Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help required on process in unix Post 302229224 by joeyg on Tuesday 26th of August 2008 01:03:08 PM
Old 08-26-2008
Hammer & Screwdriver take a look at lsof

Do a
Code:
>man lsof

Maintenance Procedures                                    LSOF(8)

NAME
     lsof - list open files

SYNOPSIS
     lsof [ -?abChlnNOPRstUvVX ] [ -A A ] [ -c c ] [  +c  c  ]  [
     +|-d d ] [ +|-D D ] [ +|-f [cfgGn] ] [ -F [f] ] [ -g [s] ] [
     -i [i] ] [ -k k ] [ +|-L [l] ] [ +|-m m ] [ +|-M ] [ -o  [o]
     ]  [  -p  s  ] [ +|-r [t] ] [ -S [t] ] [ -T [t] ] [ -u s ] [
     +|-w ] [ -x [fl] ] [ -z [z] ] [ -- ] [names]

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX PATH info required PLEASE HELP (I'm new to unix)

I need to know how to enter a unix path in a cgi script for a guest book: example: My URL is http://www.kitachi.info I have an html file in the main folder on my site, the file is called : gbook.html what would the correct unix path for this file be ??? the part of the script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akitachi
1 Replies

2. Programming

UNIX Internals, Help required...

I know UNIX user level commands, shell scripts. But i have no idea about kernel level programming and networking. I know the terms semaphore,IPC,socket programming. But i don't know in details what are these. I need to know the following. 1. Unix kernel level programming. 2. Unix Internals. 3.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: digdarshan
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help Required in Unix Command

Hi All, Can anyone please help me in unix command Query: ==== File contains data along with date and time stamp like, .. Date: 08:23:2005 01:00:00 method: xyz init variables Date 08:23:2005 01:00:01 method: xyz finished init variable .... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thaduka
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

urgent help required on changing process priority using nice

Hi folks, Hope you can help me. I have a process that is currently running at nice 20 and need it to run faster (-10?). How do I change the process using nice? I have the process number and thought it would be along the lines of; nice -10 process_id but it doesn't seem to like that. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gshuttleworth
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Required unix command!!!

Hi, In a file I have data like... -rw-r----- 1 ftpuser users 1036695 Jul 6 14:59 ./APRIL 2007/Ujjain/My Disc (D)/9565DW07.04B -rw-r----- 1 ftpuser users 124080 Jul 6 14:59 ./APRIL 2007/Vadodara/vad_APRIL07/2082DW07.04B The above data is extracted using "find . -name... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronald_brayan
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting required fields from a test file in required fromat in unix

My data is something like shown below. date1 date2 aaa bbbb ccccc date3 date4 dddd eeeeeee ffffffffff ggggg hh I want the output like this date1date2 aaa eeeeee I serached in the forum but didn't find the exact matching solution. Please help. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhanek
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Kill Process(number of process) Unix/Solaris

Hi Experts, we do have a shell script for Unix Solaris, which will kill all the process manullay, it used to work in my previous env, but now it is throwing this error.. could some one please help me to resolve it This is how we execute the script (and this is the requirement) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonnyvic
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix script required

I have a file 123.txt which is aasaasas=1 bsasasasasa=2 sawqas=3 I want my output to be 1 2 3 I am new to scripting can some1 help me out. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikkasarla
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to process file from a directory and grep the required content and print

Hi All, below script reads the perticular files from the directory. Am trying to fetch status and print them in the required format. It needs to read line and search for string "Passed/Failed" and print them under correct sub header. script : BASE_DIR=/tmp/test/REPORT/CollectReport #... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to read a file from particular line till required line and process

Hi All, Am trying to write wrapper shell/bash script on a utility tool for which i need to pass 2 files as arugment to execute utility tool. Wraper script am trying is to do with above metion 2 files. utility tool accepts : a. userinfo file : which contains username b. item file : which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
2 Replies
pid(n)                                                         Tcl Built-In Commands                                                        pid(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
pid - Retrieve process identifiers SYNOPSIS
pid ?fileId? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
If the fileId argument is given then it should normally refer to a process pipeline created with the open command. In this case the pid command will return a list whose elements are the process identifiers of all the processes in the pipeline, in order. The list will be empty if fileId refers to an open file that is not a process pipeline. If no fileId argument is given then pid returns the process identi- fier of the current process. All process identifiers are returned as decimal strings. EXAMPLE
Print process information about the processes in a pipeline using the SysV ps program before reading the output of that pipeline: set pipeline [open "| zcat somefile.gz | grep foobar | sort -u"] # Print process information exec ps -fp [pid $pipeline] >@stdout # Print a separator and then the output of the pipeline puts [string repeat - 70] puts [read $pipeline] close $pipeline SEE ALSO
exec(n), open(n) KEYWORDS
file, pipeline, process identifier Tcl 7.0 pid(n)