Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: syncvg
Operating Systems AIX syncvg Post 302213182 by lo-lp-kl on Wednesday 9th of July 2008 11:43:55 AM
Old 07-09-2008
syncvg

Thanks zaxxon for your reply

I run the command syncvg -v rootvg but nothing happens.

I get the prompt again but I check with lsvg -l rootvg and I get the same thing

ihslv jfs2 36 72 2 open/stale /usr/IBMIHS

and If I type lsvg rootvg I got

STALE PVs: 1 STALE PPs: 36

Any suggestions.

I have another question I can type syncvg -l ihslv or I can resolve in another way.

Thanks again

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. AIX

Syncvg

Hello, I currently migrate a VG from one storage to another one with mirrorvg. Does anyone know, if a syncvg copy the whole stale pps, regardless if the overlying fs is nearly empty? Or will only the used space copied? Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: -=XrAy=-
2 Replies
pvremove(1M)															      pvremove(1M)

NAME
pvremove - remove LVM data structure from a physical volume SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The command clears the LVM data structure on a disk, so that it is no longer an LVM physical volume. The device may then be used by the file system or by other volume managers. The operation is denied if pv_path is assigned to a volume group. The command only clears the LVM data structure on a disk if the disk does not belong to a volume group. This avoids accidentally removing a valid physical volume under a volume group. If the physical volume to be removed belongs to a volume group, use the command to first remove the volume group associated with the physical volume. Arguments recognizes the following arguments: pv_path The character (raw) device path name of a physical volume. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables determines the language in which messages are displayed. If is not specified or is null, it defaults to "C" (see lang(5)). If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, all internationalization variables default to "C" (see environ(5)). EXAMPLES
Remove LVM data structure on the physical volume SEE ALSO
lvremove(1M), vgremove(1M), intro(7), lvm(7). pvremove(1M)