Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: shell & AWK
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shell & AWK Post 302239887 by tushar_tus on Wednesday 24th of September 2008 04:02:05 PM
Old 09-24-2008
shell & AWK

Hi,

I want to make a script using shell and awk together, the objective is----
Using for loop I am reading data from a file and then want to print (using awk) the first and fifth field from a directory.
This script is not running as it should........
Please helpSmilie
Thanks in advance.........

for i in `cat file1` ;
do
grep $i /user2/INAUTO/LOG/OCS*24092008* | awk '/Success/ { print $1,$5}' *24092008*;
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: Version && nextfile

How can I find which version of Awk is installed? OpSystem is HPUX 11.x I am getting an error when trying to use the keyword nextfile and I dont know why! (Well, I can only assume that I have am using a version of Awk that does not support nextfile. However, according to O'Reilly, nextfile is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: google
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

C shell & Bourne Shell

Hi Guys, My first post and simple one at that .. Really rusty with this shell scripting..\ I have a script called .. j.sh I am calling > j.sh LOG_PATH $BLMBRGDATA/blmbrg.properties where j.sh is grep $1 $2 | cut -d',' -f2 . $BLMBRGDATA is set to a directory path. why do i get :- $... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsm66
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Network Shell Script & Blade Logic & Network Security

I am going to take up a position in Data & Network Security. I would need to write network shell scripts doing the following task: Going to around 2000 servers and findout which groups has access to each servers and which ids are there in each group that has access. I need to implement... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk and &&

Hi I need to make some checks inside an awk statement, but cannot come up with the the syntax for several checks under one awk statement, for example: grep -w ${bits} mydata | awk '{if ($3==1)&&($4==3)&&($5==1) print }' awk: syntax error near line 1 awk: illegal statement near line 1 In... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Variables & awk...Help Please

I apologize if this topic has been beaten to death here, but my limited searching skills did not throw up any results. Here's what I am trying to accomplish List all the files in a certain directory; assign the file names to an array which will be used later in the script. My script looks like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kash80
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bourne shell & Korn shell

Could some one tell me the difference btw Bourne shell and the Kshell? Which is more flexible and reliable in terms of portability and efficiency. When i type the following command .. $ echo $SHELL yields me /bin/sh Does this tells me that I am in Bourne shell. If yes, how can i get... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Help: quick and easy question may be: How to use &&

Hi Guru's. I am trying to use to check if $5 is greater than 80 & if not 100, then to print $0 : awk '{ if ($5>80) && if ($5 != 100) print $0} But getting error: >bdf1|sed 's/%//g'|awk '{ if ($5>80) && if ($5 != 100) print $0}' syntax error The source line is 1. The error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Implement the '&&' function in a shell

Hello, I'm currently implementing the && function in a shell using C. For example, if we input cmd1 && cmd2, then cmd2 executes only when cmd1 exits successfully. I'm thinking about: int main() { int i; char **args; while(1) { printf("yongfeng's shell:~$ "); args =... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yongfeng
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk and &&

Hello Everybody. I am having trouble matching multiple strings within an instanza. I ONLY want it to print if it finds both strings within the range. Example input (newlines between groups inserted only for readibility): Keywords to match are "artist" and "play count" startgroup1 artist:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudo
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP Shell Script Get & Delete && Upload & Delete

Hi All, Do you have any sample script, - auto get file from SFTP remote server and delete file in remove server after downloaded. - only download specify filename - auto upload file from local to SFTP remote server and delete local folder file after uploaded - only upload specify filename ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: weesiong
3 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWgawk | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Volatile | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for gawk is available on http://opensolaris.org. Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)