Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Research paper library
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Research paper library Post 302246135 by Annihilannic on Monday 13th of October 2008 01:25:56 AM
Old 10-13-2008
Sounds like a homework assignment?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Research Project

Hi, I need you help with my research project that attempts to determine the link between users and manufacturers of IT Products such as Unix. This is part of an MBA program that I'm currently pursuing. My challenge is that I cannot possibly find out how I can send my research... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tdludlu
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Research paper

I am doing a "research" paper for school and i'm having a hard time finding accurate information. I am supposed to choose three differant versions of unix, give a brief explination of each, tell why there each differant from each other. I have found a ton of web sites but the information is so vast... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pantsusan
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Printing spits out paper!!!

Hello again.. Here's my problem: i've got uses who print on a epson 1170 dot printer from a solaris server (SunOS ss5 5.3 Generic_101318-70 sun4m sparc) Normally they print out data of an informix database. The file is about 30 pages long. I had to modify the lp command as follows (lpbase... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rock Paper Scissors

I'm trying to create this game in Unix. This is what I have so far: echo "Player one: Choose (R)ock, (P)aper (S)cissors" stty -echo read Pone case $Pone in R) echo "Good Choice! Let's see what Player two chooses.";; P) echo "Good Choice! Let's see what Player two chooses.";; S) echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gpro
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

research proposal for PG

hi friends i have just completed my graduation and applied for Post graduation i have to submit a research proposal of OS in the interview i m a beginner & only read galvin & silbershcatz book on operating systems can anyone help me in that ... thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iet.manish
3 Replies

6. AIX

Print Paper Size always A3 instead of A4

RICOH MPC4501 via AIX PrintServer is only printing on A3, even though its A4 contents. Similar Printer on same AIX PrintServer is printing correct though. What you think issue with first printer? AIX V6.1 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: panchpan
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Research questions

Hi there, please could you assist me. I have no knowledge at all about Unix and I have applied for a job and they have given me a test and said that I can obtain the answers in any kind of way. There are 3 questions that I need answers for. I have tried researching the answers to these questions... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: zakl
12 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

NAS Research

Good Afternoon, Are most NASs compatible with Solaris/RedHat? Specifically, I'm looking at Western Digital ones but none of them say they are - I like My Cloud Pro Series PR4100 My Cloud Pro Series PR4100 – Network Attached Storage | Western Digital (WD) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
3 Replies
qmail-users(5)							File Formats Manual						    qmail-users(5)

NAME
qmail-users - assign mail addresses to users OVERVIEW
The file /var/lib/qmail/users/assign assigns addresses to users. For example, =joe.shmoe:joe:503:78:/home/joe::: says that mail for joe.shmoe should be delivered to user joe, with uid 503 and gid 78, as specified by /home/joe/.qmail. Assignments fed to qmail-newu will be used by qmail-lspawn to control qmail-local's deliveries. See qmail-newu(8). A change to /var/lib/qmail/users/assign will have no effect until qmail-newu is run. STRUCTURE
/var/lib/qmail/users/assign is a series of assignments, one per line. It ends with a line containing a single dot. Lines must not contain NUL. SIMPLE ASSIGNMENTS
A simple assignment is a line of the form =local:user:uid:gid:homedir:dash:ext: Here local is an address; user, uid, and gid are the account name, uid, and gid of the user in charge of local; and messages to local will be controlled by homedir/.qmaildashext. If there are several assignments for the same local address, qmail-lspawn will use the first one. local is interpreted without regard to case. WILDCARD ASSIGNMENTS
A wildcard assignment is a line of the form +loc:user:uid:gid:homedir:dash:pre: This assignment applies to any address beginning with loc, including loc itself. It means the same as =locext:user:uid:gid:homedir:dash:preext: for every string ext. A more specific wildcard assignment overrides a less specific assignment, and a simple assignment overrides any wildcard assignment. For example: +:alias:7790:2108:/var/lib/qmail/alias:-:: +joe-:joe:507:100:/home/joe:-:: =joe:joe:507:100:/home/joe::: The address joe is handled by the third line; the address joe-direct is handled by the second line; the address bill is handled by the first line. SEE ALSO
qmail-pw2u(8), qmail-newu(8), qmail-lspawn(8) qmail-users(5)