Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: errpt script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting errpt script Post 302238971 by seacros on Monday 22nd of September 2008 12:59:16 PM
Old 09-22-2008
Thanks.
I will try it out.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

errpt on aix entry.

hi, i have an entry in errpt on aix... any help? --------------------------------------------------------------------------- LABEL: AMQFFST3 IDENTIFIER: 8FED25B9 Date/Time: Fri Nov 15 07:20:05 Sequence Number: 2715 Machine Id: 000694DF4C00 Node Id: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yls177
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

errpt

Hello World, When I issue the errpt command 1581762B 0826133303 T H hdisk1 DISK OPERATION ERROR C14C511C 0826133303 T H scsi0 ADAPTER ERROR I found these two unusual errors, wat exactly do these mean ? Im on an aix box. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cubicle^dweller
3 Replies

3. AIX

How to add an entry in the errpt

Hi, I'm looking for a tool or a command to generate entries in the AIX error log (errpt). I know the command errlogger but I need to simulate HARDWARE or TEMP entries for test purpose. Anyone knows something that can help me ? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fwirbel
1 Replies

4. AIX

Exclude junks from errpt

I've got an issue where some application is reporting errors and keeps writing to errpt every 10 seconds, filling it up. While trying to find out what application it is, is there anyway to exclude these errors from reporting to errpt? BD194808 0306120707 N U FFST BD194808 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kiem
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

errpt display option?

HI When I run errpt, since there is such a long list of them I cant seem to see the most recent. There must be some kind of tag for this? I checked man but had no luck. Any help? Many thanks. IN. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Incremental
2 Replies

6. AIX

errpt grep

Hi All, I have multiple error on my AIX 53. How do I trim the report per date only? Please help. Thanks, itik (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

7. AIX

errpt message

Hello I have this message from errpt command IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION BFE4C025 0803155809 P H sysplanar0 UNDETERMINED ERROR BFE4C025 0802155509 P H sysplanar0 UNDETERMINED ERROR BFE4C025 0801155209 P H sysplanar0 UNDETERMINED ERROR BFE4C025 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
6 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

errpt in AIX

The below is my code in general according to AIX books To display a detailed report of all errors logged in the past 24 hours, enter: errpt -a -s mmddhhmmyy where the mmddhhmmyy string equals the current month, day, hour, minute, and year, minus 24 hours. I have tried the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sounddappan
2 Replies

9. AIX

errpt not giving a result

my system get rebooted by its self after its came up i try to check the error log P690/>errpt | more Cannot open error message catalog /usr/lib/nls/msg/en_US/codepoint.cat. The error report will still run, but it will not have explanatory messages P690/>ls -lrt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
1 Replies

10. AIX

AIX errpt

Hi, just a short question: Is a error label always equal to a error identifier? So it does not matter if i search for an specific identifier (errpt -j) or a specific label (errpt -J)? Regards Ron (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: -=XrAy=-
5 Replies
service(8)						      System Manager's Manual							service(8)

NAME
service - run a System V init script SYNOPSIS
service SCRIPT COMMAND [OPTIONS] service --status-all service --help | -h | --version DESCRIPTION
service runs a System V init script in as predictable environment as possible, removing most environment variables and with current working directory set to /. The SCRIPT parameter specifies a System V init script, located in /etc/init.d/SCRIPT. The supported values of COMMAND depend on the invoked script, service passes COMMAND and OPTIONS it to the init script unmodified. All scripts should support at least the start and stop commands. As a special case, if COMMAND is --full-restart, the script is run twice, first with the stop command, then with the start command. service --status-all runs all init scripts, in alphabetical order, with the status command. If the init script file does not exist, the script tries to use legacy actions. If there is no suitable legacy action found and COMMAND is one of actions specified in LSB Core Specification, input is redirected to the systemctl. Otherwise the command fails with return code 2. FILES
/etc/init.d The directory containing System V init scripts. ENVIRONMENT
LANG, TERM The only environment variables passed to the init scripts. SEE ALSO
chkconfig(8), ntsysv(8), systemd(1), systemctl(8), systemd.service(5) Jan 2006 service(8)