Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: using awk remotely
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting using awk remotely Post 302245728 by vidyadhar85 on Friday 10th of October 2008 08:34:56 PM
Old 10-10-2008
yea awk has its own search capability but grep is much faster than awk..
this is my personal experienceSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remotely login to one from another?

NT CONSULTANT IS NEAR TOTAL UNIX NEWBIE! Please help! I would like detailed info about how to remotely connect a PC running win'98 that is not on a local network to a unix server which is locally networked to other PCs? Would like to know how to: Move files back and forth? Mount... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kagor
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using CD drive remotely !

hi, could anyone tell me that how can i use a remote CD drive for installing solaris , cause my local Drive has peroblem. tell me the steps one by one. Rgrds, nikk:confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikk
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

if statement remotely

I need to rsh to many machines and run an " if statement' that checks the versions of the OS and if up to date it tee -a to a file called "uptodate"..then if not update, it tee -a to file called "notuptodate" on my machine the command that checks the version is cat /etc/version. now the output... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dxrmroue
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remotely executing awk command

ssh user@machine awk '{ split ($1,ar,"!");print ar}' samp >samp1 Error: Unmatched '. However on <machine> awk '{ split ($1,ar,"!");print ar}' samp >samp1 executes successfully. Any suggestions. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Untar remotely

I need to upload tar or zip files to a unix server than unzip or untar them remotely. Any suggestions on the easiest way to do the remote untar or unzip? For example does someone know of a cgi script or something? Thanks -jz (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwzumwalt
3 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Shutdown all systems remotely

Hi, I am a sysadmin. During long weekends i need to turn off all machines in my lab. Is it possible to shutdown systems using ip address without using ssh. i read somewhere that shutdown -m "IPADDR" may work. However it seems its a windows specific command. So my question is how do i... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickylife
11 Replies

7. Solaris

Set up new T5220 remotely

I have a new T5220 racked at our remote office and the guys who racked it does not know how to configure the SP on the system .. is there any way i can do it remotely ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

8. Solaris

user not connecting remotely

hi , I have created a user using useradd command in solaris 10 , when i connect to user oracle remotely from xmanager it is not connecting any idea did we have assign some extra privileges to connect remotely from xmanager. Thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeeshan047
5 Replies

9. Solaris

SSH Remotely

Hello. I am trying to ssh and run a script from a remote computer. These computers will be both Windows and MACs. I am using Solaris 8 and what I have tried is: using putty ssh user@ip_address (remote command) /folder/folder/filename.sh The issue here is that the user profile has not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkmtm
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run yes/no script remotely

I have this script in server2 # cat /root/yesno.sh #!/bin/bash read -p "are you sure?" -n 1 -r if $ ]]; then echo "" echo "YES" else echo "NO" fi # sh /root/yesno.sh are you sure?y YES (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
5 Replies
DPKG-AWK(1)						      General Commands Manual						       DPKG-AWK(1)

NAME
dpkg-awk - Utility to read a dpkg style db file SYNOPSIS
dpkg-awk [(-f|--file) filename] [(-d|--debug) ##] [(-s|--sort) list] [(-rs|--rec_sep) ??] '<fieldname>:<regex>' ... -- <out_fieldname> .. DESCRIPTION
dpkg-awk Parses a dpkg status file (or other similarly formatted file) and outputs the resulting records. It can use regex on the field values to limit the returned records, it can also be told which fields to output, and it can sort the matched fields. OPTIONS
-f filename --file filename The file to parse. The default is /var/lib/dpkg/status. -d [#] --debug [#] Each time this is specified, it increased the debug level. -s field(s) --sort field(s) A space or comma separated list of fields to sort on. -n field(s) --numeric field(s) A space or comma separated list of fields that should be interpreted as numeric in value. -rs ?? --rec_sep ?? Output this string at the end of each output paragraph. -h --help Display some help. fieldname The fields from the file, that are matched with the regex given. The fieldnames are case insensitive. out_fieldname The fields from the file, that are output for each record. If the first field listed begins with ^, then the list of fields that follows will NOT be output. BUGS
Be warned that the author has only a shallow understanding of the dpkg packaging system, so there are probably tons of bugs in this pro- gram. This program comes with no warranties. If running this program causes fire and brimstone to rain down upon the earth, you will be on your own. This program accesses the dpkg database directly in places, querying for data that cannot be gotten via dpkg. AUTHOR
Adam Heath <doogie@debian.org> DEBIAN
Debian Utilities DPKG-AWK(1)