Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris using ufsdump to backup on cd_room...plzzzzzzz help me Post 302230340 by sasame on Friday 29th of August 2008 05:17:53 AM
Old 08-29-2008
Question using ufsdump to backup on cd_room...plzzzzzzz help me

hi,
am trying to backup data on cd, cuz i don not have tape device....!!!

am using solaris 10 for x86 on vmware .....

how to make a backup data to a cd_rom againist to tape ?

SmilieSmilieSmilieSmilieSmilieSmilie

Smilie # ufsdump 0f - cd_rom Smilie

Last edited by sasame; 08-29-2008 at 07:18 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ufsdump

hi i would like to backup my OS what is the exact command to do? beside backup to tapes can i back up to a directory in another server? will the command be the same? thanks. :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: legato
4 Replies

2. Solaris

ufsdump

Hi, I want to how to take backup of File system From Disk to Disk using ufsdump? Wheather we can take the backup of root file system from one disk to another if tape drive is not available? wheather it is reliable to restore root file system? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ufsdump

Hi, I have 5 soraris boxes and i am trying to backup all to SAN.Which backup is more suitable tar or ufsdump? Also pls mention what are the important folders i need to back up. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris5.10
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Making backup with ufsdump to remote mounted filesystems

Hi Unix members. I am trying to make a backup to remote mounted filesystems : fileraseing:/vol/oracliente_revap01 10G 1.3G 8.7G 13% /orarev_ap01 fileraseing:/vol/bobje 10G 5.9G 4.1G 60% /bobje But I am receiving the follow message when use the ufsdump command: :$PWD>ufsdump 0fu... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aggadtech08
8 Replies

5. Solaris

ufsdump backup duration

hi, i'm trying to figure out how to tell the amount of time a ufsdump of a directory takes. i use the below command: echo "Starting Backup of u4" >> /backup/backup.log 2>&1 /usr/sbin/ufsdump 0uf /dev/rmt/0n /u4 >> /backup/backup.log 2>&1 echo "Finished Backup of u4" >> /backup/backup.log... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinoy43v3r
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Using ufsrestore from a DAT tape of ufsdump backup

hi, was wondering if there is a problem with the patches, and if we wish to restore everything back to square one, how should we go about using ufsrestore from a DAT tape of ufsdump backup data ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Exposure
1 Replies

7. Solaris

possible to do ufsdump backup without a tape drive ?

hi friends, i am trying to patch a solaris 9 server. However i need to do a ufsdump backup before any patching. There is no hardware port for connecting the tape drive. Any other ways to do a ufsdump ? :wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Exposure
2 Replies

8. Solaris

ufsdump

Experts, Before patching am advised to take backup : so am going with: ufsdump -0uf /dev/rmt0 / ---> to take the whole / bkp to tape. some servers have /var in diff slice, In this case whether i need to take backup of /var also in tape? ufsdump -ouf /dev/rmt0 /var ---> to take... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fizan
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Anyway to do ufsdump os backup to usb drives

hi folks happy new year to all, I haven't been coming round for a long time. I've been googling about this can't seem to find any good examples, I need to know if it's possible to do a ufsdump os backup into a usb flash drive. Then what about in event of os recovery when we boot to single... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
2 Replies
AMRMTAPE(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       AMRMTAPE(8)

NAME
amrmtape - remove a tape from the Amanda database SYNOPSIS
amrmtape [ -n ] [ -v ] [ -q ] [ -d ] config label DESCRIPTION
Amrmtape invalidates the contents of an existing backup tape in the configuration database. This is meant as a recovery mechanism when a good backup is damaged either by faulty hardware or user error, e.g. the tape is eaten by the drive or is overwritten. See the amanda(8) man page for more details about Amanda. OPTIONS
-n Generate new tapelist and database files with label removed, but leave them in /tmp and do not update the original copies. -v List backups of hosts and disks that are being discarded. Enabled by default. -q Opposite of -v. -d Run in debugging mode so all executed commands are shown. EXAMPLE
Remove tape labeled DAILY034 from the DailySet1 configuration. # amrmtape DailySet1 DAILY034 AUTHOR
Adrian T. Filipi-Martin <atf3r@cs.virginia.edu> SEE ALSO
amadmin(8), amanda(8) AMRMTAPE(8)