Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Problem with the Characters!!! Post 302217651 by bakunin on Wednesday 23rd of July 2008 08:59:31 AM
Old 07-23-2008
Probably different character maps? Did you write the encryption algorithm yourself or do you rely on some sort of library? If the latter is the case maybe the algorithms are different or just use a different "seed" to come to different results.

A good encryption algorithm gives to different results even with the same input - this way you have no way to get the input from the result without knowing the algorithm and knowing the secret information. An algorithm which gives, for instance, a "B" for every "A" is more likely to be compromised than one which gives a "B" first and a "C" for the next pass and an "X" for the next aso..

I hope this helps.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

problem with Unicode characters insertion

hi, I have a problem with unicode chars ( chinese, japanese etc ) insertion using sqlplus prompt. When i wrote a proc program for it i am able to create records. But when i fore the same query on sql prompt it stores reverse ????? ..some junk. widechar columns are mapped with NVARCHAR datatype.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: suman_jakkula
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

utf-8, problem with special characters

Hi all, We are facing the following problem in our HP-UX machine: software that manipulates utf-8 encoded strings (e.g. during string cut), fails to correctly manipulate strings (all containing Greek characters) that contain special characters like @, &, # etc. Actually, in different... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alina
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

special characters giving problem

Hi All, I have a CSV file in which some fields contains special character for ex:- my file is file 1 cat file1 abcd,bgfht,ngbht,abvc **** hdlld,hsgdt,bhfy,knht **** whenever i am trying to put a 4th feild in a variable its giving me list of all the files i have in current... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam25
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with reading characters

Hello, if I try this (in bash): #!/bin/bash cat leercaracter.sh | while read linea do # read character by character echo $linea | while read -n 1 caracter do echo $caracter done done New lines, spaces, tabs aren't showed by echo. How can I 'echo' those characters?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: albertogarcia
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Sed when repeating characters

Hi all, I'm learning sed (and regular expressions) - My first little program is to replace 3 numbers in a row with 'XXX' This is what I am trying: echo '511' | sed 's/{3}/XXX/' Here is the output: defunct-macbook-pro:~ defunct$ echo '511' | sed 's/{3}/XXX/' 511For some reason, it doesnt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Defunct
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Chinese / Global characters problem

Hello, I have large xml files with chinese characters on a windows box and they need to be FTP'd to UNIX box. When I ftp the file, the chinese text converts to junk characters. I tried changing my setting on putty to UTF-8, but still cannot view the correct text. Is there something I need to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tokool420
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Output of escape characters

I'm trying to figure out a problem. I echo a colored block character with this code: echo -e '\E It works. But the challenge is echoing two different blocks with two different colors. I tried everything. Heres what i tried: echo -e '\E Doesn't work. It only echoes the first block.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tinman47
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Special characters in file

Hi, I am facing a below problem. Inorder to mak sure the below file is fixed width i am using the following command awk '{printf("%-375s\n", $0) } so as to add trailing spaces at the end for records of length less than 375. Input file > inp.txt 1©1234 1234 123©1 The output file is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marcus_kosaman
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with special characters....

grep -i "$line,$opline" COMBO_JUNK|awk -F, ' { C4+=$4 } { } END { print C4 } ' OFS=,` when i run this command in the script.... it o/p all the value as 0 if $line contains any special parameters..... but the same script if i run in command prompt... it shows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Control characters -weird problem

I am using Korn shell on Linux 2.6x platform , and I am suing the following code to capture the lines which contain CONTROL CHARACTERS in my file : awk '/]/ {print NR}' EROLLMENT_INPUT.txt The problem is that this code shows the file has control characters when the file is in folder A ,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarjt
2 Replies
UNSORT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 UNSORT(1)

NAME
unsort -- reorder lines in a file in semirandom ways SYNOPSIS
unsort [-hvrpncmMsz0l] [--help] [--version] [--random] [--heuristic] [--identity] [--concatenate] [--merge] [--merge-random] [--seed integer] [--zero-terminated] [--null] [--linefeed] [file ...] DESCRIPTION
unsort prints the lines in the input files (or standard input) in semi-random order. Available algorithms are a Mersenne Twister based PRNG and a heuristic algorithm that aims to create a subjective even distribution. Command line options -h, --help Display a concise summary of the available options and argument syntax. -v, --version Display version and copyright information. -r, --random Use the Mersenne Twister based randomization algorithm. -p, --heuristic Use the heuristic "shuffling" algorithm which permutes the lines in such a way that they're spread more or less evenly in the output. This is the default. -n, --identity Do not reorder lines in the input. Useful if you just want to merge the files. -r, --concatenate Concatenate all input files then apply the shuffling algorithm to the result as a whole. -m, --merge Shuffle all input files seperately then merge the result. Equal-sized files will be merged in the order in which they appear on the command line. -M, --merge-random Shuffle all input files seperately then merge the result. Equal-sized files will be merged in random order. This is the default. -s, --seed integer Use this integer as a seed, instead of random data from the environment. -z, --zero-terminated, -0, --null Lines are terminated with a character. -l, --linefeed Lines are terminated with a character. This is the default. SEE ALSO
sort(1) Free Software June 1, 2019 Free Software