Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications How to access Oracle table using sqlplus Post 302206397 by AngelMady on Tuesday 17th of June 2008 03:22:03 PM
Old 06-17-2008
I wasn't sure about my guess and I wanted another opinion. Thank you very much for your answer.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check the record count in table (table in oracle)

I have requirement: 1) Check the record count in table (table in oracle) 2) If records exists generate the file for existing records and wait for some time (Go to sleep mode) and Again check the record count after 10 min.......... (Loop this process if record count >0). 3) Generate touch... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamineni
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check the record count in table (table in oracle)

I have requirement: 1) Check the record count in table (table in oracle) 2) If records exists generate the file for existing records and wait for some time then Go to sleep mode and Again check the record count after 10 min.......... (Loop this process if record count >0). 3) Generate touch... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamineni
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling sqlplus, read table return etc

I have korn shell scripts. I want to pass a variable to a script which will execute a a sql script to read a table that contains env. variables. I want to read and then somehow export at unix level variables example for every row selected from the table build export command line field1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TimHortons
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting Oracle sqlplus output

a job extracts orcle data into unix as flat file. a single record breaks into two record in unix flat file. This is the case only for 6 records out of 60 lack records. (its not single record in two line. but its single record into record. ie., \n come into picture) can you tell me what... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopal_Engg
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting to Oracle DB using sqlplus

Hi, I am very new to shell scripting and trying to write a simple shell script in which i am trying to achieve the following: 1. Connect to oracle database hosted on a different server 2. fire a query on the oracle db 3. store the output in a variable 4. use this variable for further logic... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shrutihardas
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to Oracle DB using sqlplus

Hi, I am very new to shell scripting and trying to write a simple shell script in which i am trying to achieve the following: 1. Connect to oracle database hosted on a different server 2. fire a query on the oracle db 3. store the output in a variable 4. use this variable for further logic... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrutihardas
26 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to Oracle using sqlplus

I have logged into oracle using SQLPLUS. When I type any kind of query, there is only 1 answer - '2'. What is wrong with it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Subhasis
1 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Help in copying table structure to another table with constraints in Oracle

hi, i need to copy one table with data into another table, right now am using create table table1 as select * from table2 i want the constraints of table1 to be copied to table2 also , can anyone give me some solution to copy the constraints also, now am using oracle 10.2.0.3.0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senkerth
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Truncate table $TABLE -- SQLPLUS

I want to truncate a table using sqlplus where the table name is in shell variable: I am using : sqlplus -s / <<end truncate table $TABLE end (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: IB_88
2 Replies
CONFIG.GUESS(1) 						   User Commands						   CONFIG.GUESS(1)

NAME
config.guess - guess the build system triplet SYNOPSIS
config.guess [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
The GNU build system distinguishes three types of machines, the `build' machine on which the compilers are run, the `host' machine on which the package being built will run, and, exclusively when you build a compiler, assembler etc., the `target' machine, for which the compiler being built will produce code. This script will guess the type of the `build' machine. Output the configuration name of the system `config.guess' is run on. Operation modes: -h, --help print this help, then exit -t, --time-stamp print date of last modification, then exit -v, --version print version number, then exit ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
config.guess might need to compile and run C code, hence it needs a compiler for the `build' machine: use the environment variable `CC_FOR_BUILD' to specify the compiler for the build machine. If `CC_FOR_BUILD' is not specified, `CC' will be used. Be sure to specify `CC_FOR_BUILD' is `CC' is a cross-compiler to the `host' machine. CC_FOR_BUILD a native C compiler, defaults to `cc' CC a native C compiler, the previous variable is preferred REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs and patches to <config-patches@gnu.org>. Originally written by Per Bothner. Copyright (C) 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
autoconf(1), automake(1), autoreconf(1), autoupdate(1), autoheader(1), autoscan(1), config.guess(1), config.sub(1), ifnames(1), libtool(1). config.guess (2005-09-19) September 2005 CONFIG.GUESS(1)