Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: geekTool
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers geekTool Post 302218575 by MastaFue on Friday 25th of July 2008 03:07:15 PM
Old 07-25-2008
change title of post

is there nobody out there who knows how to modify the uptime command?

I would rename the title of the post if I could maybe more people would respond to a title like "uptime" but i don`t know if that is possible.

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GeekTool

Hello to whoever is reading this! I try to display my uptime on my desktop with a program called GeekTool. For that purpose I use this command uptime | awk '{print "Uptime : " $3 " " }' So it looks like this Uptime : 3:01, My first question is how to remove the comma behind the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MastaFue
7 Replies
uptime(1)							   User Commands							 uptime(1)

NAME
uptime - show how long the system has been up SYNOPSIS
uptime DESCRIPTION
The uptime command prints the current time, the length of time the system has been up, and the average number of jobs in the run queue over the last 1, 5 and 15 minutes. It is, essentially, the first line of a w(1) command. EXAMPLES
Below is an example of the output uptime provides: example% uptime 10:47am up 27 day(s), 50 mins, 1 user, load average: 0.18, 0.26, 0.20 ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
w(1), who(1), whodo(1M), attributes(5) NOTES
who -b gives the time the system was last booted. SunOS 5.10 18 Mar 1994 uptime(1)