Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Trying to config eth0 - Ubuntu Post 302224165 by Ikon on Tuesday 12th of August 2008 10:58:40 AM
Old 08-12-2008
address 192.168.203.270 <----------- Invalid IP Address

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Adding an IP to eth0

Hi there guys! I have a small task that I have to accomplish, but I don't seem to be able to do that. I have a server that I don't have physical access to, and I mostly control it with webmin. The server is running 2 websites. Both of these websites have their own domains that are linked to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: D-Lexy
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can I find which one is eth0?

Hi, Just installed Centos 5.1 on HP DL360, on this system I have to close to ten nic's. How can I find which one is eth0? When I do " ifconfig -a" I see all of them, but I can't tell which is eth0? Please advice. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing config file to create new config files

Hi, I want to use a config file as the base file and parse over the values of country and city parameters in the config file and generate separate config files as explained below. I will be using the config file as mentioned below: (config.txt) country:a,b city:1,2 type:b1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clazzic
1 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Ubuntu / Ubuntu File Manager / Config

I am using Ubuntu 9.10 with Gnome 2.28. I use the default Nautilus File Manager to view / manage files. Is there a way to add icons or customize the icons that are above the location bar and below the menus? There is a bar that has icons for "Back" "Forward" "Parent" above the location bar. I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: drewk
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs 1)actual config file 2)report

Hi I am new to shell scripting. There is a requirement to write a shell script to meet follwing needs.Prompt reply shall be highly appreciated. script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs - actual config file and a report indicating changes made. OS :Susi linux ver 10.3. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Device eth0 issue

Hi, I have just installed RHEL 5.4 on a BL430c-class server and I am attempting to connect to the network only when I try and start eth0, I get the following error? "Bringing up Interface eth0: hp device eth0 does not seem to be present, delaying initialization." I am using a HP... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
18 Replies

7. Red Hat

VMBox not Recognizing eth0 on RH.

Hello, I re-installed my laptop and installed a new copy of VMBOX, I created a VM Machine with my Rhel5 and a CEntos copy as well. I am using a laptop HP DV4, I use wireless on the laptop. Usually when I boot up in to either machine I would get eht0 and lo as usual now I just don't get... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: NelsonC
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Eth0 Limitations

Hi, I have noticed some performance issues on my RHEL5 server but the memory and CPU utilization on the box is fine. I have a 1G full duplexed eth0 card and I am suspicious that this may be causing the problem. My eth0 settings are as follows: Settings for eth0: Supported ports: ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
12 Replies

9. Red Hat

Apache virtual host config vs global config problem

Hi folks, I am trying to configure Apache webserver and also a virtual host inside this webserver. For Global server config: /var/www/html/index.html For virtual host config: /var/www/virtual/index.html Both client10 & www10 are pointing to 192.168.122.10 IP address. BUT, MY... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freebird8z
1 Replies

10. IP Networking

iptables On for eth0 and off for other interfaces

Hi all, I am running a CentOS 6.4 box as an IDS and I need to configure one interface as the management interface which will require a firewall. However other ports (in promisc mode without IP) will have to be configured such that IPtables allows all traffic. I need to achieve this by editing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: landossa
4 Replies
tgt-setup-lun(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  tgt-setup-lun(8)

NAME
tgt-setup-lun - creates a target, adds a device to the target and defines initiators that can connect to the target SYNOPSIS
tgt-setup-lun -d device -n target_name [initiator_IP1 initiator_IP2 ...] [-h] DESCRIPTION
Starts tgtd if necessary and creates a target according to the supplied target_name. The format of the target name is as follows: iqn.2001-04.com.<hostname>-<target_name> The target name must be unique. The script then adds the requested device to the target. If specific IP addresses are defined, it adds them to the list of allowed initia- tors for that target. If no IP addresses is defined, it defines that the target accepts any initiator. EXAMPLES
Create a target that uses /dev/sdb1 and allows connections only from 192.168.10.81: tgt-setup-lun -d /dev/sdb1 -n my_target 192.168.10.81 Create a target that uses /dev/sdb1 and allows connections only from 192.168.10.81 and 192.168.10.82: tgt-setup-lun -d /dev/sdb1 -n my_target 192.168.10.81 192.168.10.82 Create a target that uses /dev/sdb1 and allows connections from any initiator: tgt-setup-lun -d /dev/sdb1 -n my_target Display help: tgt-setup-lun -h AUTHOR
Written by Erez Zilber REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <erezz@voltaire.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) Voltaire Ltd. 2008. tgt-setup-lun(8)