Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Print log to an email
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print log to an email Post 302208172 by DukeNuke2 on Monday 23rd of June 2008 06:49:21 AM
Old 06-23-2008
also moved cause no solaris problem. please watch out for the right forum to post!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

automated email on a log event

I am monitoring a logfile using tail -f file.log|"ERROR" I would like to write a korn script that monitors this for me and emails me if the event happens. It would be great if it attached the file to the email as well. Any Ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seran128
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

where are my email log files

I am trying to find the email log file that would have info on users downloading their pop mail. Our email is hosted on a unix server running apache. I am not sure the exact version of mail software running, but when I telnet to the mail server the response I get is this "+OK POP3 v2003.83rh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mstarcom
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

interpreting email log: ndel=

My user claims that some of her email disappeared. I went through the mail log and it seems that she deleted the messages herself from home via webmail. Here are the entries in the mail log: Nov 25 21:27:38 wp5 ipop3d: Login user=somebody@somewhere.com... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mstarcom
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing email log

Can anyone give me some examples of how I can parse the following lines of text so that all characters up to and including the @ symbol are deleted? Also, any duplicates would need to be deleted in order to produce the desired output. Any help is much appreciated and explanations of any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjamd64
5 Replies

5. SCO

Print to Email

Hello I hope someone can help me. As part of an acquisition I have inherited a ERP system running on a SCO 5 server, unfortunately I don't have much Unix knowledge. I have been asked to configure a script so that when users print a report from the ERP software it runs a script that sends the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fishbone56
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Echo print in different lines within email sent by Cron job

Hi all, I think this could have a simple solution, just I canīt get it so far. I have the script below that includes several echo commands in order to show that every part of the script have been executed. A cron job executes this script and when is completed the output is sent by email. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture all error message in Log file and send the Log file by email

Hi I have a requirement to write a script to capture all errors in a Logfile and send the file in email. If there is any error occurred the subject of email will be ERROR , If there are no error occurred the subject of email will be SUCCESS. So I created a Log file and put the Appropriate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgmm
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to print email from defined sender.

Hello all! I'm looking to setup some sort of script so that when a an email comes in from a specific address the message and/or attachments are automatically printed. Any ideas on where to start? Thanks for the help. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr. Biggz
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print the body of an email

I have fetched a couple of emails and stored then in /fetch/mail/oracle.txt, the displayed content is Date: From: Subject: To: Content-Type: ---body ----- --------- Date: From: Subject: To: Content-Type: ----body ----- ------ Date: From: I want to retrieve the body only from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddog21
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email backup log

Hi, I have a server which appends to two different backup logs, a summary and a full log, I want to write a script which will email out this mornings backup, the problem is that in the log files the date is in the below format: Fri May 31,2013 02:30 the summary log file I can just use... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bdoydie
6 Replies
GIT-SHORTLOG(1) 						    Git Manual							   GIT-SHORTLOG(1)

NAME
git-shortlog - Summarize 'git log' output SYNOPSIS
git log --pretty=short | git shortlog [-h] [-n] [-s] [-e] [-w] git shortlog [-n|--numbered] [-s|--summary] [-e|--email] [-w[<width>[,<indent1>[,<indent2>]]]] [<committish>...] DESCRIPTION
Summarizes git log output in a format suitable for inclusion in release announcements. Each commit will be grouped by author and the first line of the commit message will be shown. Additionally, "[PATCH]" will be stripped from the commit description. OPTIONS
-h, --help Print a short usage message and exit. -n, --numbered Sort output according to the number of commits per author instead of author alphabetic order. -s, --summary Suppress commit description and provide a commit count summary only. -e, --email Show the email address of each author. -w[<width>[,<indent1>[,<indent2>]]] Linewrap the output by wrapping each line at width. The first line of each entry is indented by indent1 spaces, and the second and subsequent lines are indented by indent2 spaces. width, indent1, and indent2 default to 76, 6 and 9 respectively. MAPPING AUTHORS
The .mailmap feature is used to coalesce together commits by the same person in the shortlog, where their name and/or email address was spelled differently. If the file .mailmap exists at the toplevel of the repository, or at the location pointed to by the mailmap.file configuration option, it is used to map author and committer names and email addresses to canonical real names and email addresses. In the simple form, each line in the file consists of the canonical real name of an author, whitespace, and an email address used in the commit (enclosed by < and >) to map to the name. For example: Proper Name <commit@email.xx> The more complex forms are: <proper@email.xx> <commit@email.xx> which allows mailmap to replace only the email part of a commit, and: Proper Name <proper@email.xx> <commit@email.xx> which allows mailmap to replace both the name and the email of a commit matching the specified commit email address, and: Proper Name <proper@email.xx> Commit Name <commit@email.xx> which allows mailmap to replace both the name and the email of a commit matching both the specified commit name and email address. Example 1: Your history contains commits by two authors, Jane and Joe, whose names appear in the repository under several forms: .ft C Joe Developer <joe@example.com> Joe R. Developer <joe@example.com> Jane Doe <jane@example.com> Jane Doe <jane@laptop.(none)> Jane D. <jane@desktop.(none)> .ft Now suppose that Joe wants his middle name initial used, and Jane prefers her family name fully spelled out. A proper .mailmap file would look like: .ft C Jane Doe <jane@desktop.(none)> Joe R. Developer <joe@example.com> .ft Note how there is no need for an entry for <jane@laptop[1].(none)>, because the real name of that author is already correct. Example 2: Your repository contains commits from the following authors: .ft C nick1 <bugs@company.xx> nick2 <bugs@company.xx> nick2 <nick2@company.xx> santa <me@company.xx> claus <me@company.xx> CTO <cto@coompany.xx> .ft Then you might want a .mailmap file that looks like: .ft C <cto@company.xx> <cto@coompany.xx> Some Dude <some@dude.xx> nick1 <bugs@company.xx> Other Author <other@author.xx> nick2 <bugs@company.xx> Other Author <other@author.xx> <nick2@company.xx> Santa Claus <santa.claus@northpole.xx> <me@company.xx> .ft Use hash # for comments that are either on their own line, or after the email address. AUTHOR
Written by Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@pobox.com[2]> DOCUMENTATION
Documentation by Junio C Hamano. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite NOTES
1. jane@laptop mailto:jane@laptop 2. jgarzik@pobox.com mailto:jgarzik@pobox.com Git 1.7.1 07/05/2010 GIT-SHORTLOG(1)