Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: find multiple paths
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting find multiple paths Post 302215297 by zaxxon on Wednesday 16th of July 2008 03:54:42 AM
Old 07-16-2008
Just tried on gnu find:
Code:
find dir1 dir2 dir3 -type f ....

and it worked.

Works on AIX's find too.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Multiple Paths to SAN with LVM in Linux?

I'm setting up a CentOS 5 server that will be connected to an HP EVA4000. My previous experience is with an HP VA7400 and HP-UX. In HP-UX I can add "alternate paths" to a volume group in order to have redundant paths to the SAN via dual fiber channel HBAs just by either adding them with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Enabling a script to run in multiple paths

I have a script that i need to run from different paths. for example mypc/path1/path2/, mypc/path1/path2/path3/, and mypc/path1/path2/path3/path4 How do i set up that script so that it can execute in any of the above paths or how can i make it run on any path on my computer?? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dowell
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find and replace paths consisting \

Hi all, I am new to unix and wanted to replace the string consisting \ with nothing. I tried the following but did not help. for y in `ls DIV*`; do sed s/C:\\Project\\AML\\bin//g $y > temp mv temp $y done I actually want to remove any occurance of C:\Project\ABC\bin in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cv_pan
4 Replies

4. Solaris

find home directory paths for all users

How to find al the user's home directories? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: a2156z
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - Find paths of multiple files in CC (dir and sub-dir))

Dear Members, I have a list of xml files like abc.xml.table prq.xml.table ... .. . in a txt file. Now I have to search the file(s) in all directories and sub-directories and print the full path of file in a output txt file. Please help me with the script or command to do so. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
11 Replies

6. Programming

Can't find paths.h

I wasn't sure which forum to post this in. I am trying to compile logsurfer. After I run configure and the make, I get a complaint that paths.h is not found. I see three places where there is a paths.h: /usr/include/pgsql/server/optimizer/paths.h... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brownwrap
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace directory paths in multiple files at once

I need to update about 2400 files in a directory subtree, with a new directory path inside the files I need to change this occurence in all files: /d2/R12AB/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.2 with this: /u01/PROD/apps/apps_st/10.1.3 I know how to change single words using "find . -type f -print0 |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wicus
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris FIND: Exclude Specific Paths

Using Sol 10 + KSH. I need to run a find command on the whole system "/" and exclude a bunch of explicit directories and files that may or may not be on each system. I cannot use the -name because i dont want to exclude all dirs named just specific paths. -path/-wholename is not an option... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitrobass24
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing multiple file paths in a variable

I am working on a script for Mac OS X that, among many other things, gets a list of all the installed Applications. I am pulling the list from the system_profiler command and formatting it using grep and awk. The problem is that I want to be able to use each result individually later in the script.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cranfordio
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget from multiple paths

if I have these wildcards to download from: path1/*.txt path2/*.txt path3/*.txt path4/*.txt path5/*.txt under a link such as this: http://abc .com/]abc.com Can wget be written in such a way to extract only those files and create the corresponding paths under a target folder? So the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devyn
4 Replies
hal-find(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      hal-find(1M)

NAME
hal-find, hal-find-by-capability, hal-find-by-property - search HAL global device list SYNOPSIS
hal-find-by-capability --capability capability [--help] [--verbose] [--version] hal-find-by-property --key key --string value [--help] [--verbose] [--version] DESCRIPTION
The hal-find commands, hal-find-by-capability and hal-find-by-property, search the Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) device list by speci- fied criteria and displays results on the standard output. hal-find-by-capability searches by capability, such as volume or block. hal- find-by-property searches by property, such as block.is_volume or volume.disc.has_audio. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --capability capability HAL device capability to search for. --help Display list of options. --key key The key to the property that is the basis of the search. --string value The string value associated with the property that is the basis of the search. --verbose Verbose mode. --version Display version and exit. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWhalr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
hald(1M), attributes(5), hal(5) SunOS 5.11 22 Aug 2006 hal-find(1M)