Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: filesystem percentage
Operating Systems Linux filesystem percentage Post 302241062 by Franklin52 on Sunday 28th of September 2008 06:17:19 AM
Old 09-28-2008
Some possibilities:

Code:
sed 's/%//' file > newfile

or:
Code:
tr -d '%' < file > newfile

or:
Code:
awk '{sub("%","")}1' file > newfile

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

percentage by line

hi, I am new to awk.. and getting used to the scripts. I have a small data set 5 coulms.. 16 rows. 1) I am trying to remove the percentages of each line of colum 3..like first line divided the sum of colum 3 divided by 100 and print it out. removing hte percentages of each line I would really... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockiefx
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk percentage

how would you calculate percentage by per line? Given a column of 16 lines, grab each line and divide it by the sum of the entire column and multiply by 100? thanks ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockiefx
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

percentage

How to calculate percentage of two values in unix. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Filesystem - error when extend the filesystem

Hi all, currently , my root filesystem already reach 90 ++% I already add more cylinder in the root partition as below Part Tag Flag Cylinders Size Blocks 0 root wm 67 - 5086 38.46GB (5020/0/0) 80646300 1 swap wu 1 - ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
11 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hwo to find shared filesystem and local filesystem in AIX

Hi, I wanted to find out that in my database server which filesystems are shared storage and which filesystems are local. Like when I use df -k, it shows "filesystem" and "mounted on" but I want to know which one is shared and which one is local. Please tell me the commands which I can run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamranjalal
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris Filesystem vs. Windows FileSystem

Hi guys! Could you tell me what's the difference of filesystem of Solaris to filesystem of Windows? I need to compare both. I have read some over the net but it's so much technical. Could you explain it in a more simpler term? I am new to Solaris. Hope you help me guys. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arah
4 Replies

7. AIX

Mount Filesystem in AIX Unable to read /etc/filesystem

Dear all, We are facing prolem when we are going to mount AIX filesystem, the system returned the following error 0506-307The AFopen call failed : A file or directory in the path name does not exist. But when we ls filesystems in the /etc/ directory it show -rw-r--r-- 0 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Percentage calculation

i am trying to get percentage : but not able to do it: i tried : x=1 y=2 z=`expr $x/$y*100` it is not giving me result can u pls help on this (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aditya.Gurgaon
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Percentage of occurence

Dear all, I have data like below and i need to add coloumn before the COUNT field to see the Percentage out of all COUNT field value for respective raw. ============================================= COUNT CODE sConnType tConnType... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Iroshan
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to monitor OS in percentage

Hi, I am looking for generic commands / scripts that could run across platforms especially on HP Itanium boxes to give me % of free OS parameters For eg: Free Total Memory RAM : 20 % Free Total Swap Memory: 35% Free Total CPU utilisation: 44% Free Disk Space: /appl = 55%... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
5 Replies
File::MimeInfo::Cookbook(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     File::MimeInfo::Cookbook(3pm)

NAME
File::MimeInfo::Cookbook - various code snippets DESCRIPTION
Some code snippets for non-basic uses of the File::MimeInfo module: Matching an extension A file does not have to actually exist in order to get a mimetype for it. This means that the following will work: my $extension = '*.txt'; my $mimetype = mimetype( $extension ); Mimetyping an scalar If you want to find the mimetype of a scalar value you need magic mimetyping; after all a scalar doesn't have a filename or inode. What you need to do is to use IO::Scalar : use File::MimeInfo::Magic; use IO::Scalar; my $io_scalar = new IO::Scalar $data; my $mimetype = mimetype( $io_scalar ); In fact most other "IO::" will work as long as they support the "seek()" and "read()" methods. Of course if you want really obscure things to happen you can always write your own IO object and feed it in there. Be aware that when using a filehandle like this you need to set the ":utf8" binmode yourself if apropriate. Mimetyping a filehandle Regrettably for non-seekable filehandles like STDIN simply using an "IO::" object will not work. You will need to buffer enough of the data for a proper mimetyping. For example you could mimetype data from STDIN like this: use File::MimeInfo::Magic; use IO::Scalar; my $data; read(STDIN, $data, $File::MimeInfo::Magic::max_buffer); my $io_scalar = new IO::Scalar $data; my $mimetype = mimetype( $io_scalar ); Be aware that when using a filehandle like this you need to set the ":utf8" binmode yourself if apropriate. Creating a new filename Say you have a temporary file that you want to save with a more proper filename. use File::MimeInfo::Magic qw#mimetype extensions#; use File::Copy; my $tmpfile = '/tmp/foo'; my $mimetype = mimetype($tmpfile); my $extension = extensions($mimetype); my $newfile = 'untitled1'; $newfile .= '.'.$extension if length $extension; move($tmpfile, $newfile); Force the use of a certain database directory Normally you just need to add the dir where your mime database lives to either the XDG_DATA_HOME or XDG_DATA_DIRS environment variables for it to be found. But in some rare cases you may want to by-pass this system all together. Try one of the following: @File::MimeInfo::DIRS = ('/home/me/share/mime'); eval 'use File::MimeInfo'; die if $@; or: use File::MimeInfo; @File::MimeInfo::DIRS = ('/home/me/share/mime'); File::MimeInfo->rehash(); This can also be used for switching between databases at run time while leaving other XDG configuration stuff alone. AUTHOR
Jaap Karssenberg <pardus@cpan.org> Copyright (c) 2005, 2012 Jaap G Karssenberg. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
File::MimeInfo perl v5.14.2 2012-01-05 File::MimeInfo::Cookbook(3pm)