Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to prevent the pattern "^[[0m" from being written to a file ???? Post 302244745 by joeyg on Wednesday 8th of October 2008 02:13:46 PM
Old 10-08-2008
Hammer & Screwdriver rather than od -c ... try od -An -t dC -w10

See this example to get a much better idea of what is your output

Code:
> echo "Hello stranger"                    
Hello stranger
> echo "Hello stranger" | od -An -t dC -w10
   72  101  108  108  111   32  115  116  114   97
  110  103  101  114   10
>

The numbers are the ASCII codes for the text; note the last 10 which is a 'line feed' character.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error : "No data written to object that was write locked"

Hi All, I was able to solve my previous problem (link directory)... but now i have this following problem. I have mounted a disk from other machine using "mount -F nfs" command. When i run a batch which generates some files in that drive.... after a certain number of files i get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nileshkarania
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Apache w/ "Coverity Prevent" cannot start... please hellp!

Hi, I am trying to start the apache server on 11i for Coverity Prevent using following command: # cov-start-gui --datadir /qa_home/coverity/data_dir-4.3.0 cov-internal-httpd not running. For further information, see '/qa_home/coverity/data_dir-4.3.0/logs/error_log' # the error_log... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prits31
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to prevent "ctrl-C" input

Hi I have a script and its execution takes 40 - 60 minutes. The script is run on the console window of the machine. Script execution should not be broken by running ctrl-C under any circumstances. Is there a way to lock the window from any user input (ctrl-C in fact) till the end of the script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
3 Replies

4. AIX

AIX - "prevent script from running twice" issue

I know about standard "ps ..|grep .. | grep -v grep" solution, but... this is different issue I have encountered in several companies I worked for. And I see this only for AIX - not HP, not Solaris, not Linux. Korn shell script is scheduled in the background (via cron /via Tivoli Scheduler or... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooops
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

look for file size greater than "0" of specific pattern and move those to another directory

Hi , i have some files of specific pattern ...i need to look for files which are having size greater than zero and move those files to another directory.. Ex... abc_0702, abc_0709, abc_782 abc_1234 ...etc need to find out which is having the size >0 and move those to target directory..... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dssyadav
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script does not work when written as "one-liner"

In my quest to solve a bigger problem (See my previous post called "Create SQL DML insert statements from file using AWK or similar" - sorry, not allowed to post urls until I have > 5 posts) I'm trying to get my head round awk, but have some problem figuring out why the following script does work... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yagi Uda
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Egrep confusion with "I" and "-I" pattern

I am executing following command egrep -w I filename.txt the filename.txt has following data .... -I 07-18 08:31:19.924 9880 6 SessionManager ConnectConfig: ConfigurationWebService LoginResults=SuccessfulLogin I am so hungry that I need to eat I expect egrep to print only the second... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VBG
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD