Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users total count of inodes in a mount Post 302216329 by jhtrice on Friday 18th of July 2008 04:42:19 PM
Old 07-18-2008
That's a UFS specific option. Look at man df_ufs.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count total unique destination for source

Hi, need help how to count unique destination for the source ip. The file is contains 4 number of fields. Example of the file is here src ip dest ip #of flows total bytes 192.168.6.0 88.0.33.2 12 128 192.168.6.0 88.0.33.2 1 168 192.168.6.0 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_buddy
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Count total file downloaded using FTP

Hi All, I'm developing a FTP script as below: ftp -v -n <IP_ADDRESS> << EOF user avery jSqaqUU2 lcd /directory/folder/ ascii prompt mget * bye EOF I would like to enhance the script to count the total file downloaded. For example, once the script run i want the message "Total <n>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cas553
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bogus Total count

I have a shell script that I am pulling different zip file packages and totaling how many of each type of package is in the directory. I get a bogus total count of one in the middle of my output file (highlighted in RED) and not sure why, also would like to get a grand total of all files but not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie999
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Total Count using AWK

Hi Everybody, I have the following example file... 199|TST-GURGAON|GURGAON|1 199|TST-GURGAON|GURGAON|1 199|TST-GURGAON|GURGAON|1 199|TST-GURGAON|GURGAON|1 199|TST-GURGAON|GURGAON|1 199|TST-GURGAON|GURGAON|1 199|TST-GURGAON|GURGAON|1 199|TST-GURGAON|GURGAON|1 199|TST-GURGAON|GURGAON|1... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sraj142
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

total count of a word in the files

Hi Friends, Need help regarding counting the word "friend" in files test1.txt and test2.txt. ( there is no gap/space between word ) cat test1.txt himynameisrajandiamfriendofrajeshfriend wouldyouliketobemyfriend. cat test2.txt himynameisdostandiamfriendofdostfriend... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forroughuse
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding total count of a word.

i want to find the no:of occurrences of a word in a file cat 1.txt unix script unix script unix script unix script unix script unix script unix script unix script unix unix script unix script unix script now i want to find , how many times 'unix' was occurred please help me thanks... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahesh1987
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

In ls -l remove total count

Hi All, When i give ls -ltr i get 'total 10' like this along with files long listing. is there any option in ls command to remove this line or do we need use head -1 command only. $ls -ltr total 45 -rw-r--r-- 1 abc g1 0 Jul 17 07:20 0 -rw-r--r-- 1 abc g1 744 May 9 12:10 a -rw-r--r--... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HemaV
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Count total image in directory

Dear all, I have a directory consisted of files in .jpg, .jpeg etc..all of them are image 20140411030143_62811159403_92886.jpg 5/11/2014 15:01 197K 20140415024737_62811618747_116460.jpg 4/15/2014 14:47 17K 20140415031003_62811618747_109192.jpg 4/17/2014 15:10 17K... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: radius
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count total duplicates

Hi all, I have found another post threads talking about count duplicate lines, but I am interested in obtain the total number of duplicates. For example: #file.txt a1 a2 a1 a3 a1 a2 a4 a5 #out 3 (lines are duplicates) Thank you! (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikloz
12 Replies
VFS_STATFS(9)						   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual					     VFS_STATFS(9)

NAME
VFS_STATFS -- return file system status SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/mount.h> #include <sys/vnode.h> int VFS_STATFS(struct mount *mp, struct statfs *sbp); DESCRIPTION
The VFS_STATFS() macro returns various pieces of information about the file system, including recommended I/O sizes, free space, free inodes, etc. The arguments it expects are: mp The file system. sbp A statfs structure, as defined by <sys/mount.h>, into which information is placed about the file system. The fields of struct statfs related to the file system are as follows: f_type Type of file system. f_flags A copy of mount exported flags. f_bsize Fragment size. f_iosize Optimal transfer block size. f_blocks The total number of data blocks in the file system. f_bfree The number of free blocks in the file system. f_bavail The number of free blocks available to non-superuser processes. f_files The total number of file nodes in the file system. f_ffree The number of free nodes available to non-superuser processes. f_syncwrites The number of synchronous writes since the file system was mounted. f_asyncwrites The number of asynchronous writes since the file system was mounted. f_syncreads The number of synchronous reads since the file system was mounted. f_asyncreads The number of asynchronous reads since the file system was mounted. f_namemax The maximum file name length for this file system. f_owner The user ID of the user that mounted the file system. f_fsid Unique file system ID. f_fstypename The file system type name; a string of at most MFSNAMELEN bytes. f_mntfromname The device name the file system was mounted from; a string of at most MNAMELEN bytes. f_mntonname The name of the directory on which the file system is mounted; a string of at most MNAMELEN bytes. SEE ALSO
VFS(9), vnode(9) AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Doug Rabson. BSD
May 23, 2009 BSD