Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to change a number in a file with sed? Post 302214332 by fpmurphy on Sunday 13th of July 2008 10:32:26 AM
Old 07-13-2008
The simpliest way is to put your awk script into a seperate file and call this script using the awk -f option i.e.
Code:
file1:
        @echo "Calling awk -f awkfile ...."
        awk -f awkfile file > file1

where awkfile contains
Code:
/MUCOEFF/ {$1+=0.6}1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change this file with SED?

I have a file like below: I want to delete the rows which begining with "BC" "CD" and "TY" . then change every fields into one row like this at last delete the head words : USing awk to change it is not hard. I want to know how to do this work using SED ? Thank you! ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bejgirl
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to change a configuration file

Hi I want to create a configuration file from a template one. The only thing to change for now is the port number that I need to take from another file that has this format: server:port So I need to take the 2nd field. server is passed in the script argument. how to do that? I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the File name using pattern and number

Hi, i have the below files in the wrk folder. File names are AAB0001.R BBA0002.R CCDC0003.R AAB0002.R AAB0034.R BBA0081.R DDDE0008.R i need to change the file name USING pattern and number. output like below :wall: AAB0001.R AAB0002.R AAB0003.R BBA0001.R BBA0002.R CCDC0001.R... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krbala1985
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed question - change 2d to last line in file

The file is repeating blocks of text separated by a blank line. Some of the lines are unique. e.g.: This is unique line This is line 2 This is line 3 This is line 4 This is unique line This is line 2 This is line 3 This is line 4 ... The goal is to change/replace line 4... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uiop44
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change a number on a specific lines in a file with shell?

Hello My problem is that I want to change some specific numbers in a file. It is like, 2009 10 3 2349 21.3 L 40.719 27.388 10.8 FRO 7 0.8 1.1LFRO 2.6CFRO 1.1LMAM1 GAP=157 1.69 5.7 5.9 5.8 0.5405E+01 0.4455E+00 0.1653E+02E STAT SP IPHASW D HRMM SECON CODA AMPLIT... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: miriammiriam
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to take file numbers from a file, pass them to sed to change strings in corresponding lines

I have a bunch of file numbers in the file 'test': I'm trying the above command to change all the instances of "H" to "Na+" in the file testsds.pdb at the line numbers indicated in the file 'test'. I've tried the following and various similar alternatives but nothing is working: cat test |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crunchgargoyle
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to take every number in in file by sed?

Hi all.., I have problem when i want to take every number in my file. this is my file look like.. errorpath.csv error=29 error=34 error=2 error=3 error=6 error=5 error=36 error=36 error=36 error=36 error=36 error=36 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: weslyarfan
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

File name change with sed

I have a bunch of text files like this: Sample_S1_L001_R1.txt Sample_S10_L001_R1.txt Sample_S11_L001_R1.txt I am using the following script to add a 0 to those files with a single digit after the S: ls *.txt | sed 's/\(.*_S\)\(_.*\)/mv & \10\2/' | sh And then the following script to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change comma delimeter in the file to number?

I have a file H,20180624200732,VPAS,TRANS_HDR,20180724, VPAS.TRANS_HDR.20180724.01.txt, ,93, T,1, I have to change and instead first comma put ",1" like below H,20180624200732,VPAS,TRANS_HDR,20180724, VPAS.TRANS_HDR.20180724.01.txt,1,93, T,1, I made sed "2s/, /,1/"... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Using sed to change file into an awk script

Hi I want to use sed to change a text files input into an awk script. For example if the input says " chord -- english " I want to change this using sed 's/pattern 1 /pattern 2 /'g filename but I don't understand how to use part of the pattern 1 to input that into pattern 2 . Like after... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: enforcer
10 Replies
JOIN(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   JOIN(1)

NAME
join - relational database operator SYNOPSIS
join [ options ] file1 file2 DESCRIPTION
Join forms, on the standard output, a join of the two relations specified by the lines of file1 and file2. If file1 is `-', the standard input is used. File1 and file2 must be sorted in increasing ASCII collating sequence on the fields on which they are to be joined, normally the first in each line. There is one line in the output for each pair of lines in file1 and file2 that have identical join fields. The output line normally con- sists of the common field, then the rest of the line from file1, then the rest of the line from file2. Fields are normally separated by blank, tab or newline. In this case, multiple separators count as one, and leading separators are dis- carded. These options are recognized: -an In addition to the normal output, produce a line for each unpairable line in file n, where n is 1 or 2. -e s Replace empty output fields by string s. -jn m Join on the mth field of file n. If n is missing, use the mth field in each file. -o list Each output line comprises the fields specified in list, each element of which has the form n.m, where n is a file number and m is a field number. -tc Use character c as a separator (tab character). Every appearance of c in a line is significant. SEE ALSO
sort(1), comm(1), awk(1) BUGS
With default field separation, the collating sequence is that of sort -b; with -t, the sequence is that of a plain sort. The conventions of join, sort, comm, uniq, look and awk(1) are wildly incongruous. 7th Edition April 29, 1985 JOIN(1)