Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Check that backup MX actually does its job Post 302248443 by Lazydog on Friday 17th of October 2008 04:30:21 PM
Old 10-17-2008
That would be a good way to do it.
You are then testing a real world scenario.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

backup job help

I have a backup program on my unix box. I run it manualy and normaly start it from the terminal. But i would like to be able to start it up threw a telnet session. I was told that i had to leave teh telnet setion open untel the backup was complete, cuase if i closed the telnet the process would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Thump
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup with shell program and cron job.

Hi, The object of my program is to take automatic backup on daily basis to different folders. I have created the respective folders. when I execute below given shell program manually it is working perfectly and taking the backup to respective folder. #!/bin/sh #script to take backup on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jarkvarma
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check backup file size on backup tape

Hi, I performed backup on tape and I want to append more files to my previous backup on the same backup tape. But before I do that I need to know the backup file size of the first backup I performed so that I know the available size on the backup tape. Can someone help me what command I will use... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayhanne
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Showing a daily backup job from a unique log file.

Hi guys, I´m a newbie in Linux, but I´m trying to solve some problems studying on my own, but I´ve had some problems with AWK. Look, I have one single backup log file per server and I want to make a daily delection from the last backup job to show in a intranet of my work. The log files are from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: metalfreakbr
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To check, a table is used in a job

Hi, I have a list of jobs scheduled in unix. I want to check whether a particular view or table is used in a job. If they are not used, I can make changes to them. Thanks, Raaga (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raaga
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

check mail backup cron job

i have just installed a cron job to run at 3 in the morning once a week. It's difficult for me to test if it works because the email backup program takes the email service down before running the backup. I wondered if i could ask you gurus if this would work? 0 3 * * 0 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: timgolding
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Check the status of job

Hi, I have master job which will run based on the sub jobs status. In the master job I am giving the condition like, condition: s(sub_job) f(sub_job) This scenario will work if the sub job status is success or failed. but I want to run my master job even if the sub_job was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kattoor
1 Replies

8. Programming

Refire a backup job.

how to code script using shell scripting to refire a backup job if it fails with an error code of 196? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pawan Ramnani
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To refire a backup job using shell scripting..........

how to write a code using shell scripting to refire a back up job if it fails with an error code of 196? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pawan Ramnani
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

CRON JOB not running - for tape backup from root user

I am trying a cron on root user to backup to tape using TAR command here is the cron entry 11 08 * * 6 /erdhot1cron 2>&1 >> /test3/scripts/dba/erdhot1cron.log here is script inside - edhot1cron #!/bin/bash vsysdt=`date +%d%m%y` date tar -cvf /dev/st0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaymec50
4 Replies
subscriptions(5)					    InterNetNews Documentation						  subscriptions(5)

NAME
subscriptions - Default recommended subscriptions DESCRIPTION
The pathetc/subscriptions file contains a list of newsgroups that is returned by the NNTP command LIST SUBSCRIPTIONS. Clients that support this command and send it the first time they connect to a new news server use the returned list to initialize the list of subscribed newsgroups. The subscriptions file therefore should contain groups intented for new users, for testing, or that contain FAQs and other useful information for first-time Usenet users. The syntax of the subscriptions file is trivial; it is a simple list of newsgroup names, one per line. The order of newsgroups may be sig- nificant; the news reading client may present the groups in that order to the user. EXAMPLE
A typical subscriptions file may look like: news.announce.newusers news.newusers.questions local.test local.general local.talk misc.test misc.test.moderated news.answers news.announce.newgroups This gives the client the FAQs and question newsgroup for new users first, then a local newsgroup for testing and various commonly-read local discussion groups, followed by the world-wide test groups, all the FAQs, and announcements of new world-wide newsgroups. If there is a local new users group, one might want to list it first. HISTORY
Written by Bettina Fink <laura@hydrophil.de> for InterNetNews. SEE ALSO
nnrpd(8). 3rd Berkeley Distribution INN 2.3.2 subscriptions(5)