Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris as router between two subnets Post 302226528 by Perderabo on Tuesday 19th of August 2008 07:15:06 AM
Old 08-19-2008
Try these:
routeadm -e ipv4-forwarding -u
svcadm enable ipv4-forwarding

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 10 as Router...

Hi, I want to build a whole network on my own, but i see its not quite simple. I have a Dlink DSL-320T router for an ANNEX A ADSL connection. A here is the first issue: When i connect to the DSL-320T modem the modem get me an ip thru DHCP 192.168.1.101 (Ip of modem is 192.168.1.100). But after... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: beumont
24 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

solaris zones on different subnets

Greetings, Having an issue with a multihomed global zone hosting zones on different subnets. The issue is with the dev zone that is hosted on the non-default network. Any help, other than going to exclusive IP, as I have one card for admin ntwk for both zones, would be appreciated. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 22blaze
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

linksys router and solaris 8

I just sys-unconfigged my ultra sparc which is on my home network where I have 2 PCs attached. When I go to install Solaris 8, it asks various things re: networking. Specifically, when it asks for the IP addy for the DNS server, I input the info, but it barfs back "IP addy info not found". I... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicomen
10 Replies

4. Solaris

Looking for a compartable Solaris wireles router

I have SURFboard SB6120 Modem which is compartable with Unix and I would like a wireless router with comparable speed and security. I have been looking at the Linksys wireless WRT610N model but I don't know if it is compartable with Solaris. I have been researching but I have not come across any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tenyhwa
2 Replies

5. Solaris

building solaris-based enterprise router-firewall project

hi guys, its been a while since my last visit here, could not keep up the pace on this ever changing industry :) i'd just doing my home research under vmware to make a solaris-based router-firewall using zones - doing a lot of reading about zones & review solaris zone functionality. and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stdout
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote Unix printing to my WinXP works with no router. How can I make it work through my router?

I set up remote printing on a clients Unix server to my Windows XP USB printer. My USB printer is connected directly to my PC (no print server and no network input on printer). With my Win XP PC connected to my cable modem (without the router), i can do lp -dhp842c /etc/hosts and it prints. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmhohne
7 Replies

7. IP Networking

Solaris 11 Express NAT/Router IP Fragments

Upon replacing my linux router/server with a Solaris one I've noticed very poor network performance. The server itself has no issues connecting to the net, but clients using the server as a router are getting a lot of IP fragments as indicated from some packet sniffing I conducted. Here was my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectox
3 Replies
quagga(8)						  System Administration Commands						 quagga(8)

NAME
quagga - advanced routing protocol suite from www.quagga.net SYNOPSIS
Quagga is an advanced routing software package that provides a suite of TCP/IP based routing protocols. Quagga supports protocols such as RIPv1, RIPv2, RIPng, OSPFv2, OSPFv3, BGP-4, and BGP-4+. This document is provided for informational pur- poses to help users configure quagga under Solaris specifically. Further documentation on quagga configuration in general is provided at http://www.quagga.net. DESCRIPTION
Quagga consists of the following packages: o SUNWquaggar - Quagga root files o SUNWquagga-daemons - Quagga daemons o SUNWquagga-libs - Quagga private shared libraries o SUNWquagga-dev - Quagga private shared library headers o SUNWquaggaS - Quagga sources More defailed Quagga documentation is available from http://www.quagga.net/docs, or in the GNU Info format Quagga documentation installed in /usr/sfw/share/info. The Quagga routing protocol suite replaces SUNWzebra, and detection of SUNWzebra configuration during boot will lead to automatic transfer of configuration to quagga. If manual upgrade (without reboot) is required, configuration files under /etc/sfw/zebra should be transferred to /etc/quagga, and "routeadm -u" should be run. This will enable the appropriate quagga services, and run the daemons if those services dependencies are met. In Solaris, quagga daemons are managed by the following smf(5) services: svc:/network/routing/zebra:quagga zebra routing manager daemon svc:/network/routing/rip:quagga RIPv2 routing daemon svc:/network/routing/ripng:quagga RIPng routing daemon svc:/network/routing/bgp:quagga BGP routing daemon svc:/network/routing/ospf:quagga OSPF routing daemon svc:/network/routing/ospf6:quagga OSPF6 routing daemon Quagga daemons can be configured either via the smf(5) framework, or via routeadm(1M), the global dynamic routing management utility. Note that quagga was built without the vtysh (unified vty shell) utility, as it depends on a package not currently distributed with Solaris. COMMANDS
By default, in.routed and in.ripngd, managed by the svc:/network/routing/route and svc:/network/routing/ripng services respectively, are configured as default IPv4/IPv6 routing services. To disable these, either utilize routeadm(1M) or svcadm(1M) as follows: # routeadm -d route # routeadm -d ripng:default disables in.routed and in.ripngd respectively using routeadm(1M). # svcadm disable route:default # svcadm disable ripng:default disables in.routed and in.ripngd respectively using smf(1). Note that these services must be disabled or their quagga counterparts (rip:quagga, ripng:quagga) will not run, since they services specify to the smf framework that they and their quagga counterparts cannot run simultaneously. To enable quagga services, again either routeadm(1M) or svcadm(1M) can be used. Note that quagga services, like in.routed and in.ripngd, specify dependencies on ipv4(6)-routing(forwarding) services, so as with all smf(1) services, ensure the appropriate dependencies are enabled or the services will not start. For example, # routeadm -e rip:quagga # routeadm -e ipv4-routing -u enables quagga's RIPv2 daemon (the -u option above is required, as global ip routing/forwarding settings are not applied to the system until next reboot unless the -u is issued). To do the same via smf(1), # svcadm enable -r rip:quagga The "-r" option recursively enables rip:quagga's dependencies, which include the ipv4-routing service. The status of all routing daemon services can be displayed via routeadm(1M), run without options, or, through smf(1), via the svcs(1) com- mand. Commandline arguments to the quagga daemons can be altered by modifying the routing/daemon-args property, again either via routeadm(1M) or svccfg(1M): # routeadm -m rip:quagga daemon-args="-s" or # svccfg -s rip:quagga setprop routing/daemon-args="-s" # svcadm refresh rip:quagga The "refresh" is required to ensure the daemon re-reads its configuration. DIAGNOSTICS
To see status of all routing services, run routeadm(1M) without options. SEE ALSO
ripngd(8), ospfd(8), ospf6d(8), bgpd(8), zebra(8), routeadm(1M), svcadm(1M), svcs(1), svccfg(1M), smf(5) AUTHORS
See <http://www.quagga.net>, or the Info file for an accurate list of authors. SunOS 5.11 01 Aug 2006 quagga(8)