Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO SCO 5.0.6 how to partition resize in HTFS? Post 302244588 by carribey on Wednesday 8th of October 2008 08:57:51 AM
Old 10-08-2008
SCO 5.0.6 how to partition resize in HTFS?

I have a 17GB SCSI disk in an SCO 5.0.6 server and it's running out of space because of a growing database on the disk. Consequently I would like to upgrade the 17GB to a 74GB disk and extend the partition.

First off, is partition extension available under HTFS - I know this is an old filesystem, and it would be easily achieved if the system ran ext3.

My thoughts so far - clone the present disk sector by sector to the new 74GB disk, then extend the partition using a partition tool (any suggestions which and important things to remember when doing?)

If this is not possible then alternatively I suppose I could clone the disk to the 74GB disk, keep the 17 GB partition, create a second 57GB partition on the same physical disk and create a symlink on the old partition to the new where the big database file is.

Please help is possible,
John

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCO 5.05 partition problem

Hardware: IBM 300PL 32MB RAM 60Gig HDD During the phase in SCO installation where I get to partition my hard disk, SCO only seems to see 8Gig out of the 60 that I have. Does anyone out there know of a utility or what I need to do to make the the whole 60Gig available. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: budrito
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Resize FREEBSD 5.4 partition

Experts, I am trying to repartition my FreeBSD partition to accomodate 1GB of DOS partition so that I can have the samba share support. I wanted to know the procedure to resize an exsiting FreeBSD partition. Thanks in advance for your help. Regards, Jim (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmynath
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Warning: HTFS: bad dir inode 62730 on HTFS dev hd (1/42)

Hello all. I am receiving this message on the console of a SCO Openserver 5.0.7 server. The hardware is IBM, running mirrored SCSI drives with a hot-swap spare off of an IBM Serveraid controller. I suspect that some permutation of fsck can help me resolve whatever is causing the error, but I am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DoublePanic
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Unix; possible to resize partitions?

If anyone is willing to help I would defenitely appreciate it! The situtation is that we have a client that had a "falling out" with their software/hardware vendor and now aren't able to get support for their machines and software. What's happening is they're using SCO-Unix and a medical... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: PartieHonteuse
5 Replies

5. SCO

Partition Resize / Creation

Hello, I'm new to SCO and I require some help... I have an OLD HD which is about to die and I want to replace it with a new HD. When I clone the HD with either Acronis or Ghost it wont allow me to resize the UNIX partition and I'm stuck with 80% of the new drive as unused space. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dochost
7 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to RESIZE / root partition in RHEL5 (VM)?

Hi Team, Require your expertise on how to resize / partition. This is VM. Thank you. Reggy # df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sda2 15G 13G 556M 96% / /dev/sda1 965M 43M 873M 5% /boot tmpfs 502M 0 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: regmaster
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

required resize /boot partition in linux

Hi, In my linux box I have installed /boot partition with 100MB. I have done compile for a newer kernel. The both kernels are required to me. Finally /boot partition has using 100%. I need to resize the /boot. Any body give the solution how to do resize the /boot partition without dusturbing the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: parsrigum
2 Replies

8. SCO

Resize root partition

I have SCO Openserver 5.0.5 Root partition is 96% full and I would like to make it bigger. How can this be done? 1) Can I use 'dd' to backup 'root' and then backup '/u' to a third hard disk, then divvy the primary hard disk to have a larger 'root' filesystem (i.e. previous root + u) 2) ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: grips03
5 Replies

9. Red Hat

Resize Linux partition

Hello., Could any one please share the informaiton about this or please point me the reference : Assume, we have the following partition after linux machine is setup, it will mention like this : bash$ df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/xvda2 10G... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alnhk
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Resize partition volume

Hello, I am running ubuntu 14.04. Have just installed torrent into home directory but /dev/md2 is almost full. Is it possible to resize md2 to get rid of any problem that may arise in the near future? Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on udev 17G 4.1k 17G 1% /dev... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
2 Replies
WREN(3) 						     Library Functions Manual							   WREN(3)

NAME
wren, ata - hard disk interface SYNOPSIS
bind #H[drive] /dev bind #w[target[.lun]] /dev /dev/hd0disk /dev/hd0partition /dev/sd0disk /dev/sd0partition ... DESCRIPTION
The hard disk interfaces (wren, #w, is a SCSI disk; ata, #H, is an IDE or ATA disk) serve a one-level directory giving access to the hard disk partitions. The parameter to attach defines the numerical SCSI target and logical unit number or the IDE drive number to access. Both default to zero. Each partition name is prefixed by hd and the numeric drive identifier. The partition always exists and covers the entire disk. The size of each partition as reported by stat(2) is the number of bytes in the partition, so the size of is the size of the entire disk. The partition also always exists; it is the last block on the disk for SCSI, second to last for IDE. If it contains valid partition data, those partitions will be visible as well. Every time the device is bound, the partitions are updated to reflect any changes in the parti- tion file. The format of the partition file is the string plan9 partitions on a line, followed by partition specifications, one per line, consisting of a name and textual strings for the block start and limit for each partition on the disk. The program prep(8) writes the partition table for the disk; its use is preferred to writing it by hand. SEE ALSO
prep(8), scsi(3) SOURCE
/sys/src/9/port/devwren.c /sys/src/9/pc/devata.c WREN(3)