Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Need help with complex SQL query (Sybase) Post 302217407 by chatieremerrill on Tuesday 22nd of July 2008 06:09:07 PM
Old 07-22-2008
Correction to original post

(1) B.intID = A.intID
(2) B.stringID != C.stringID
or (B.stringID = C.stringID and
(C.v1 = 0 or C.v2 = 0))

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic update loop query on Sybase database

Hello Guys, I'm new to Shell scripting, and i need someone to help me with this issue: I'm trying to do a dynamic update query on Sysbase database table using shell script. Lets say, the Update query is "update Table set id=X" , where X is dynamic value for the loop index. If the loop is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alaeddin
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print out loop index on the console after executing each sybase DB query

Hello Guys, Well, using shell script, I'm doing loop on DB query as below: isql -Usa -Ptest -I /opt/sybase/interfaces << EOF use testdb go declare @i int select @i = 1 while(@i <= 5) begin Insert into TEST values (@i,"Test","TestDesc") select @i = @i + 1 end go EOF The Issue... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alaeddin
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need sybase sql command help

Guys, My question is on the Sybase sql query, command 'sp_help' shows me list of all the tables. but I can not view them page by page. So is there any command to view them page by page as in our unix 'ls | less'. and one more thing command/procedure to store output into the file. Any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagdish.machhi@
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bourne shell script with embedded Sybase SQL

Hi, I need a simple (as possible) Bourne shell script that takes an input file of adminID's and spits out a list of adminID's and related tradeID's. Both adminID and tradeID are columns in a Sybase database table called "trades", in which they have a one-to-one relationship. adminID is a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chatieremerrill
3 Replies

5. Web Development

Complex MySQL Query(s)

Hi all, I have a bit of an issue, I am working on a bit of a CMDB for a friend, it's to do with real estate. Anyway, this is my situation. I have a table which contains all the properties (forsale, sold, etc) in the DB named "property". Now, this is what I want to achieve, I wish to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: STOIE
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex query

A file whose location i am not aware of contains the below text <url>jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(FAILOVER=on)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP) (HOST=ngm2sn1p2-vip.mybank.net)(PORT=4001))(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=ngm2sn2p2-vip.mybank.net)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to capture error of sybase sql in unix

Hi Gurus, I am very new in Unix, I have 1 script, in which I am truncating the table , then BCP the data in Sybase table, and then loading the data from sybase table to sybase table. every thing is working fine, but the problem is with Error. I made some hanges in my insert statement so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aksar
1 Replies

8. Programming

Hierarchical Query for Sybase database

Team I am using DBartisan tool for sybase database. I have a table that has below fields Employee_ID,EMP_Name,First_Nm,Last_Nm,Emp_Designation,Employee's_Manager is it possible to retrieve hierarchical data based on below fields Emp_Designation will have Soft Engg,SSE,Team Lead,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
6 Replies

9. Programming

Sybase ASE: Query to find correct format issue.

Hi Team , I am new to Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise/15.7 (ASE) and need some guidance to find the different values in serial format column. SELECT DISTINCT SERIAL_FORMAT FROM PRODUCTS It has values with below format which contains 12 digits hexadecimal characters with... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

10. Programming

Sybase ASE - Query Tuning - Need Suggestion

Dear Team Please provide suggestion on below query which is used in Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise/15.7 (ASE). Query takes more time > 30 Mins to 1 Hr All required indexes are built Can we have any efficient approach to get the data retrieval faster for below query.Any help... (0 Replies)
0 Replies
EXECUTE(7)							   SQL Commands 							EXECUTE(7)

NAME
EXECUTE - execute a prepared query SYNOPSIS
EXECUTE plan_name [ (parameter [, ...] ) ] INPUTS plan_name The name of the prepared query to execute. parameter The actual value of a parameter to the prepared query. This must be an expression yielding a value of a type compatible with the data-type specified for this parameter position in the PREPARE statement that created the prepared query. DESCRIPTION
EXECUTE is used to execute a previously prepared query. Since prepared queries only exist for the duration of a session, the prepared query must have been created by a PREPARE statement executed earlier in the current session. If the PREPARE statement that created the query specified some parameters, a compatible set of parameters must be passed to the EXECUTE statement, or else an error is raised. Note that (unlike functions) prepared queries are not overloaded based on the type or number of their parameters: the name of a prepared query must be unique within a database session. For more information on the creation and usage of prepared queries, see PREPARE [prepare(7)]. COMPATIBILITY
SQL92 SQL92 includes an EXECUTE statement, but it is only for use in embedded SQL clients. The EXECUTE statement implemented by PostgreSQL also uses a somewhat different syntax. SQL - Language Statements 2002-11-22 EXECUTE(7)