Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: red hat es 4 HW config
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat red hat es 4 HW config Post 302225177 by itik on Thursday 14th of August 2008 07:10:23 PM
Old 08-14-2008
red hat es 4 HW config

Hi All,

Is it possible to determine the RAM capacity of the Intel HW without opening it? I can only connect thru remote connection. And I need to increase the RAM later on. I have the model of the server. Can I identify how many slots are available on the RAM? Give me please the command to do it.

Thanks.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red Hat 7.2.....

I just installed red hat 7.2 on my laptop. it's dual booted with xp and red hat. when i boot in to linux it boots up to the screen to ask me my name and pass....i put in root and my password. after this it goes to a blue screen and sits there. the after about 2 minutes it comes up with a fatal... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: muzscman
1 Replies

2. Linux

Red Hat?

I have a Red Hat upgrade disk. I installed it and it corrupted my entire hard drive! I had gotten the disks out of a Dummy's book at my local library. Trying to install 'Red Hat', has cost me $100.00 in damages. (The cool part is my friend gave me that $100.00 part) Ah...A 120gig Hard Drive. Just... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hdk_mkr
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red Hat 9 help

please help me how to install softwares in linux.i have a ethernet internet connection.i try to open the site on LAN to download internet client.but i cannot as our lan supports only internet explorer....i downloaded the linux client by booting thru XP......but i cannot c my NTFS partition thru... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shobhit143
0 Replies

4. Linux

red hat ee 2.6.9-42

hello. I would be greatfull if someone could tell me how will i see what dns server and gateway my red hat server uses. I tryied to find out by typing ifconfig command but i got : -bash: ifconfig: command not found , although man ifonconfig gives output with info about using that command. Is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Red Hat E 3

I'm am working with a Red Hat Enterprise 3 server. This is a dedicated server that is supposedly dedicated to one domain, but I have been tasked with trying to figure out if there are files on this system that are being accessed by other IP's. Does anyone know if how I would go about finding... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisPlusPlus
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Red-hat

Hello, How do I see what IP addresses are connected to my machine? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonomao
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ?

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Red Hat 6.6 issues

How can I block the mouse rightclick menu on the Red Hat 6.6 KDE Pasma 5 ? It was blocked on the Red Hat 5 KDE, but now the former configuration doesn't function. Thanks Zeev (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeev
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Partition in Red Hat

Hello I am installing RED Hat linux on my machine and want to create partition mounted on /boot , / ,/var, /var/log,/opt , /export/home and /tmp. Do i need to force any of the mounted partition to be primary as i know if it is not created as a primary partition it is created as a logical... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DOkuwa
7 Replies
SYSTEMD-CRYPTSETUP-GENERATOR(8)                            systemd-cryptsetup-generator                            SYSTEMD-CRYPTSETUP-GENERATOR(8)

NAME
systemd-cryptsetup-generator - Unit generator for /etc/crypttab SYNOPSIS
/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-cryptsetup-generator DESCRIPTION
systemd-cryptsetup-generator is a generator that translates /etc/crypttab into native systemd units early at boot and when configuration of the system manager is reloaded. This will create systemd-cryptsetup@.service(8) units as necessary. systemd-cryptsetup-generator implements systemd.generator(7). KERNEL COMMAND LINE
systemd-cryptsetup-generator understands the following kernel command line parameters: luks=, rd.luks= Takes a boolean argument. Defaults to "yes". If "no", disables the generator entirely. rd.luks= is honored only by initial RAM disk (initrd) while luks= is honored by both the main system and the initrd. luks.crypttab=, rd.luks.crypttab= Takes a boolean argument. Defaults to "yes". If "no", causes the generator to ignore any devices configured in /etc/crypttab (luks.uuid= will still work however). rd.luks.crypttab= is honored only by initial RAM disk (initrd) while luks.crypttab= is honored by both the main system and the initrd. luks.uuid=, rd.luks.uuid= Takes a LUKS superblock UUID as argument. This will activate the specified device as part of the boot process as if it was listed in /etc/crypttab. This option may be specified more than once in order to set up multiple devices. rd.luks.uuid= is honored only by initial RAM disk (initrd) while luks.uuid= is honored by both the main system and the initrd. If /etc/crypttab contains entries with the same UUID, then the name, keyfile and options specified there will be used. Otherwise, the device will have the name "luks-UUID". If /etc/crypttab exists, only those UUIDs specified on the kernel command line will be activated in the initrd or the real root. luks.name=, rd.luks.name= Takes a LUKS super block UUID followed by an "=" and a name. This implies rd.luks.uuid= or luks.uuid= and will additionally make the LUKS device given by the UUID appear under the provided name. rd.luks.name= is honored only by initial RAM disk (initrd) while luks.name= is honored by both the main system and the initrd. luks.options=, rd.luks.options= Takes a LUKS super block UUID followed by an "=" and a string of options separated by commas as argument. This will override the options for the given UUID. If only a list of options, without an UUID, is specified, they apply to any UUIDs not specified elsewhere, and without an entry in /etc/crypttab. rd.luks.options= is honored only by initial RAM disk (initrd) while luks.options= is honored by both the main system and the initrd. luks.key=, rd.luks.key= Takes a password file name as argument or a LUKS super block UUID followed by a "=" and a password file name. For those entries specified with rd.luks.uuid= or luks.uuid=, the password file will be set to the one specified by rd.luks.key= or luks.key= of the corresponding UUID, or the password file that was specified without a UUID. rd.luks.key= is honored only by initial RAM disk (initrd) while luks.key= is honored by both the main system and the initrd. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), crypttab(5), systemd-cryptsetup@.service(8), cryptsetup(8), systemd-fstab-generator(8) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-CRYPTSETUP-GENERATOR(8)