Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: VI paste out of alignment
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers VI paste out of alignment Post 302232767 by sentinel on Friday 5th of September 2008 06:35:11 AM
Old 09-05-2008
:set paste

Please use :set paste before pasting in .

After that you may do :set nopaste to continue.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

alignment in shell script

grep 'Dept' x.lst |awk -F"Name=" `{print $1" "$2" "$3}` the output is coming like this Krishna 1 2340 8383 Rohan 10 982 234 how can I align these numbers using shell script. even i used typeset but it is useful for only zero-when-blank.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishna
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Column Alignment

I copied a word file to my Unix directory, How do I line up my columns to the file I copied over? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikncha
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

alignment of variable

Dear Champs, i have a file let a.txt having value number text 00 123 012 145 456 ...etc i need number and text column vales should right align ??? how can i achive this ??? NOTE number is of max 3 char and text can take max 7 char...so if any records are less than above lengths... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tools for alignment of code?

Hello, Do we have any freeware which helps in alignment of code wrt spaces, sections etc? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eagercyber
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

alignment

Hi, I am having a file with with format. however, for longer xml, the xml code has been truncated like this. F1 |###################### |String1 |<XML><REQ><MSGTYPE>DBDIRECT</MSGTYPE><SYNC>0</SYNC><CLIENT>C11</CLIENT>NAME=MYNAME|JOB=MYJOB| | ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellwell
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting output alignment

Hi Gurus, I've the following output from my scripting as shown below. 0.48 GB 0.29 GB 0.19 GB 60% 0.48 GB 0.29 GB 0.19 GB 60% 228.90 GB 89.47 GB 139.42 GB 39% 228.76 GB 72.37 GB 156.39 GB 31% Is it possible to format this output into a proper... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: superHonda123
16 Replies

7. HP-UX

HP-UX text alignment

HI all, I tried to edit my files using HP-UX but my output tends to not align when I add another character in the files to edit my files i used the command is as follow chmod +w filename vi filename Help, :eek: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jasonhpwong
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Row alignment

*1 flash read test(*do_test1*) PASS *2 xxxxxxxxxxx flash write test(*do_test2) FAIL ------>xxxxx *1 flash read test(*do_test1*) PASS *2 xxxxxxxxxxx flash write test(*do_test2) FAIL ------>xxxxx I want pass and Fail to be aligned if each line uses printf or echo to print, is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help with awk alignment

Dear All, I am in the beginning stage of learning shell scripting and preparing shell script on my own now. I would like to get help from fellow mates here. As I am trying to take O/P with space included from I/P table. Kindly guide me to align given I/P table as Expected O/P. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raja007
5 Replies
NOPASTE-IT(1)						      General Commands Manual						     NOPASTE-IT(1)

NAME
nopaste-it - Nopaste software written in Perl (cli tool). SYNOPSIS
nopaste-it DESCRIPTION
This manual page describes briefly the nopaste-it commandline parameters. BINARY PARAMETERS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. -h, --help Display this help and exit. -v, --version Display version and exit. -u, --url <url> Use a different nopaste URL than http://nopaste.linux-dev.org/. -n, --name Use a different author name than your UNIX username (if it is set). -l, --language <language> Set the given code language. Popular ones are for example: "C", "C++", "Diff", "Perl", "Ruby", etc. You can get the list of sup- ported languages by using the "-s / --list" option of this program. It will be plain unless nothing different is set. Note: This is case sensitive. -e, --expires <expire> Set the expire option. At the moment it only accepts: "1d", "1w" and "never". The default value is "1w". -f, --file <filename> Add the content of the given file to your paste instead of reading from STDIN. -s, --list Gets supported code languages from remote pnopaste and prints them. This option could also be mixed with "url". AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Patrick Matthai <patrick@linux-dev.org> for nopaste-it. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Founda- tion NOPASTE-IT(1)