Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To make sure I don't violate rule #7 Post 302227735 by era on Thursday 21st of August 2008 11:48:43 PM
Old 08-22-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddk
Is it possible to build that sed code into some sort of routine that would do that process automatically when an email is received?
Sounds like you should look at procmail

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

make and clean in a single rule in the makefile.

Hi, This stems from the following thread https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?t=18299 I have a makefile which makes either executables or a shared library. i.e. make -f unix.mak will create the executables and make -f unix.mak libolsv will create the shared library. Since these have to be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
4 Replies

2. Linux

Error in issuing a make and make install

Hi, Recently I install a package and try to do a make and make install. However, in the make it gives me below error:- make:Nothing to be done for 'install-exec-am' make:Nothing to be done for 'install-data-am' Can anyone please explain to me what does this mean? I have been trying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Gani Network Driver Won't Install - make: Fatal error: Don't know how to make targ...

I attached a README file that I will refer to. I successfully completed everything in the README file until step 4. # pwd /gani/gani-2.4.4 # ls COPYING Makefile.macros gem.c Makefile Makefile.sparc_gcc gem.h Makefile.amd64_gcc ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
1 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Rule # 8

In light of this board's rule stating "no BSD vs. Linux vs. Windows or similar threads," is the following post legal (can I post it)? Hi. I'm thinking about obtaining a web server for business purposes and I want to learn to administer and maintain the server myself. I need to be able to use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bluegospel
1 Replies

5. Programming

compile fails in linux ... "No rule to make target" ... HELP

hello all, attached you can find a tool (written in C) that i really need to make it compile under linux i am able to compile and run it successfully in mac os x, but in linux the compilation fails the only thing that i did so far is to change the following #include <sys/malloc.h> to... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: OneDreamCloser
13 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between configure/make/make install.

Hi, While installation of apache on linux, we perform the below tasks. 1) Untar 2) configure 3) make 4) make install. I wanted to understand the difference and working of configure/make/make install. Can any one help me understanding this? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
1 Replies

7. Programming

Issue with make, no rule to make target etc.

I have been trying to split up my src directory to clear out files that are not re-compiled very often. Now I have the following setup in my trunk, trunk/bld trunk/src/ trunk/src/src_server trunk/makefile.linux In the make file, I have compile rules SOURCELOC = src # compile src c++... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
4 Replies

8. Programming

Makefile No rule to make target

I am trying to create a makefile to build a program and am getting the following error: make -f tsimplex.mk make: *** No rule to make target `/main/tsimplex_main.cpp', needed by `tsimplex_main.o'. Stop. OPSYS = $(shell uname -s ) TARGET = tsimplex ROOTDIR = ../../.. GTSDIR =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies
page_util_quote(n)					      Parser generator tools						page_util_quote(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
page_util_quote - page character quoting utilities SYNOPSIS
package require page::util::quote ?0.1? package require snit ::page::util::quote::unquote char ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a few utility commands to convert characters into various forms. API
::page::util::quote::unquote char A character, as stored in an abstract syntax tree by a PEG processor (See the packages grammar::peg::interpreter, grammar::me, and their relations), i.e. in some quoted form, is converted into the equivalent Tcl character. The character is returned as the result of the command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser, will regenerate the character in question and is 7bit ASCII. The string is returned as the result of this command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser and will generate a human readable representation of the character in question. The string is returned as the result of this command. The string does not use any unprintable characters. It may use backslash-quoting. High UTF characters are quoted to avoid problems with the still prevalent ascii terminals. It is assumed that the string will be used in a double-quoted environment. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser when used within a Tcl comment. The string is returned as the result of this command. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category page of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have. KEYWORDS
page, parser generator, quoting, text processing CATEGORY
Page Parser Generator COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> page 1.0 page_util_quote(n)