Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Panic on SUN server
Operating Systems Solaris Panic on SUN server Post 302220064 by incredible on Wednesday 30th of July 2008 10:37:24 PM
Old 07-30-2008
And if you have contract with SUN, check if there's coredump created and uploaded it for root cause analysis of the issue.
What was done recently to the system? If you can track that, its easier for troubleshooting. perform fsck as instructed and check if the situation gets better

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Sun server

I'm working on a new Sun Solaris server.It was right and run with it's installed Solaris.I used Ifconfig command and check all the file in /etc folder, and now the system can not login as ROOT user in to the server? I'm young in Unix ! I don't know what did I do? How can I comeback ? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nilou
8 Replies

2. Red Hat

server panic

Hi, one of our linux server got panic with the following messages Jun 2 17:09:57 inchesfttu006 kernel: ------------------------ Jun 2 17:09:57 inchesfttu006 kernel: kernel BUG at kernel/exit.c:904! Jun 2 17:09:57 inchesfttu006 kernel: invalid operand: 0000 Jun 2 17:09:57 inchesfttu006... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajasekg
1 Replies

3. Solaris

can any body tell me what is the difference between server panic and fatal error.

HI friends can any body tell me what is the difference between server panic and fatal error. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
1 Replies
SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)				       systemd-fsck@.service					  SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-fsck@.service, systemd-fsck-root.service, systemd-fsck - File system checker logic SYNOPSIS
systemd-fsck@.service systemd-fsck-root.service /usr/lib/systemd/systemd-fsck DESCRIPTION
systemd-fsck@.service is a service responsible for file system checks. It is instantiated for each device that requires a file system check. systemd-fsck-root.service is responsible for file system checks on the root file system. The root file system check is performed before the other file systems. Either service is enabled at boot if passno in /etc/fstab for the filesystem is set to a value greater than zero. systemd-fsck will forward file system checking progress to the console. If a file system check fails, emergency mode is activated, by isolating to emergency.target. KERNEL COMMAND LINE
systemd-fsck understands one kernel command line parameter: fsck.mode= One of "auto", "force", "skip". Controls the mode of operation. The default is "auto", and ensures that file system checks are done when the file system checker deems them necessary. "force" unconditionally results in full file system checks. "skip" skips any file system checks. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), fsck(8), systemd-quotacheck.service(8) systemd 208 SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)