Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Tips to speed up Redhat linux machine Post 302229778 by tj23 on Thursday 28th of August 2008 02:14:33 AM
Old 08-28-2008
Tips to speed up Redhat linux machine

Smiliehi all,
I run a virtual RedHat Linux 4.0 ES machine using VMWARE.I've allocated a RAM of 512Mb.Could you please provide suggestions/tips to get my machine to run faster..

Thanks in advanceSmilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

typs of machine for REDHAT OS

Hello all, I'm currently looking at getting new server machine for my work. Unfortunately I don't have the time to check out types and performance issue with server machine, therefore I would like to ask if anyone has suggestion for server machine to be running Redhat AS version and type of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: larryase
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

linux tips

Hi, I am working on a linux install to a desktop pc and will configure this onto our main server once happy with the functions etc. I am actually a HP and AIX sys admin and was looking for the best ways to: create a bootable file that can be copied to dvd-rw / cd-rw or to dds be able to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chlawren
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH into a linux machine from a windows machine

I basically want to login into different linux machines( on the same network) from a windows machine. I know i can use ssh <machine name>. But i want to automate this process. I dont want to enter the username and password. Is there any way to do it. Can i make some sort of a batch script for it. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any tips/suggestions for a newbie beginning to read the Linux Kernel Source Code

Hi All, I recently downloaded the Linux kernel source code, added them all to a project in MS VC++ and plan to read through it so that I can improve the way I code, read/understand a large code database and hopefully contribute something to the development of the Linux OS. I have taken a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: clavian
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to see network speed of virtual linux machine?

After installing PV (Para virtual drivers) drivers I m not able to check the network speed of my Ethernet port. Please check the output of mii-tool and ethtool. # mii-tool eth0 SIOCGMIIPHY on 'eth0' failed: Operation not supported # ethtool eth0 Settings for eth0: Link... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP

I need a shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP. The files keeps changing day-to-day. I have to copy the latest file to the windows machine frm the linux machine. for example :In Linux, On July 20, the file name will be 20.txt and it should be copied to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithin6034
3 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Tips for hiring a Linux Application developer

I am looking to hire a Linux Application developer for my startup. But am having trouble screening for the right skill-set. What should I look for ? And, where do I find these developers who have experience in building applications for Linux? Best, E (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emerging_desk
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Redhat Linux machine not coming up

We have a Redhat Enterprise Linux server which is not in production environment. Unfortunately it is not logging. How to trouble shoot it ?? How to know the exact problem ? :rolleyes: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
3 Replies
VMWARE-CHECKVM(1)						   Open VM Tools						 VMWARE-CHECKVM(1)

NAME
vmware-checkvm - Check if running in a VM or not SYNOPSIS
vmware-checkvm DESCRIPTION
This is a simple console application and can be run as any user. vmware-checkvm check if is running in a VM (returns 0) or not (returns 1). OPTIONS
vmware-checkvm has no options. SEE ALSO
vmware-hgfsclient(1) vmware-toolbox(1) vmware-toolbox-cmd(1) vmware-user(1) libguestlib(3) libvmtools(3) vmware-xferlogs(1) vmware-guestd(8) vmware-hgfsmounter(8) vmware-user-suid-wrapper(8) vmblock(9) vmci(9) vmhgfs(9) vmmemctl(9) vmsock(9) vmsync(9) vmxnet(9) vmxnet3(9) HOMEPAGE
More information about vmware-checkvm and the Open VM Tools can be found at <http://open-vm-tools.sourceforge.net/>. AUTHOR
Open VM Tools were written by VMware, Inc. <http://www.vmware.com/>. This manual page was put together from homepage materials by Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 2010.03.20-243334 2010-04-08 VMWARE-CHECKVM(1)