux by full disk encryption?

Hello, you may know that linux root password can be resetted (example from rescue mode), so this means linux server offers no protection against access of data when you get somehow remote or physical access to server? So my question is how i can full encrypt linux webserver disk so no one can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: postcd
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk full alerts

i want to create 1 script to monitor 1 particular filesystem out of the diferent filesystems. if disk space of that particular filesystem increases by 80% it sends an alert mail to an email id ---------- Post updated at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:17 PM ---------- no. I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshhhhhhhh
1 Replies
fuser(1M)						  System Administration Commands						 fuser(1M)

NAME
fuser - identify users of files and devices SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/fuser [-c | -d | -f] [-nu] [-k | -s sig] files [ [- ] [-c | -d | -f] [-nu] [-k | -s sig] files] ... DESCRIPTION
The fuser utility displays the process IDs of the processes that are using the files specified as arguments. Each process ID is followed by a letter code. These letter codes are interpreted as follows. If the process is using the file as c Indicates that the process is using the file as its current directory. m Indicates that the process is using a file mapped with mmap(2). See mmap(2) for details. n Indicates that the process is holding a non-blocking mandatory lock on the file. o Indicates that the process is using the file as an open file. r Indicates that the process is using the file as its root directory. t Indicates that the process is using the file as its text file. y Indicates that the process is using the file as its controlling terminal. For block special devices with mounted file systems, all processes using any file on that device are listed. For all types of files (text files, executables, directories, devices, and so forth), only the processes using that file are reported. For all types of devices, fuser also displays any known kernel consumers that have the device open. Kernel consumers are displayed in one of the following formats: [module_name] [module_name,dev_path=path] [module_name,dev=(major,minor)] [module_name,dev=(major,minor),dev_path=path] If more than one group of files are specified, the options may be respecified for each additional group of files. A lone dash cancels the options currently in force. The process IDs are printed as a single line on the standard output, separated by spaces and terminated with a single new line. All other output is written on standard error. Any user can run fuser, but only the superuser can terminate another user's process. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -c Reports on files that are mount points for file systems, and any files within that mounted file system. -d Report device usage information for all minor nodes bound to the same device node as the specified minor node. This option does not report file usage for files within a mounted file system. -f Prints a report for the named file, not for files within a mounted file system. -k Sends the SIGKILL signal to each process. Since this option spawns kills for each process, the kill messages may not show up immediately (see kill(2)). No signals will be sent to kernel file consumers. -n Lists only processes with non-blocking mandatory locks on a file. -s sig Sends a signal to each process. The sig option argument specifies one of the symbolic names defined in the <signal.h> header, or a decimal integer signal number. If sig is a symbolic name, it is recognized in a case-independent fashion, without the SIG pre- fix. The -k option is equivalent to -s KILL or -s 9. No signals will be sent to kernel file consumers. -u Displays the user login name in parentheses following the process ID. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Reporting on the Mount Point and Files The following example reports on the mount point and files within the mounted file system. example% fuser -c /export/foo Example 2 Restricting Output when Reporting on the Mount Point and Files The following example reports on the mount point and files within the mounted file system, but the output is restricted to processes that hold non-blocking mandatory locks. example% fuser -cn /export/foo Example 3 Sending SIGTERM to Processes Holding a Non-blocking Mandatory Lock The following command sends SIGTERM to any processes that hold a non-blocking mandatory lock on file /export/foo/my_file. example% fuser -fn -s term /export/foo/my_file ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of fuser: LANG, LC_ALL LC_CTYPE, LC_MES- SAGES, and NLSPATH. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ps(1), mount(1M), kill(2), mmap(2), signal(3C), attributes(5), environ(5), standards(5) NOTES
Because fuser works with a snapshot of the system image, it may miss processes that begin using a file while fuser is running. Also, pro- cesses reported as using a file may have stopped using it while fuser was running. These factors should discourage the use of the -k option. SunOS 5.11 21 Oct 2003 fuser(1M)