Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem with memcpy
Top Forums Programming Problem with memcpy Post 302209778 by jim mcnamara on Saturday 28th of June 2008 10:06:48 AM
Old 06-28-2008
What you are doing is correcting the data, not reading it. You memcpy is correct.
If you must change the data, try this
Code:
if (person.Sname[0]==' ')
{
    char tmp[18]={0x0};
    char *p=person.Sname;
    while(*p==' ') p++;
    sprintf(tmp, "%-17s", p);
    memcpy(person.Sname, 17, tmp);
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

memcpy segfaults, but not in windows

Hi Having a lil trouble with a rather simple application I'm writing. It so happens that I have to copy some data using memcpy() and so far I've been doing just fine compiling it with VC.Net and running it on Windows XP. Now I'm trying to port the thing to Solaris (which shouldn't really be too... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: khoma
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with dd command or maybe AFS problem

Hi, folks. Sorry for bothering, but maybe someone could help me please. The problem is the following: there is some script that copies files from local file system to AFS. The copying is performed with dd command. The script copies data into some AFS volumes. The problem appeared with one... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anta
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh script problem problem

Hi Please help me with the following problem with my script. The following block of code is not repeating in the while loop and exiting after searching for first message. input_file ========== host001-01 host001-02 2008-07-23 13:02:04,651 ConnectionFactory - Setting session state... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcjandyala
2 Replies

4. AIX

user login problem & Files listing problem.

1) when user login to the server the session got colosed. How will resolve? 2) While firing the command ls -l we are not able to see the any files in the director. but over all view the file system using the command df -g it is showing 91% used. what will be the problem? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pernasivam
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DHCP problem and eth1 problem

At work I am trying to get this one Linux machine (let's call it ctesgm07) to behave like another Linux machine that we have (let's call it test007). test007 returns the following version info: cat /etc/debian_version: lenny/sid uname -a: Linux test007 2.6.27-7-generic #1 SMP Tue Nov 4... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sllinux
0 Replies

6. Programming

Segmentation Fault by memcpy

Hello everybody, I'm coding a test program for ARP protocol, and i don't know why i'm getting a SIGSEGV, i traced it with gdb and it says it's due to the memcpy function from /lib/libc.so.6. Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault. 0xb7e9e327 in memcpy () from /lib/libc.so.6 This... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zykl0n-B
5 Replies

7. IP Networking

Problem with forwarding emails (SPF problem)

Hi, This is rather a question from a "user" than from a sys admin, but I think this forum is apropriate for the question. I have an adress with automatic email forwarding and for some senders (two hietherto), emails are bouncing. This has really created a lot of problems those two time so I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: carwe
0 Replies

8. Programming

memcpy error

I am getting segmentation fault in memcpy.I have given sufficient memory but i dont know why it is occurring char *finalptr = ( char *)malloc(1048576* sizeof(char)); finaloffset=0;have=685516; memcpy(&(finalptr)+finaloffset,out,have); finaloffset=685516;have=359910;... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajsekhar28
23 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Undefined reference to memcpy@GLIBC_2.14

Dear All, I am trying to compile OpenFOAM-1.7.x in RHEL. I could not able to compile some of the applications because of libc version issues. It is saying undefined reference to memcpy@GLIBC_2.14 Can anybody look into it? Thanks & Regards, linuxUser_ (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxUser_
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed Or Grep Problem OR Terminal Problem?

I don't know if you guys get this problem sometimes at Terminal but I had been having this problem since yesterday :( Maybe I overdid the Terminal. Even the codes that used to work doesn't work anymore. Here is what 's happening: * I wanted to remove lines containing digits so I used this... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nexeu
25 Replies
MAIL(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   MAIL(1)

NAME
mail - send or receive mail among users SYNOPSIS
mail person ... mail [ -r ] [ -q ] [ -p ] [ -f file ] DESCRIPTION
Mail with no argument prints a user's mail, message-by-message, in last-in, first-out order; the optional argument -r causes first-in, first-out order. If the -p flag is given, the mail is printed with no questions asked; otherwise, for each message, mail reads a line from the standard input to direct disposition of the message. newline Go on to next message. d Delete message and go on to the next. p Print message again. - Go back to previous message. s [ file ] ... Save the message in the named files (`mbox' default). w [ file ] ... Save the message, without a header, in the named files (`mbox' default). m [ person ] ... Mail the message to the named persons (yourself is default). EOT (control-D) Put unexamined mail back in the mailbox and stop. q Same as EOT. x Exit, without changing the mailbox file. !command Escape to the Shell to do command. ? Print a command summary. An interrupt stops the printing of the current letter. The optional argument -q causes mail to exit after interrupts without changing the mailbox. When persons are named, mail takes the standard input up to an end-of-file (or a line with just `.') and adds it to each person's `mail' file. The message is preceded by the sender's name and a postmark. Lines that look like postmarks are prepended with `>'. A person is usually a user name recognized by login(1). To denote a recipient on a remote system, prefix person by the system name and exclamation mark (see uucp(1)). The -f option causes the named file, e.g. `mbox', to be printed as if it were the mail file. Each user owns his own mailbox, which is by default generally readable but not writable. The command does not delete an empty mailbox nor change its mode, so a user may make it unreadable if desired. When a user logs in he is informed of the presence of mail. FILES
/usr/spool/mail/* mailboxes /etc/passwd to identify sender and locate persons mbox saved mail /tmp/ma* temp file dead.letter unmailable text uux(1) SEE ALSO
xsend(1), write(1), uucp(1) BUGS
There is a locking mechanism intended to prevent two senders from accessing the same mailbox, but it is not perfect and races are possible. MAIL(1)