Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris sftp error message VREY VERY URGENT Post 302244180 by GIC1986 on Tuesday 7th of October 2008 11:17:03 AM
Old 10-07-2008
thanks for reply

item 1 i checked no problem
2a in /etc/passwd file the user was mentioned as

user:x:8009:505::/export/home/user:/bin/false

item 3a,3b,3c we are able to connect from other machine to this machine in other user account using sftp

please suggest.... Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error message

I am new to scripting. I am using the following script . BART.dat contains the string 'Y' . #!/bin/ksh cd /work/TCI/data_out file=`cat BART.dat` echo "$file" if ; then echo "true" fi When i am executing the above script i am getting the following error ./s.ksh: : not found ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
2 Replies

2. Programming

URGENT:::Can anybody help me in creating message queue appliction??

hello, I had to implement a message queue application....between 30 processes...... all 30 proceses are getting data from serial port.... And here is THE FLOW::::::::1 connector process...which is linked with message queue to all the 30 applications. Processes get the data from serial port and... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunchaudhary19
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with connecting sftp server(urgent please)

Hi all, I have command to connect gateway server iam in home directory/> ssh root@mrp-gateway root@mrp-gateway:/root> sftp -v msgGoogle@126.132.45.123 sftp/>dir upload --> folder sftp/upload/ls ------------- 8990.txt kittu.txt 8989.txt i have an requirement to print files list which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittusri9
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Urgent need help - issue sftp

hi experts, i have a problem with my sftp which install on sparc sun solaris os version 5.9, i have install this packages below on my server : libgcc-3.3-sol8-sparc-local openssl-0.9.8d-sol8-sparc-local zlib-1.2.3-sol8-sparc-local openssh-4.5p1-sol8-sparc-local and i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucci
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What does this error message mean?

I was reviewing logs and I got this error message in /var/log/messages: Did not receive identification string from (IP ADDRESS) What does it mean? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP-how to log individual sftp command error while executing shell script

Hi, I have situation where i need to automate transferring 10000+ files using sftp. while read line do if ; then echo "-mput /home/student/Desktop/folder/$line/* /cygdrive/e/folder/$line/">>sftpCommand.txt fi done< files.txt sftp -b sftpCommand.txt stu@192.168.2.1 The above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noobrobot
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

blocking connection message in sftp

when i use below sftp command we get connectuiobn message , is there a way to block it. cnt=`sftp -b 'count.sh' <username>@<password>:/gsmtmeg1/java5/docs/common/ | grep -v '^sftp>' | wc -l`;echo $cnt Output ** RESTRICTED ACCESS ** You are authorized to use this system for approved... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalitpct
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

urgent: Not able to send the html formatted message from mailx

<html> <body style=background-color:AliceBlue> <p>Hi,<pre>please check the connectivity status of the server. <pre> And find the server log file for more details. </p> <h1><font size="4">SERVER <font color="red">111.111.11.1</font> IS NOT AVAILABLE IN ONLINE</font></h1> <font color="red"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jothi basu
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File upload message in SFTP

Hi, Below script is running on AIX 7.1 ( 7100-04-05-1720 version ) server. Recently OpenSSH version installed on server got updated from OpenSSH_6.0p1 to OpenSSH_7.5p1 version. After this update we do not receive any file upload message after put/mput command in SFTP. sftp -b - user@server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Juggernaut
1 Replies
userdel(8)						      System Manager's Manual							userdel(8)

NAME
userdel - delete an user account SYNOPSIS
userdel [-D binddn] [-P path] [-r[-f]] [--service service] [--help] [-u] [-v] account DESCRIPTION
userdel deletes an user account from the local system files or a LDAP database and removes all entries that refer to account from the group database. Before the account is removed, the USERDEL_PRECMD command as defined in login.defs(5) is called, after removal the USERDEL_POSTCMD command is called. OPTIONS
-r, --remove-home Remove the whole home directory and the mail spool of the specified account. Files located in other directories will have to be searched for and deleted manually. -f, --force This option is used to force the removal of files, even if not owned by the account. --service service Add the account to a special directory. The default is files, but ldap is also valid. -D, --binddn binddn Use the Distinguished Name binddn to bind to the LDAP directory. The user will be prompted for a password for simple authentica- tion. -P, --path path The passwd and shadow files are located below the specified directory path. chpasswd will use this files, not /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow. --help Print a list of valid options with a short description. -u, --usage Print a short list of valid options. -v, --version Print the version number and exit. FILES
passwd - user account information shadow - shadow user account information group - group information SEE ALSO
passwd(1), login.defs(5), passwd(5), shadow(5), useradd(8), usermod(8) AUTHOR
Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@suse.de> pwdutils October 2003 userdel(8)