Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers what happens when user does kill 1 Post 302224451 by Perderabo on Wednesday 13th of August 2008 07:47:42 AM
Old 08-13-2008
You seem to be claiming two very different behaviors for "kill -9 1" on Solaris 10. Which is it? Or what was the difference between your two tests? I'm confused. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kill user

I have the below script to kill the user who idle for 180 minutes, it work fine , if I want to have one more checking - if the process is in "Runing" mode not in "Sleep" mode ( ps -aux |grep pid ) , then the process will not be killed ( that mean only kill the "Sleep" mode process ) could suggest... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust
3 Replies

2. AIX

Script allows user to kill other users: I'd like to know HOW...

Hello list, Have a problem that's highlighting gaps in my knowledge; can you assist? We have a script that's tacked onto our trading application which allows branch managers etc. to kill off the sessions of other users at their branch. A menu option in the application spawns a shell running... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexop
8 Replies

3. Solaris

kill user session

how do i kill a user session (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: fsmadi
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kill all processes belonging to one user

Hi, Is there a way to kill all processes belonging to one user in one shot? Thanks, Narayan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: narayanv
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

kill all user processes

Hi there, i've been searching all over and i thought i had understood the way i should go to kill all the processes related to a user. But i'm getting more confused then i was. By lunch time i have to make a database backup, and for that all the users shoul logout. The problem is that many users... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vascobrito
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kill Process not owned by other user

Hi Here is my problem: 1)I am login to unix server through my login id and do SU - xxx 2) Start the script which is running in background I want that other user which login to there id and do SU - yyy(Different user) kill that script. Could you please help me in this. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_harish80
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a scripts to kill idle user for 60 min. & email user list to admin in text file

Folks, I have written one script for following condition by referring some of online post in this forum. Please correct it if I'm missing something in it. (OS: AIX 5.3) List the idle user. (I used whoidle command to list first 15 user and get username, idle time, pid and login time).... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumit30
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

User idle time and kill

Hello.. I have many sleepy users on my Solaris box and need to kill them if they are idle for more than 45 minutes for example...I know who -u gives and the idle time but unable to make a awk line to get the condition perfect. Please help...:wall: (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: wimaxpole
9 Replies

9. AIX

How to find out and kill all processes for a user?

Hi! We are using AIX 5.3. Can anyone please guide me to find out all the running processes for a specific user, say ' admin' and also kill them by force. Thanks! atech (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: atechcorp
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kill all process of Oracle user

Hi folks, I want to kill all process of oracle user and won't kill shell, should i try this? Please confirm. 1st way pgrep -u oracle | sudo xargs kill -9 2nd way killall -u oracle (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
2 Replies
XkbChangeTypesOfKey(3)						   XKB FUNCTIONS					    XkbChangeTypesOfKey(3)

NAME
XkbChangeTypesOfKey - Obtain the behaviors (the behaviors array) for a subset of the keys in a keyboard description from the server SYNOPSIS
Status XkbChangeTypesOfKey (Display *dpy, unsigned int first, unsigned int num, XkbDescPtr xkb); ARGUMENTS
- dpy connection to server - first keycode of first key to get - num number of keys for which behaviors are desired - xkb Xkb description to contain the result DESCRIPTION
XkbGetKeyBehaviors sends a request to the server to obtain the behaviors for num keys on the keyboard starting with the key whose keycode is first. It waits for a reply and returns the behaviors in the server->behaviors field of xkb. If successful, XkbGetKeyBehaviors returns Success. If the server map in the xkb parameter has not been allocated, XkbGetKeyBehaviors allocates and initializes it before obtaining the actions. If the server does not have a compatible version of Xkb, or the Xkb extension has not been properly initialized, XkbGetKeyBehaviors returns BadAccess. If num is less than 1 or greater than XkbMaxKeyCount, XkbGetKeyBehaviors returns BadValue. If any allocation errors occur, XkbGetKeyBehaviors returns BadAlloc. DIAGNOSTICS
BadAccess The Xkb extension has not been properly initialized BadAlloc Unable to allocate storage BadValue An argument is out of range X Version 11 libX11 1.5.0 XkbChangeTypesOfKey(3)