Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Duplicates to be removed
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Duplicates to be removed Post 302213548 by prvnrk on Thursday 10th of July 2008 11:19:41 AM
Old 07-10-2008
Thanks for your replies.

Vgersh - Your solution worked (as space is the delimiter). I'm sorry that i did not use "comma" in the example. Actually the delimiter is "comma" as mentioned in the post.

Please advise.

Prvn

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Will Old Files Be Removed

I have windows Xp installed, and decided to install Solaris Sun Unix 10. The hard disk was previousely partitioned into 5 partition. C: = Win98 D = WinXP and e,f,g,h are applications and so on. When istalling Sun Unix, will all the drives be removed, or I will specify where to install it. Thanks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunsation
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

directories are not getting removed

hello Everyone. I'm having the following problem: I have number of installation in the directory. each installation consists of executable file and directory. when I do the new installation I move old one to File_name-Time_stamp. this is done for executable and for directory. Everything is done... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: slavam
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

a way to tell what was removed after rm -rf ?

Hello all! I ran rm -rf on a wrong directory, noticed it and hit ctrl-c. Is there any way on a debian machine to tell what actually got deleted? As there were many dirs and files in this directory that I don't care for, I'd like to see if anything important was removed. Or do you know in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thosch
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Removed ^M from Libraries

I used the following to remove ^M in all files - I guess i did it in haste :mad: find / -name "*" | xargs perl -p -i -e 's/^M//g' * It changed all my LIBRABRIES since i used -- perl -p -i -e 's/^M//g' * Is there some way to revert this from my libraries . Does any revert command... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: telecomics
10 Replies

5. AIX

Default route removed - what to do ?

Hi, After accidental default route removal serial connection doesn't work. What should I do to connect to my machine ? thanks Vilius (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removed Lines

Hi Guys, I am using SunOS 5.9 running Oracle Databases on it... I have log files that I suspect that some lines within the logs where removed. How do I tell if indeed some lines within a particular file where removed and by whom? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phuti
2 Replies

7. Linux

file removed

Hi Team, I have deleted a file accidentally by using rm command. I am not the root(admin) user. Can you please let me know how to get that .tex file? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darling
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging few files into one, duplicates are removed

Hello, I have few file such as below: abc.txt def.txt ghi.txt jkl.txt n.txt I would like to merge all these files together into one file. At the same time, any duplicates will be removed. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alegnagrp
5 Replies
MDBTools(1)															       MDBTools(1)

NAME
mdb-tables - Get listing of tables in an MDB database SYNOPSIS
mdb-tables [-S] [-1 | -d delimiter] database DESCRIPTION
mdb-tables is a utility program distributed with MDB Tools. It produces a list of tables contained within an MDB database in a format suitable for use in shell scripts. OPTIONS
-S Show system tables. System tables are generally those beginning with 'MSys' -1 specifies that the tables should be listed 1 per line. -d delimiter specifies an alternative delimiter. If no delimiter is specified, table names will be delimited by a tab character, or by newline if the -1 option was specified. NOTES
ENVIRONMENT
MDB_JET3_CHARSET Defines the charset of the input JET3 (access 97) file. Default is CP1252. See iconv(1). MDBICONV Defines the output charset. Default is UTF-8. mdbtools must have been compiled with iconv. MDBOPTS semi-column separated list of options: o use_index o no_memo o debug_like o debug_write o debug_usage o debug_ole o debug_row o debug_props o debug_all is a shortcut for all debug_* options HISTORY
mdb-tables first appeared in MDB Tools 0.3. SEE ALSO
gmdb2(1) mdb-export(1) mdb-hexdump(1) mdb-prop(1) mdb-sql(1) mdb-ver(1) mdb-array(1) mdb-header(1) mdb-parsecsv(1) mdb-schema(1) AUTHORS
The mdb-tables utility was written by Brian Bruns. BUGS
Access allows for tables to have spaces embeded in the table name. You must specify a delimiter (-d) if you intend on piping the output of mdb-tables to a program such as awk or cut. 0.7 13 July 2013 MDBTools(1)