Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: run script through terminal
Operating Systems Linux run script through terminal Post 302239660 by vellaichamy on Wednesday 24th of September 2008 07:44:47 AM
Old 09-24-2008
Tools Solve this problem

First u will go to the root user. And then just u put in a

root@192:~]/opt/..../root.sh
then just u ender automatically run the script
root@192:~]/opt/..../orainstRoot.sh
then just u ender automatically run the script

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run the start script from the terminal? Newbie Time!

Hi, How do I "run a script"? I'm trying to start up some software called ElectroServer 3, and was told I just needed to "run the start script from the terminal to get things going". From the terminal, i use cd command to change to the software's directory, and I guess the script in question is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: waking_bear
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

open terminal to run cmd using shell script

i want the shell script to open the terminal and in that terminal i want to run a command specified in the script... how can it be done... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandrabhushan
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script run everytime a new terminal window is opened

I created a script called title #!/bin/sh echo "^0;$*^G" It will change the terminal window titlebar to what ever I type after the script (title BIG would change titlebar to BIG instead of terminal) Is there a way to make it run so it will work on every terminal window that gets opened.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amason0508
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run bash script without terminal

How can I make a bash script that keeps on running after I have closed the terminal? Or a script that runs without having the terminal window open? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: locoroco
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to run a command in a new terminal

Hey, I am trying to write a script that will open all of my session windows, and then secure shell into the appropriate server in the new windows. Seems simple, but I cant get it to work! Please help! :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sojo1024
1 Replies

6. Linux

How to open a gnome-terminal in specific workspace and run script within it automatically upon login

OK this is a bit messy. I run Fedora with gnome on a compiz desktop, I have a script (userstart) that opens my 'standard' environment for all my machines when I login. userstart flips to a specific workspace and then opens the required applications in that workspace then flips to the next... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashingaway
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem run script inside a gnome-terminal

hi, I would like to ask about using gnome-terminal command, I had a script that will run my VBOX VM in headless and i want to display the output(STDOUT) on the gnome-terminal window. The purpose that i want to display the STDOUT of the script cause i will used it or create a desktop shortcut for... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Open gnome-terminal with multi tabs and automatically run a script in each tab

Hi All , i am trying to create an alias to open a new gnome-terminal and run some commands in each tab & to have a specific name for each tab i am using csh , tried this command gnome-terminal --tab -t "s1" --tab -t "s2" --tab -t "s3" --tab -t "s4" it opened 4 tabs but the title didn't... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Assem
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run script in new terminal

Hi Guys, I have a script that runs certain simulations in batch mode. I need to schedule some simulations to run over night. For each simulation to complete it should be run in separate terminal. My script is as follows sh run_test.sh <arg1> <arg2> <arg3> ... I need to launch this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aelhosiny
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to run a shell script in background without showing in the terminal?

Hi Guys, i am having a script which checks for ip address is pingable or not,when i execute this script in terminal it keeps on showing the pinging status of every ip address and it takes more time when i check for 100 ip address,How to do run a script in background without showing in the terminal... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meeran Rizvi
4 Replies
SCRIPT-EMAIL(8) 					  System Administration Commands					   SCRIPT-EMAIL(8)

NAME
script-email - Amanda script to send email notifications DESCRIPTION
script-email is an Amanda script implementing the Script API. It should not be run by users directly. It sends a notification email to the addresses specified in the MAILTO property. PROPERTIES
This section lists the properties that control script-email's functionality. See amanda-scripts(7) for information on the Script API, script configuration. MAILTO List of email addresses that will receive an email on command execution. It is a multi-valued property: property "MAILTO" "amanda@domain.com" "sysadmin@domain.com" "amandauser@domain.com" EXAMPLE
In this example, script-email is scheduled to be run before the DLE, on the server. The unqualified email address amanda will be passed to the email system unchanged. The script is then attached to a dumptype, which can then be specified for any DLEs which require notification. define script-tool pre-email { comment "email me before this DLE is backed up" plugin "script-email" execute-on pre-dle-backup execute-where server property "mailto" "amanda" } define dumptype user-tar-email { user-tar script "pre-email" } SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda.conf(5), amanda-client.conf(5), amanda-scripts(7) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.3 01/10/2013 SCRIPT-EMAIL(8)