Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: rebooting resetting loop
Operating Systems Solaris rebooting resetting loop Post 302238711 by mm00123 on Sunday 21st of September 2008 04:52:15 PM
Old 09-21-2008
Question

but I cant reach the ok prompt??

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Resetting WTMP?

When I type last oracle I get dates from Nov 28, 2000 all the way back to the beginning of time it seems. The 11-28-2000 entry states that Oracle is still logged in, but if you type a who, it shows only 1 entry - the currently logged in user (Me as oracle), but I logged in only minutes ago - and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cuppjr
4 Replies

2. Programming

resetting counter using bitwise XOR

Hi ! How to reset a variable to 0 after a reset value, say 10 using bitwise XOR. For example, int cnt=0; if(cnt<10) cnt++; else cnt = 0; How can we achieve this by using XOR only. thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrgubbala
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Resetting user's passwords

Hi all, I'm developing a script to handle the various actions involved with user admin as root: Reset password create a new users change a users email address, etc We're in the process of changing over from "telnet" to "SSH" to establish terminal sessions on our Solaris 9/10 servers. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dewets
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

resetting IFS variable

Hi, I have modified the IFS variable in the K shell program and with in the program i want to reset to the default one. How do i reset the same. e.g in the begining of the program IFS is default in the middle i changed it to IFS="|" and again i want the default value for the IFS. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaykrc
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Resetting date

Hi there, Is there a way i can reset the date on my unix terminal to yesterday's date? date Tue Jul 1 14:18:21 GMT 2008 Please let me know. JAK (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Resetting the Positional parameters values

Hi, Can any one provide the Unix command to reset the positional parameters? Please see the below example where i have to pass 2 parameters to Shell1.sh. Step1) . ./Shell1.sh 2 3 successfully executed, Then i executed(next step only) the same shell script again,this time no... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmk
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Resetting ALOM

Hi gurus, I have a sun netra 240 server. I want to get to the ALOM but it always ask for login and password. Can anyone tell me how I can reset the ALOM it to default so I can be able to configure it? Thanks lots. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
2 Replies

8. AIX

Resetting the NVRAM

Does anybody know how to reset the NVRAM on a System p 520 (power 5)? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: livehho
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restarting/Resetting a USB Port?

Hello All, So I have been running into an issue with a USB Modem where if someone ends their dialin connection abruptly from the other side the modem gets stuck and I found that the only way to fix it is to either unplug the USB Modem and plug it back in, or just reboot. I'd rather not reboot... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
5 Replies
pam_get_user(3PAM)					       PAM Library Functions						pam_get_user(3PAM)

NAME
pam_get_user - PAM routine to retrieve user name SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag ... ] file ... -lpam [ library ... ] #include <security/pam_appl.h> int pam_get_user(pam_handle_t *pamh, char **user, const char *prompt); DESCRIPTION
The pam_get_user() function is used by PAM service modules to retrieve the current user name from the PAM handle. If the user name has not been set with pam_start() or pam_set_item(), the PAM conversation function will be used to prompt the user for the user name with the string "prompt". If prompt is NULL, then pam_get_item() is called and the value of PAM_USER_PROMPT is used for prompting. If the value of PAM_USER_PROMPT is NULL, the following default prompt is used: Please enter user name: After the user name is gathered by the conversation function, pam_set_item() is called to set the value of PAM_USER. By convention, appli- cations that need to prompt for a user name should call pam_set_item() and set the value of PAM_USER_PROMPT before calling pam_authenti- cate(). The service module's pam_sm_authenticate() function will then call pam_get_user() to prompt for the user name. Note that certain PAM service modules, such as a smart card module, may override the value of PAM_USER_PROMPT and pass in their own prompt. Applications that call pam_authenticate() multiple times should set the value of PAM_USER to NULL with pam_set_item() before calling pam_authenticate(), if they want the user to be prompted for a new user name each time. The value of user retrieved by pam_get_user() should not be modified or freed. The item will be released by pam_end(). RETURN VALUES
Upon success, pam_get_user() returns PAM_SUCCESS; otherwise it returns an error code. Refer to pam(3PAM) for information on error related return values. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability | Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe with exceptions | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pam(3PAM), pam_authenticate(3PAM), pam_end(3PAM), pam_get_item(3PAM), pam_set_item(3PAM), pam_sm(3PAM), pam_sm_authenticate(3PAM), pam_start(3PAM), attributes(5) NOTES
The interfaces in libpam are MT-Safe only if each thread within the multithreaded application uses its own PAM handle. SunOS 5.10 13 Oct 1998 pam_get_user(3PAM)