Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shell script query
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Shell script query Post 302222278 by sank on Wednesday 6th of August 2008 12:51:56 PM
Old 08-06-2008
Hi, the above maynot work.
Why not break the query into multiple statements and try executing each one of them and see which part is giving the error ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script related query

Hi I have an input to a file. I want the script to return it formatted the input is a number, say , 1234567895 and the output should be 21 43 65 87 59 ,ie, the pair of two digits should be reversed. How can I do this using a shell script? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gopsman
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

C Shell Script query

Hi I need a small help Cshell% more abc.txt ******** Cshell% cat abc.txt | cut -c1-3 *** Cshell%set test3=`cat abc.txt | cut -c1-3` Cshell%echo $test3 a.txt b.txt................. ..... It displays all the file in the current directory. I want *** to be displayed. Can any one of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bpupdown
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

query sql using shell script

query sql using shell script, is it possible? my friend told me to do a file.sql and link to my shell script, but can i query sql using shell script? thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingpeejay
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script query

hi all i have a shell script for connecting in sybase env what i need is i have around 10 servers , i need to connect to all servers and retrive the database inforamtion in the servers and display them any one of u have it request to share it asap ! "QUERY TO Connect to all servers... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mvsramarao
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script query

Hi Admins, I was trying to list the failed logins as part of my daily checklist. Here is my script for i in `who -s /etc/security/failedlogins|tail -100|grep "$dt"|awk '{print $1" "$6}'` do a=`echo $i|wc -l` if then echo $i else echo "There are no failed logins" fi done but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newaix
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Sql query through shell script

hey , i am using this code to store value of a sql query and and then use it in other query but after some time , but it is not working. please help #!/bin/bash val_1=$( sqlplus -s rte/rted2@rel76d2 << EOF setting heading off select max(stat_id) from cvt_stats; exit EOF ) nohup... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramsavi
5 Replies

9. Programming

Query result from shell script

Hi, I wrote the below script to get the query result from a Syabase DB. isql -s -U **** -P **** SYBASE SERVERNAME USE ***(Database name in Sybase) @command.sql But im not getting the output. Can anyone help me on this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohan G
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to solve query

Hi I have data in the below format in two columns in excel which i will copy to notepad. test as rec1, string test as rec2, byteint test as rec3, string update date as test, datetime name as tes2 string I need to add trim function on all the string columns and keep the remaining... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pisikar
10 Replies
PG_PREPARE(3)															     PG_PREPARE(3)

pg_prepare - Submits a request to create a prepared statement with the given parameters, and waits for completion.

SYNOPSIS
resource pg_prepare ([resource $connection], string $stmtname, string $query) DESCRIPTION
pg_prepare(3) creates a prepared statement for later execution with pg_execute(3) or pg_send_execute(3). This feature allows commands that will be used repeatedly to be parsed and planned just once, rather than each time they are executed. pg_prepare(3) is supported only against PostgreSQL 7.4 or higher connections; it will fail when using earlier versions. The function creates a prepared statement named $stmtname from the $query string, which must contain a single SQL command. $stmtname may be "" to create an unnamed statement, in which case any pre-existing unnamed statement is automatically replaced; otherwise it is an error if the statement name is already defined in the current session. If any parameters are used, they are referred to in the $query as $1, $2, etc. Prepared statements for use with pg_prepare(3) can also be created by executing SQL PREPARE statements. (But pg_prepare(3) is more flexi- ble since it does not require parameter types to be pre-specified.) Also, although there is no PHP function for deleting a prepared state- ment, the SQL DEALLOCATE statement can be used for that purpose. PARAMETERS
o $connection - PostgreSQL database connection resource. When $connection is not present, the default connection is used. The default connection is the last connection made by pg_connect(3) or pg_pconnect(3). o $stmtname - The name to give the prepared statement. Must be unique per-connection. If "" is specified, then an unnamed statement is cre- ated, overwriting any previously defined unnamed statement. o $query - The parameterized SQL statement. Must contain only a single statement. (multiple statements separated by semi-colons are not allowed.) If any parameters are used, they are referred to as $1, $2, etc. RETURN VALUES
A query result resource on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Using pg_prepare(3) <?php // Connect to a database named "mary" $dbconn = pg_connect("dbname=mary"); // Prepare a query for execution $result = pg_prepare($dbconn, "my_query", 'SELECT * FROM shops WHERE name = $1'); // Execute the prepared query. Note that it is not necessary to escape // the string "Joe's Widgets" in any way $result = pg_execute($dbconn, "my_query", array("Joe's Widgets")); // Execute the same prepared query, this time with a different parameter $result = pg_execute($dbconn, "my_query", array("Clothes Clothes Clothes")); ?> SEE ALSO
pg_execute(3), pg_send_execute(3). PHP Documentation Group PG_PREPARE(3)