Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Script to query packages from a http server. Post 302209432 by gnom on Friday 27th of June 2008 12:33:29 AM
Old 06-27-2008
Use pkginfo and redirect it to a file. Now u have to diff this two files and you have the result.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

HTTP Query Request & Parsing returned XML output

I have a PERL script from which I need to make a HTTP request to Web Servlet (Essentially a URL with variables and values like &Variable1=AAAAAA&Variable2=BBBBBBBBB&Variable3=CCCCCCC). The Web servlet returns an XML result which needs to be parsed for the contents of the result within the program.... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
15 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

C Shell Script query

Hi I need a small help Cshell% more abc.txt ******** Cshell% cat abc.txt | cut -c1-3 *** Cshell%set test3=`cat abc.txt | cut -c1-3` Cshell%echo $test3 a.txt b.txt................. ..... It displays all the file in the current directory. I want *** to be displayed. Can any one of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bpupdown
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script query

Hi, I am stuck assigning a value to a variable. I am trying to assign a value to a variable but getting error.... IP_ADDR=grep 'I.P. Address' /install/cfgdist/`uname -n`.cfg | cut -d : -f 2| cut -d . -f 1-3| sed s/" "//g I am using this script to grep first three octets of an IP address... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: max29583
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script query

hi all i have a shell script for connecting in sybase env what i need is i have around 10 servers , i need to connect to all servers and retrive the database inforamtion in the servers and display them any one of u have it request to share it asap ! "QUERY TO Connect to all servers... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mvsramarao
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script query

Hi Admins, I was trying to list the failed logins as part of my daily checklist. Here is my script for i in `who -s /etc/security/failedlogins|tail -100|grep "$dt"|awk '{print $1" "$6}'` do a=`echo $i|wc -l` if then echo $i else echo "There are no failed logins" fi done but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newaix
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris packages and installation query

Hi, Need a small help Bash$> pkginfo | grep -i compress system SUNWbzip The bzip compression utility system SUNWgzip The GNU Zip (gzip) compression utility system SUNWzip The Info-Zip (zip)... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script trigger using http interface

Hi I have created a shell program, which takes a series of parameters as shown in the below code. Its working good from terminal. My program restorejob.sh -g <NAME> -p <Path-to-search> -r <Path-to-restore> Its working fine from bash shell. I want to extend this functionality like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to find time difference between HTTP PUT and HTTP DELETE requests in access.log

Hi, I'm trying to write a script to determine the time gap between HTTP PUT and HTTP DELETE requests in the HTTP Servers access log. Normally client will do HTTP PUT to push content e.g. file_1.txt and 21 seconds later it will do HTTP DELETE, but sometimes the time varies causing some issues... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juha
3 Replies
show-installed(1)														 show-installed(1)

NAME
show-changed-rco - show changes in an RPM package SYNOPSIS
show-changed-rco [options] DESCRIPTION
show-changed-rco gives a compact description of the changes to a packages Requires, Conflicts and Obsoletes data from the installed (or old) to a specified rpm file. OPTIONS
-h, --help show this help message and exit -C, --cache Tells repoquery to run entirely from YUM cache - does not download any metadata or update the cache. Queries in this mode can fail or give partial/incorrect results if the cache isn't fully populated beforehand with eg "yum makecache". -c <config file>, --config=<config file> Use alternative config file (default is /etc/yum.conf). --repoid=<repo> Specify which repository to query. Using this option disables all repositories not explicitly enabled with --repoid option (can be used multiple times). By default repoquery uses whatever repositories are enabled in YUM configuration. --enablerepo=<repo> In addition to the default set, query the given additional repository, even if it is disabled in YUM configuration. Can be used multiple times. --disablerepo=<repo> Do not query the given repository, even if it is enabled in YUM configuration. Can be used multiple times. --repofrompath=<repoid>,<path/url> Specify a path or url to a repository (same path as in a baseurl) to add to the repositories for this query. This option can be used multiple times. If you want to view only the pkgs from this repository combine this with --repoid. The repoid for the repository is specified by <repoid>. --old-packages=<pkg> Explicitly list the valid old packages to match the new packages against. --ignore-arch Ignore arch. so you can compare foo-2.i686 to foo-1.x86_64. --skip-new Only give output for packages which we've found an old package for. SEE ALSO
yum.conf (5) http://yum.baseurl.org/ AUTHORS
See the Authors file included with this program. BUGS
There are of course no bugs, but should you find any, you should first consult the FAQ section on http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Faq and if unsuccessful in finding a resolution contact the mailing list: yum-devel@lists.baseurl.org. To file a bug use http://bugzilla.redhat.com for Fedora/RHEL/Centos related bugs and http://yum.baseurl.org/report for all other bugs. James Antill 30 March 2011 show-installed(1)