Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: for loop sytax error
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers for loop sytax error Post 302210906 by gaurav123 on Wednesday 2nd of July 2008 08:21:25 AM
Old 07-02-2008
use this:

for ctr in ${var[*]}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error in for loop?

Hi, Working on AIX using the following for loop. for a in `find /edi/iTracTEST/sessions -name nohup.out -print` do echo $a done On the command line it works fine, but insert the code in a file and then running it, it does not want to work. I get the following back. ' is not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hugow
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

Network configuration sytax

I'm adding additional route on hpux 11.22 and syntax seems to be wrong to me. However the application works and everything else. Old systax in netconf file. LANCONFIG_ARGS=ether ROUTE_GATEWAY=xxx.xx.xx.xx ROUTE_COUNT=1 ROUTE_DESTINATION=default Note: There are no double Quotations? is this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: catwomen
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in Loop?

hi friends, i wrote one simple shell script.. in that am using for loop... when i am trying to execute the script.it shows syntax error at for loop line '((' unexpected. #!/bin/ksh ## ##### To find no of files in the directory NOF=`ls -l /root/COMM/LOGS/eds/20081025| wc -l`... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhaprakasam
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

if statement sytax

Hello all, I'm a Unix novice for the most part. I have script running in tcsh (bash from the command prompt). All I'm trying to do is have the script create a file if need be, and if the file exists, exit the script. Here is the coding: tail -50 /home/redlight/usac.log | grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sax2groove2
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Error in while loop

Hi, Iam trying to add a while loop in my script in the below way which gets value from count file and checks if its not equal to 0.If yes then it shld echo me a message. while //count file has some number other than 0 do echo "count is not zero" done But iam getting this error:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyothi_wipro
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

error in for loop???

Hi, I get the following output 98 -1 98 0 ./get_AB04-time: line 79: ((: i< && 0 !=7 : syntax error: operand expected (error token is "&& 0 !=7 ") I have this part of code. Line 79 is the line of the for loop. echo ${OCCURRENCE} $i_START CASE=0; i_END=${i_START}... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error Using an if Loop Within a While Loop

Hello All, I am having a problem with an “if loop” within a “while loop” in my Korn Shell program. The basic concept of the program is that it searches for the existence of a series of load files in a load directory, and once it finds one of these files, it begins the following process: · Creates... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonesdk5
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error with while loop

the program just prints all the command line arguments Getting error in the program error ./hellow: line 13: 0: command not found ./hellow: line 13: 0: command not found below is the program #!/bin/bash num=$# echo $num if then echo "No arguments are passed ." else ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: BHASKARREDDY006
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting error in if loop

Hi All, while executing this code ,I'm gettign below Error if_test: line 3: #!/bin/bash if ; then echo "this is aginity;" elif ; then echo "this is informatica;" fi exit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: netdbaind
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in loop

This is my first ever bash script. What i wish to achieve is to find all files in current directory except the script file and count lines in each found file. Some thing seems to be wrong with the if statement :confused: Please help why it does not work? and maybe you have some ideas how to improve... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinababy
3 Replies
PMC_CONTROL(2)						      BSD System Calls Manual						    PMC_CONTROL(2)

NAME
pmc_control, pmc_get_info -- Hardware Performance Monitoring Interface LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/pmc.h> int pmc_control(int ctr, int op, void *argp); int pmc_get_info(int ctr, int op, void *argp); DESCRIPTION
pmc_get_info() returns the number of counters in the system or information on a specified counter ctr. The possible values for op are: PMC_INFO_NCOUNTERS When querying the number of counters in the system, ctr is ignored and argp is of type int *. Upon return, the integer pointed to by argp will contain the number of counters that are available in the system. PMC_INFO_CPUCTR_TYPE When querying the type of a counter in the system, ctr refers to the counter being queried, and argp is of type int *. Upon return, the integer pointed to by argp will contain the implementation-dependent type of the specified counter. If ctr is -1, the integer pointed to by argp will contain the machine-dependent type describing the CPU or counter configuration. PMC_INFO_COUNTER_VALUE When querying the value of a counter in the system, ctr refers to the counter being queried, and argp is of type uint64_t *. Upon return, the 64-bit integer pointed to by argp will contain the value of the specified counter. PMC_INFO_ACCUMULATED_COUNTER_VALUE When querying the value of a counter in the system, ctr refers to the counter being queried, and argp is of type uint64_t *. Upon return, the 64-bit integer pointed to by argp will contain the sum of the accumulated values of specified counter in all exited sub- processes of the current process. pmc_control() manipulates the specified counter ctr in one of several fashions. The op parameter determines the action taken by the kernel and also the interpretation of the argp parameter. The possible values for op are: PMC_OP_START Starts the specified ctr running. It must be preceded by a call with PMC_OP_CONFIGURE. argp is ignored in this case and may be NULL. PMC_OP_STOP Stops the specified ctr from running. argp is ignored in this case and may be NULL. PMC_OP_CONFIGURE Configures the specified ctr prior to running. argp is a pointer to a struct pmc_counter_cfg. struct pmc_counter_cfg { pmc_evid_t event_id; pmc_ctr_t reset_value; uint32_t flags; }; event_id is the event ID to be counted. reset_value is a value to which the counter should be reset on overflow (if supported by the implementation). This is most useful when profiling (see PMC_OP_PROFSTART, below). This value is defined to be the number of counter ticks before the next overflow. So, to get a profiling tick on every hundredth data cache miss, set the event_id to the proper value for ``dcache-miss'' and set reset_value to 100. flags Currently unused. PMC_OP_PROFSTART Configures the specified ctr for use in profiling. argp is a pointer to a struct pmc_counter_cfg as in PMC_OP_CONFIGURE, above. This request allocates a kernel counter, which will fail if any process is using the requested counter. Not all implementations or coun- ters may support this option. PMC_OP_PROFSTOP Stops the specified ctr from being used for profiling. argp is ignored in this case and may be NULL. RETURN VALUES
A return value of 0 indicates that the call succeeded. Otherwise, -1 is returned and the global variable errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
Among the possible error codes from pmc_control() and pmc_get_info() are [EFAULT] The address specified for the argp is invalid. [ENXIO] Specified counter is not yet configured. [EINPROGRESS] PMC_OP_START was passed for a counter that is already running. [EINVAL] Specified counter was invalid. [EBUSY] If the requested counter is already in use--either by the current process or by the kernel. [ENODEV] If and only if the specified counter event is not valid for the specified counter when configuring a counter or starting profiling. [ENOMEM] If the kernel is unable to allocate memory. SEE ALSO
pmc(1), pmc(9) HISTORY
The pmc_control() and pmc_get_info() system calls appeared in NetBSD 2.0. BSD
October 27, 2005 BSD