Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: remove device
Operating Systems AIX remove device Post 302239454 by lo-lp-kl on Tuesday 23rd of September 2008 05:02:04 PM
Old 09-23-2008
remove device

thanks for the reply shockneck

I remove the device but when I try to move dynamic to my lpar that I want that have now the device. I do all this from the HMC.

I got a message. That I cant remove and device. even If I want to remove dynamic the device I got the same message.

The whole picture is this.

1.-I have to remove the device from the command line
2.-I have to move from my lpar that got the device to the new lpar that I get to put, all this dynamic
3.-I have to run cfgmgr
4.-Verify that I got the device from the command line.

The step one theory I done. Thatīs why I put the out of the command lsslot -c slot because I still got on that partition.

Thanks again for your tips

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

rmdev won't remove disk device AIX

Hi all, I'm attempting to remove some EMC hdisk devices which we recently had made available to one of our backup servers. This is an AIX 5.3 server. When I try doing an rmdev I get the following: root@********:/dev# rmdev -d -l hdisk495 Method error (/usr/lib/methods/ucfgdevice): ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: C.J.Hund
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX rm -rf error "rm: cannot remove `filename' : Device or resource busy"

Hi Everyone, I am trying to remove a directory: $ rm -rf directory_name/ rm: cannot remove `directory_name/filename': Device or resource busy What does this mean, and why can't I remove these files? I already tried moving into the directory, and removing the files individually, but I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna_Z
7 Replies

3. AIX

How to remove a device in use?

Hi All, I'm having trouble with my SAN devices on AIX 5.3 so I would like to remove the SAN devices and HBAs. Then I want to recreate them with cfgmgr and see if this solves my problem. So I have the following SAN devices: # lsdev | grep fcs fcs0 Available 07-08 FC... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: petervg
7 Replies

4. Red Hat

Unable To Activate Ethernet Network Device in RHEL 5.5 - e100 device eth0 does not seem to be presen

Hi All, Could anyone please help to resolve the below problem. I installed RHEL5.5 in my desktop.But when i try to activate the ethernet connection then it gives me the error. I spent 2 days for the above and go through with several suggestion found by googling. But no luck. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanmoy
0 Replies

5. AIX

Gpfs how to remove nsd from a device

Gpfs how to remove nsd from a device Need to removed nsd from the device below /apps/abinitio/outbound01 90 30 DEVappsabob01 root@carlvpc0lpr24 # df -g /apps/abinitio/outbound01 Filesystem GB blocks Free %Used Iused %Iused Mounted on /dev/DEVappsabob01 90.00 89.39 1% 4032 1%... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asyed123
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

Failed to open tape device /dev/rmt/0mn:Device busy (errno = 16)

Hi, Unable to make tape backup, please help. /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery -a /dev/rmt/?mn -I -v -m tar -x inc_entire=vg00 * Creating local directories for configuration files and archive. ======= 04/25/16 16:28:08 IST Started /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery. (Mon... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragr
4 Replies
remove(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 						remove(3C)

NAME
remove - remove file SYNOPSIS
#include <stdio.h> int remove(const char *path); DESCRIPTION
The remove() function causes the file or empty directory whose name is the string pointed to by path to be no longer accessible by that name. A subsequent attempt to open that file using that name will fail, unless the file is created anew. For files, remove() is identical to unlink(). For directories, remove() is identical to rmdir(). See rmdir(2) and unlink(2) for a detailed list of failure conditions. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, remove() returns 0. Otherwise, it returns -1 and sets errno to indicate an error. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
rmdir(2), unlink(2), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 14 Aug 2002 remove(3C)