Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Most time consumed process
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Most time consumed process Post 302238272 by Sreejith_VK on Friday 19th of September 2008 12:09:46 PM
Old 09-19-2008
Most time consumed process

Hi All,

I have a simple question on unix command. Here, I need to find the most time consumed process running at present in my HP -UX server.
Though it is possible through top command but to redirect the output I want the same done through some command like ps -aef.
Also I need the user who started the process and the start time.
Please help.

Last edited by Sreejith_VK; 09-20-2008 at 03:11 AM..
Sreejith_VK

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

1. To know the Memory consumed by a process at a time

hello I am new to the UNIX I want to know what command is used 1.To know the Memory consumed by a process at a time . 2.To know the How many CPU's in a server. 3.To know the RAM size. 4.To know the Hard Disk size. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maheshkoushik
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

Order process by consumed memory

Hi! I am new to HP-UX. :o By using the command glance, I found the user memory usage was very high. I would like to know is there any command can show the process which consume most available memory ? (Just like the command top, but order by memory, not CPU) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alfredo
1 Replies

3. AIX

Where is the space consumed

Hello On AIX 5, In a file system - I see no big files but still df shows no space available. What is tricky here? Filesystem GB blocks Free %Used Iused %Iused Mounted on /dev/fslv10 20.00 6.11 70% 2167 1% /data/d2 I have calculated all files conumption under... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to Decrease priority of a particular process in time of process creation

how to decrease priority of a particular process in time of process creation... and also how to decrease priority of a particular process after process creation.. can any one please help me out... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramkum
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Process accounting and Shell process time

Hi All, I am running the following accounting on one of my executable, $ accton /home/myexe-acct $ ./myexe $ accton When I check the process timings I get the below result, Shell process time: 300ms myexe time: 100ms I want to know on why the shell(sh) process is taking so much time... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: santoshbr4
1 Replies

6. Linux

Process start time not showing correct time

Process start time is not showing the correct time: I had started a process on Jun 17th at 23:30:00. Next day morning when I run the command "ps -ef | grep mq", the process is showing the start date of Jun 17th but the start time is 00:16:41 Day/Date is setup correctly on the server. It... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemangjani
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I obtain the consumed memory of a process?

Hi!!! how can I obtain the consumed memory of a process? nowadays i'm using ps -efo pid, pmem, comm,args .... but the information is in percentage, is that correct? so, i want to know how can obtain the consumed memory of a process in mb? thanks in advance! Richard (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcrutz_18
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate time difference between start and end time of a process!

Hello All, I have a problem calculating the time difference between start and end timings...! the timings are given by 24hr format.. Start Date : 08/05/10 12:55 End Date : 08/09/10 06:50 above values are in mm/dd/yy hh:mm format. Now the thing is, 7th(08/07/10) and... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
16 Replies

9. Solaris

Logging the memory consumed by a process with c/C++ without using proc

I need to log the size of physical/virtual memory consumed by any given given process using c/c++ code running on solaris and aix without using the proc filesystem. Please advise. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Manisha Paul
1 Replies

10. AIX

Process, PID and total memory consumed on AIX.

Hi, Below is the code snippet I use on Linux (Centos) to retrieve the Process Name, PID and memory consumed on Linux (Centos) host:- top -b -n 1 | awk -v date="$tdydate" -v ip="$ip" 'NR>7 {print date","ip","$12,","$1,","$10}' Any idea how the same can be retrieved on an AIX host? This... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vipin Batra
1 Replies
timex(1)                                                           User Commands                                                          timex(1)

NAME
timex - time a command; report process data and system activity SYNOPSIS
timex [-o] [ -p [-fhkmrt]] [-s] command DESCRIPTION
The given command is executed; the elapsed time, user time and system time spent in execution are reported in seconds. Optionally, process accounting data for the command and all its children can be listed or summarized, and total system activity during the execution interval can be reported. The output of timex is written on standard error. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -o Report the total number of blocks read or written and total characters transferred by command and all its children. This option works only if the process accounting software is installed. -p List process accounting records for command and all its children. This option works only if the process accounting software is installed. Suboptions f, h, k, m, r, and t modify the data items reported. The options are as follows: -f Print the fork(2)/ exec(2) flag and system exit status columns in the output. -h Instead of mean memory size, show the fraction of total available CPU time consumed by the process during its execution. This ``hog factor'' is computed as (total CPU time)/(elapsed time). -k Instead of memory size, show total kcore-minutes. -m Show mean core size (the default). -r Show CPU factor (user time/(system-time + user-time)). -t Show separate system and user CPU times. The number of blocks read or written and the number of characters transferred are always reported. -s Report total system activity (not just that due to command) that occurred during the execution interval of command. All the data items listed in sar(1) are reported. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Examples of timex. A simple example: example% timex -ops sleep 60 A terminal session of arbitrary complexity can be measured by timing a sub-shell: example% timex -opskmt sh session commands EOT ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWaccu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sar(1), time(1), exec(2), fork(2), times(2), attributes( 5) NOTES
Process records associated with command are selected from the accounting file /var/adm/pacct by inference, since process genealogy is not available. Background processes having the same user ID, terminal ID, and execution time window will be spuriously included. SunOS 5.10 14 Sep 1992 timex(1)