Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete a portion of a line using shell scripting Post 302228688 by Loy81 on Monday 25th of August 2008 08:30:02 AM
Old 08-25-2008
Delete a portion of a line using shell scripting

Hi all,
I am new to awk programs.I have a file like this

1234567@2345|[HELLO]|adcbdefhij: asgdfdasdfhhfd-asdfasd-dsfasdf |0.678|0.0|0.213
1234567@2345|[HELLO]|adcbdefhij: ashhfd-asdfasd-dsfasdf |0.129|0.0|0.411
1234567@2345|[HELLO]|adcbdefhij: asd-aasd-dasdf |0.223|0.0|0.276

I want to delete the text which occurs between @ and :
And also is it possible to remove the theses numbers which occur at the end of every line |0.223|0.0|0.276
This is urgent...Any help would be appreciated....

Thanks in Advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

who to deal with whole line in shell scripting

I have a problem in my HP Unix system , it is briefly : I have two files : Myfile and Script.sh : Myfile contain this lines : String1 string2 string3 string5 String1 string2 string3 string5 String1 string2 string3 string5 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KSA
2 Replies

2. Programming

Delete Portion of a file

hi i would like to know whether i can delete a part of a file in C for eg. if my file contained 1234567890 and i want to delete 456 so that it becomes 1237890 is there a way i can do this. well, one way i can achieve this is by creating a new file, copy whatever i want, then delete the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameersbn
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

End of Line in Shell Scripting

I have a file containing records seperated by delimiter '|'.A record is contained on 2 or 3 lines. Now I need a shell script which could write all records with in two '|' character in one line.....for example..... |R1........................R1 R1..........................R1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 33junaid
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i iterate thru each line of a file in shell scripting?

Hi All, I need to execute some commands on each line of a file. How do i iterate thru each line of a file? In detail: First i will have to go to the first line of the file and execute a series of commands on it and then take the second line of the file, execute a series of steps and so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi Varma
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in splitting a line into fields in shell scripting

I have a line of more than 3000 bytes which will contain & as fields separator..I am using following awk command ..Its working but its not accepting the line more than 3000 bytes...Anyother alternate solution even in othe shell command also fine... awk -F '&' '{for( i=1; i<=NF; i++ ) print $i}'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: punithavel
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare a command line parameter with -- in shell scripting

Hi, I need to check if a parameter provided at the command line is equal to --.How can i do that ? Please help me. Thanks and Regards, Padmini (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: padmisri
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need one line scripting on Unix shell..help!!

Hi Experts, I need one line script for the below requirement. First it should check if a directory with todays date exist, and if not create it and move the PDF file to that directory. thanks in advance!!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eeegopikannan
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete a record in a xml file using shell scripting

find pattern, delete line with pattern and 3 lines above and 8 lines below the pattern. The pattern is "isup". The entire record with starting tag <record> and ending tag </record> containing the pattern is to be deleted and the rest to be retained. <record> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdesstp
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell to display portion of a line

Thanks a lot for the code and the explanation. Now my final requirement. I have uploaded 3 files as attachment. Please open the files in Editplus or any other text editor which keeps the formatting. GMDCOM.27936.log.txt------I want to pick only Process request from this file.(Please check... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghosh_tanmoy
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all CONSECUTIVE text lines from file shell scripting

Hi I have a text file like below. THe content of the text will vary. Entire text file have four consecutive lines followed with blank line. I want to delete the occurrence of the two consicutive lines in the text file. I don't have pattern to match and delete. Just i need to delete all... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJSKR28
5 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD