Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris sftp error message VREY VERY URGENT Post 302244336 by otheus on Tuesday 7th of October 2008 06:05:48 PM
Old 10-07-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIC1986
Thanks

if we have put nothig in place of /bin/false whether it works

but it says as

/bin/false disallows login with telnet/ssh it does not disallow ftp/sftp as you only run your shell when you direct login
to the best of my knowledge, modern Solaris (2.8, 2.9, 2.10) uses PAM -- Pluggable Authentication Modules. If sshd is set to use PAM (see the sshd.conf file) and the pam_unix module is required for the auth and session parts (see /etc/pam.conf or /etc/pam.d/ssh*) then the shell WILL be checked against /etc/shells.

If you leave the shell field blank, I believe the system will use the default shell (/bin/sh). That might be un-desirable from a security standpoint. But what the hell -- try it and if it doesn't work, then the problem is elsewhere.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error message

I am new to scripting. I am using the following script . BART.dat contains the string 'Y' . #!/bin/ksh cd /work/TCI/data_out file=`cat BART.dat` echo "$file" if ; then echo "true" fi When i am executing the above script i am getting the following error ./s.ksh: : not found ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
2 Replies

2. Programming

URGENT:::Can anybody help me in creating message queue appliction??

hello, I had to implement a message queue application....between 30 processes...... all 30 proceses are getting data from serial port.... And here is THE FLOW::::::::1 connector process...which is linked with message queue to all the 30 applications. Processes get the data from serial port and... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunchaudhary19
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with connecting sftp server(urgent please)

Hi all, I have command to connect gateway server iam in home directory/> ssh root@mrp-gateway root@mrp-gateway:/root> sftp -v msgGoogle@126.132.45.123 sftp/>dir upload --> folder sftp/upload/ls ------------- 8990.txt kittu.txt 8989.txt i have an requirement to print files list which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittusri9
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Urgent need help - issue sftp

hi experts, i have a problem with my sftp which install on sparc sun solaris os version 5.9, i have install this packages below on my server : libgcc-3.3-sol8-sparc-local openssl-0.9.8d-sol8-sparc-local zlib-1.2.3-sol8-sparc-local openssh-4.5p1-sol8-sparc-local and i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucci
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What does this error message mean?

I was reviewing logs and I got this error message in /var/log/messages: Did not receive identification string from (IP ADDRESS) What does it mean? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP-how to log individual sftp command error while executing shell script

Hi, I have situation where i need to automate transferring 10000+ files using sftp. while read line do if ; then echo "-mput /home/student/Desktop/folder/$line/* /cygdrive/e/folder/$line/">>sftpCommand.txt fi done< files.txt sftp -b sftpCommand.txt stu@192.168.2.1 The above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noobrobot
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

blocking connection message in sftp

when i use below sftp command we get connectuiobn message , is there a way to block it. cnt=`sftp -b 'count.sh' <username>@<password>:/gsmtmeg1/java5/docs/common/ | grep -v '^sftp>' | wc -l`;echo $cnt Output ** RESTRICTED ACCESS ** You are authorized to use this system for approved... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalitpct
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

urgent: Not able to send the html formatted message from mailx

<html> <body style=background-color:AliceBlue> <p>Hi,<pre>please check the connectivity status of the server. <pre> And find the server log file for more details. </p> <h1><font size="4">SERVER <font color="red">111.111.11.1</font> IS NOT AVAILABLE IN ONLINE</font></h1> <font color="red"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jothi basu
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File upload message in SFTP

Hi, Below script is running on AIX 7.1 ( 7100-04-05-1720 version ) server. Recently OpenSSH version installed on server got updated from OpenSSH_6.0p1 to OpenSSH_7.5p1 version. After this update we do not receive any file upload message after put/mput command in SFTP. sftp -b - user@server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Juggernaut
1 Replies
PAM_LOGINUID(8) 						 Linux-PAM Manual						   PAM_LOGINUID(8)

NAME
pam_loginuid - Record user's login uid to the process attribute SYNOPSIS
pam_loginuid.so [require_auditd] DESCRIPTION
The pam_loginuid module sets the loginuid process attribute for the process that was authenticated. This is necessary for applications to be correctly audited. This PAM module should only be used for entry point applications like: login, sshd, gdm, vsftpd, crond and atd. There are probably other entry point applications besides these. You should not use it for applications like sudo or su as that defeats the purpose by changing the loginuid to the account they just switched to. OPTIONS
require_auditd This option, when given, will cause this module to query the audit daemon status and deny logins if it is not running. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
Only the session module type is provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_SESSION_ERR An error occurred during session management. EXAMPLES
#%PAM-1.0 auth required pam_unix.so auth required pam_nologin.so account required pam_unix.so password required pam_unix.so session required pam_unix.so session required pam_loginuid.so SEE ALSO
pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(7), auditctl(8), auditd(8) AUTHOR
pam_loginuid was written by Steve Grubb <sgrubb@redhat.com> Linux-PAM Manual 09/19/2013 PAM_LOGINUID(8)