Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Does this look like a bad drive to anyone? Post 302207535 by jgentile on Friday 20th of June 2008 07:38:16 AM
Old 06-20-2008
Does this look like a bad drive to anyone?

Jun 19 02:45:28 scsi: [ID 107833 kern.warning] WARNING: /pci@8,600000/scsi@1/sd@c,0 (sd42):
Jun 19 02:45:28 Error for Command: read Error Level: Retryable
Jun 19 02:45:28 scsi: [ID 107833 kern.notice] Requested Block: 713232 Error Block: 713244
Jun 19 02:45:28 scsi: [ID 107833 kern.notice] Sense Key: Media Error

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

The best partitioning schem for a 250GB Sata hard drive & a 75GB SCSI hard drive

Hi I have 2 75GB SCSI hard drives and 2 250GB SATA hard drives which are using RAID Level 1 respectively. I wana have both FTP and Apache installed on them as services. I'm wondering what's the best partitioning schem? I wana use FC3 as my OS, so, I thought I can use the 75GB hard drive as the /... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirbijan
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script to search a bad record in a file then put the record in the bad file

I need to write a script that can find a bad record (for example: there is date field colom but value provided in the file for this field is N/A) then script shoud searches this pattern and then insert the whole record into the bad file. Example: File1 Name designation dateOfJoining... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shilendrajadon
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to search a bad record in a file then put the record in the bad file

I need to write a script that can find a bad record (for example: there is date field colom but value provided in the file for this field is N/A) then script shoud searches this pattern and then insert the whole record into the bad file. Example: File1 Name designation dateOfJoining... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shilendrajadon
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Map Drive From Windows To Apache Shared Drive?

Anyone know how I can map a windows drive to an apache shared drive? In my httpd.conf file, I have: Alias /merc_rpts/ "/u/merc_rpts/" <Directory "/u/merc_rpts"> Options Indexes </Directory> I'm able to bring up a browser and see the contents of this folder. In... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gseyforth
0 Replies

5. SCO

mounting USB floppy drive /Flash drive in OSR 6.0

Can anybody help me out to mount USB flash /floppy drive in sco openserver 6.0 . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshdrajan
5 Replies

6. Hardware

How to Clone a Drive with 512 byte Sectors to a Drive with 4096 bytes/sector (AF)?

I have a 320 GB drive which dual boots Windows and Debian: Disk /dev/sda: 320.1 GB, 320072933376 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 38913 cylinders, total 625142448 sectors Units = sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes I/O size (minimum/optimal):... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: phillipsoasis
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why I get bad bad substitution when using eval?

Why I get bad replace when using eval? $ map0=( "0" "0000" "0") $ i=0 $ eval echo \${map$i} 0000 $ a=`eval echo \${map$i}` !!!error happens!!! bash: ${map$i}: bad substitution How to resolve it ? Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 915086731
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to move .csv file from UNIX path to windows shared drive or c:\ drive

Hi Guys, Can any one help me on this. I need help to move .csv/.xls file from unix path to windows shared drive or c:\ drive? Regards, LKR (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lakshmanraok117
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Drive is showing offline in the /var/adm/messages and shows "drive type unknown" in the format outpu

Hi, I am facing issue with one of the drive is solaris 10. it is showing offline in the messages file scsi: WARNING: /pci@2,600000/QLGC,qlc@0/fp@0,0/ssd@w5006016746e00b1b,0 (ssd0): drive offline genunix: WARNING: Page83 data not standards compliant DGC LUNZ 0430 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prasanth T K
1 Replies
tk_scsiformat(8)					       Scsiinfo User's Guide						  tk_scsiformat(8)

NAME
tk_scsiformat - low level format an scsi disk device with a nice user interface SYNOPSIS
tk_scsiformat [device] DESCRIPTION
Low level formats the SCSI device identified by the scsi disk or generic scsi device node device. You must be root to perform this opera- tion. When you do not specify a device, tk_scsiformat gives you a list to select a disk device from. tk_scsiformat is a Tcl/Tk user interface to scsiformat(8). You should read that manual page for the general operation of scsiformat. All common X11 and Tcl/Tk options apply. By the nature of graphical user interfaces, there should not be much to explain here. All entry fields refer directly to scsiformat(8) options. In addition to those, you are able to save your selections to be used as defaults for this device next time in a file /usr/lib/scsi/scsi- format.defs.* by pressing the <Save Defaults> button. This is intended and very handy for formatting of removable medias. Note, however, that tk_scsiformat is not as clever as scsiformat(8) (or even tries to be) to find if multiple ways to refer to the same scsi device (disk device, generic device). Furthermore, you can select (or enter freely) a command to automatically make a file system on the newly formatted disk. While formatting a nice completion bar is drawn. Alas, I could not really implement querying progress from a target device yet. The /usr/lib/scsi/tworands binary is used to calculate two random integers which is not supported by plain Tcl/Tk. BUGS
When not specifying a device to format, tk_scsiformat will prepare a list of disk devices to choose from. Alas, if a blocking format opera- tion is running on one of them, tk_scsiformat will block in a non interruptible disk wait sleep. Old status files in /tmp will confuse tk_scsiformat. However, they are removed after 48 hours. Restrictions of the SCSI_IOCTL_SEND_COMMAND ioctl(2) call for the sd(4) device make it impossible to issue a FORMAT_UNIT command with more than 4096 bytes of arguments. This could be avoided by using the proper generic scsi device /dev/sg* instead, at least where the kernel is compiled to support it. Most of the time this is not needed though and thus I'm myself to lazy to do it. FILES
/usr/lib/scsi/tworands /usr/lib/scsi/scsiformat.defs.* /tmp/scsiformat.xx:xx:xx:xx:xxxxxxxx /dev/sd* /dev/sg* SEE ALSO
scsiformat(8), scsiinfo(8), scsi-config(8), fdisk(8), sd(4). AUTHOR
Michael Weller <eowmob@exp-math.uni-essen.de> scsiinfo 1.7 23 August 1997 tk_scsiformat(8)