Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Logging library for C
Operating Systems AIX Logging library for C Post 302213770 by Eng1958 on Friday 11th of July 2008 01:38:14 AM
Old 07-11-2008
I wrote
Quote:
log4c doesn't work on AIX5.x.
I compiled the whole package successfully, but there are some errors like
segmentation violation etc. so you can't use the library on AIX5.x and it
seems that other people had similar problems.
I'm looking for an alternative library like log4c.

Best regards
D.E.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

logging when someone changes to su

Is there a file that captures info whenever someone logs to su? i know it comes across as standard output on the server, but is it saved anywhere? Time and date info included?? thanks, kym (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kymberm
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change a Makefile from building static library to shared library?

Hi: I have a library that it only offers Makefile for building static library. It built libxxx.a file. How do I in any way build a shared library? (either changin the Makefile or direct script or command to build shared library) Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cpthk
1 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Constant Logging In (After Logging Out)

Hi Everyone. First, I want to thank all of you for letting me participate in this great group. I am having a bit of a problem. After I get an email from a responder, I login to make my reply. In the mean time I get another response by email from another member, I go to reply to them and I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ccccc
6 Replies

4. Linux

./configure problem for libsf library due to apparently missing libdb library.

Hello, ./configure script fails to configure libsf. Please check the following last few lines of configure script error. checking for db1/db.h... no checking for db.h... yes checking for dbopen in -ldb1... no configure: error: No libdb? No libsf. But find command shows the following; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
4 Replies

5. AIX

Add shared members from library to same library in a different directory

I'm trying to install libiconv to AIX 7.1 from an rpm off of the perzl site. The rpm appears to install but I get this error message. add shr4.o shared members from /usr/lib/libiconv.a to /opt/freeware/lib/libiconv.a add shr.o shared members from /usr/lib/libiconv.a to ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kneemoe
5 Replies

6. Linux

Syslog not logging successful logging while unlocking server's console

When unlocking a Linux server's console there's no event indicating successful logging Is there a way I can fix this ? I have the following in my rsyslog.conf auth.info /var/log/secure authpriv.info /var/log/secure (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walterthered
1 Replies

7. Programming

C++ linking library to a library

Hi All, My application main engine will use a shared library where we do many operation. We are trying to implement the linear algebra operation on the shared library for that I need to link my shared library to the lapack library in /usr/lib. Below is my make file. Can you please let me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
2 Replies
appender_type_mmap.h(3) 					       log4c						   appender_type_mmap.h(3)

NAME
appender_type_mmap.h - Log4c mmap(2) appender interface. SYNOPSIS
#include <log4c/defs.h> #include <log4c/appender.h> Variables __LOG4C_BEGIN_DECLS const log4c_appender_type_t log4c_appender_type_mmap Detailed Description Log4c mmap(2) appender interface. The mmap appender uses a fixed length memory mapped file for logging. The appender's name is used as the file name which will be opened and mapped to memory at first use. The memory mapped file is then used as a rotating buffer in which logging events are written. The following examples shows how to define and use mmap appenders. log4c_appender_t* myappender; myappender = log4c_appender_get('myfile.log'); log4c_appender_set_type(myappender, &log4c_appender_type_mmap); Warning: the file is not created at first use. It should already exist and have a reasonable size, a mutilple of a page size. Variable Documentation __LOG4C_BEGIN_DECLS const log4c_appender_type_t log4c_appender_type_mmap Mmap appender type definition. This should be used as a parameter to the log4c_appender_set_type() routine to set the type of the appender. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for log4c from the source code. Version 1.2.1 Mon May 2 2011 appender_type_mmap.h(3)