Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed question - replacing param values Post 302221527 by joeyg on Monday 4th of August 2008 04:30:07 PM
Old 08-04-2008
Hammer & Screwdriver There is one extra * and $

> new_value=4
> cat file1 | sed s/[^{PARAMETER}=]/${new_value}/
PARAMETER=4
PARAMETER4=1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing a line that may have different values on different servers

Replace disable_functions in php.ini with value of your choice which may be different on different servers ================================================ -bash-2.05b# grep disable_functions /usr/local/lib/php.ini disable_functions = 1 2 e weq t ret rye y etyhty rt et e ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing File values

Currently I am using the tr command in 3 scenarios for a ksh script. 1) Replacing any spaces in the file with a ~ tr ' ' '~' <$orignalFile> $newFile 2) After certain processing is done at the end of the scirpt i convert the Tilde back to spaces tr ' ' '~' <$newFile> $newFile2 3) Last... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hgjdv
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

check for param values

I need to check for 4ht parameter values, if they are not in (17,18) in other words if they r not equal to 17 or 18 then exit. can u help pls (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raopatwari
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing string values from a File

I want to replace string values from a file to a file For eg : File1 has 30 lines of string with values, those specific values needs to be changed in file2 and remaining values in file2 should be as it is. For example: From file (File1) cluster.name=secondaryCluster To replace File... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram003
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing column values

hi all , ( perl) i am trying to replace jst one column in a file for eg month dayofweek dealar car-name jan thurs mercedes c300 feb wed lexus is300 all this data is in a master file and i want to replace jan with 1 feb... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: technoman
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk file to read values from Db2 table replacing hard coded values

Hi, I want to replace a chain of if-else statement in an old AWK file with values from Db2 table or CSV file. The part of code is below... if (start_new_rec=="true"){ exclude_user="false"; user=toupper($6); match(user, "XXXXX."); if (RSTART ==2 ) { ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: asandy1234
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing values into a single column. sed/PERL

Hello everyone, i need to replace in the second column of my csv file, points by nothing and dash by comma like this: Input: 1 2 1;12.111.312-2;1.2;2;1-3 2 1 1;11.212.331-1;3.3;1;2-2 Output: 1 2 1;12111312;2;1.2;2;1-3 2 1 1;11212331;1;3.3;1;2-2 SED or PERL commands preferably. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: satir
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting and replacing according to block values

please consider the following file, there are repeated blocks of m values, and nested s values within. there are 2 columns (cols 3 and 4)associated with each m,s combination. All s1 rows must get a value of a(col 3 in output), all s2 values must get a value of b(col 3 in output). If s1 and s2 rows... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senhia83
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help in replacing column values

Hello All, I am having the file as below .I need to replace column 9-12 with some other values. In the below file I need to replace 1509 to 1508 and 1508 to 1507 .Can you please help me in how to do that Thanks, Arun ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Replacing values inside a file.

Good day guys, I'm having trouble in creating a logic when it comes to replacing the values inside a file. I tried using sed command but it just doesn't work the way I want it to be. Here is what I'm trying to achieve. If my input file contains the values below. NAME++GUEST1 ++GUESS2++... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asdfghjkl
3 Replies
JSONBOT(1)							    jsb manual								JSONBOT(1)

NAME
JSONBOT - The JSON everywhere bot! SYNOPSIS
JSONBOT is a remote event-driven framework for building bots that talk JSON to each other over XMPP. This manual page documents briefly the jsb distribution.. DESCRIPTION
This distribution provides bots built on this framework for console, IRC, XMPP, Convore and WWW on the shell. USAGE
JSONBOT uses command line options to configure a bot. See the --help option to get more help on a command options or see the corresponding man page. the jsb pakage contains the following programs: * jsb - console version of jsb * jsb-backup - create backup of JSONBOT datadir * jsb-convore - convore version of jsb * jsb-init - create data directory and config examples, default ~/.jsb * jsb-irc - IRC version of jsb * jsb-fleet - mix IRC and XMPP bots * jsb-sed - sed a whole directory * jsb-stop - stop a running bot * jsb-tornado - a shell web server based on tornado * jsb-udp - send udp packets to the bot that will relay the data * jsb-xmpp - XMPP version of jsb note: JSONBOT is in BETA stage right now and still subject to change of protocols and API. see http://jsonbot.googlecode.com. see https://jsonbot.org for documentation on the bot. SEE ALSO
The program is documented fully on http://jsonbot.org or see http://jsonbot.googlecode.com SEE ALSO
jsb(1), jsb-backup(1), jsb-init(1), jsb-irc(1), jsb-xmpp(1), jsb-fleet(1), jsb-tornado(1), jsb-stop(1), jsb-udp(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Bart Thate <bthate@gmail.com>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Debian GNU/Linux 22 Nov 2011 JSONBOT(1)