Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unable to check / filesystem
Operating Systems Solaris Unable to check / filesystem Post 302219663 by pupp on Tuesday 29th of July 2008 08:15:05 PM
Old 07-29-2008
duke - he says he doesn't have cdrom. anyway, what i'm curious about is how you gathered he maybe running vxvm? obviously looking at that page shows the exact type of error he is seeing but i'm guessing you ran into this situation with sun4v? we have a bunch of sun4v's (t5220's and t5120's) so i'm definitely curious about this. however, none of them run veritas.

--

ahsen - what commands (if any) did you use to try and get into single user? also, i take it the machine is at the maintenance prompt?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent:FileSystem Check Script

This script monitors a FileSystem named /Monthly and send a page; works great but I need to monitor /Daily/All ....Im getting Syntax Error MSG=`df -Ik|awk '$6~/Monthly$/{gsub("%"," "); if ($5>20){print "FS:Monthly filesystem is "$5"%"}}'` if then echo $MSG | mail 2149724690@mobilecomm.net... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Openware
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I check if I have raw filesystem on unix/linux

Hello again. Please can someone tell me how can i check if my filesystem is raw on unix/linux ? Is there some file to check or something like that to be sure ? also , when i do : $ ls -l /dev/rdisk i get among other things , this also(there resides are oracle related files) : ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
2 Replies

3. AIX

How to check if a filesystem is part of a cluster

Hello, - How do I know if a filesystem is part of a cluster? - Or do I have to check if the vg related to the fs is part of a cluster instead? if so, how do I check it? - I would also need to check if there are vxfs type inside aix machines and if there are, how do I know if that type of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asanchez
2 Replies

4. Solaris

How to check Utilization of single filesystem

Hi all I am facing high utilization of my root partition. below is the output of df -h bash-3.00# df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d10 9.9G 9.4G 406M 96% / /devices 0K 0K 0K 0% /devices ctfs ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: waqasahsan
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if NAS filesystem is mounted

Anyone know the best way to check and see if a NAS filesystem is mounted on a linux box. I have no idea where to start :wall:. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: d3mon_spawn
2 Replies

6. AIX

Mount Filesystem in AIX Unable to read /etc/filesystem

Dear all, We are facing prolem when we are going to mount AIX filesystem, the system returned the following error 0506-307The AFopen call failed : A file or directory in the path name does not exist. But when we ls filesystems in the /etc/ directory it show -rw-r--r-- 0 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Unable to mount ext4 filesystem (created from Ubuntu) in Solaris 11

Hello everyone, I am trying to mount an ext4 filesystem which I created from Ubuntu. But mount command fails saying: prakhar@Solaris:~$ sudo mount /dev/dsk/c10t0d0p1 /mnt Password: mount: /dev/dsk/c10t0d0p1 is not this fstype And I also tried this: prakhar@Solaris:~$ fstyp... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prakhar Mishra
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

Unable to write files on a filesystem

hi mounted filesystem is 50% and appropriate permissions were there but im still unable to write files ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshz
3 Replies

9. AIX

Command to check on which vg filesystem resides

Hi, I need to know on which volume group filesystem resides. TIA (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumanthupar
5 Replies

10. AIX

Filesystem unable unmount

Hi all , I have issue oracle filesystem name /oracle/SID unable to unmount even though no any process are running mentioned fs .would appreciate anyone assist further high level .my system running aix 6.1 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arulji
7 Replies
re-preinstall(1M)					  System Administration Commands					 re-preinstall(1M)

NAME
re-preinstall - installs the JumpStart software on a system SYNOPSIS
cdrom-mnt-pt/Solaris_XX/Tools/Boot/usr/sbin/install.d/re-preinstall [-m Solaris_boot_dir] [-k platform_name] target-slice DESCRIPTION
re-preinstall installs the JumpStart software (preinstall boot image) on a system, so you can power-on the system and have it automatically install the Solaris software (perform a JumpStart installation on the system). When you turn on a re-preinstalled system, the system looks for the JumpStart software on the system's default boot disk. All new SPARC systems have the JumpStart software already preinstalled. The XX in Solaris_XX is the version number of the Solaris release being used. You can use the re-preinstall command in several ways. The most common way is to run re-preinstall on a system to install the JumpStart software on its own default boot disk. This is useful if you want to restore a system to its original factory conditions. (See the first procedure described in EXAMPLES.) You can also run re-preinstall on a system to install JumpStart software on any attached disk (non-boot disk). After you install the Jump- Start software on a disk, you can move the disk to a different system and perform a JumpStart installation on the different system. (See the second procedure described in EXAMPLES.) re-preinstall creates a standard file system on the specified target-slice (usually slice 0), and re-preinstall makes sure there is enough space on the target-slice for the JumpStart software. If sufficient space is not available, re-preinstall fails with the following message: re-preinstall: target-slice too small xx Megabytes required You can use the format(1M) command to create sufficient space on the target-slice for the JumpStart software. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -k platform_name Platform name of the system that will use the disk with the JumpStart software. The default is the platform name of the system running re-preinstall. (Use the uname(1) command (-i option) to determine a system's platform name.) -m Solaris_boot_dir Absolute path to the Solaris_XX/Tools/Boot subdirectory of a mounted Solaris CD or a Solaris CD copied to disk that re-preinstall uses to install the JumpStart software. The default is root (/), which is where the Solaris CD is mounted in single-user mode. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: target-slice Device name of the disk slice where the JumpStart software will be installed (usually slice 0), for example, c0t3d0s0. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Installing the JumpStart Software on a System's Own Default Boot Disk The following procedure installs the JumpStart software on a system's own default boot disk: 1. From the ok prompt, boot the system from the Solaris media CD or DVD in single-user mode: ok boot cdrom -s 2. The following command installs the Jumpstart software on the System default boot disk, c0t0d0s0 on a Solaris 9 system: example# /usr/sbin/install.d/re-preinstall c0t0d0s1 3. Reboot the slice: example# reboot disk:b Example 2: Installing the JumpStart Software on a System's Attached (non-boot) Disk The following procedure installs the JumpStart software on a system's attached (non-boot) disk: 1. Mount the Solaris CD or DVD if vold(1M) is not running or CD or DVD is not mounted. 2. Use the format(1M) command to determine the target-slice where JumpStart will be installed. 3. Use the uname(1) command (-i option) to determine the platform name of the system that will use the re-preinstalled disk 4. Run re-preinstall with the -m Solaris_boot_dir option if the Solaris CD or DVD is not mounted on /cdrom. The following command installs the JumpStart software on the system's attached disk for a system with a Sun4u kernel architecture, and it uses the Solaris CD or DVD mounted with vold(1M) on a Solaris 9 system: example# /cdrom/cdrom/s1/usr/bin/install.d/re-preinstall -m /cdrom/cdrom/s1 -k sun4u c0t2d0s0 EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 An error has occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris CD, | | |SPARC Platform Edition) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
uname(1), eeprom(1M), format(1M), mount(1M), vold(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations SunOS 5.10 9 Apr 2002 re-preinstall(1M)