Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: problem with steam buffer
Top Forums Programming problem with steam buffer Post 302205603 by vin_pll on Monday 16th of June 2008 12:43:28 AM
Old 06-16-2008
problem with steam buffer

Hello experts,

i have one query which i am not able to solve please suggest me my problem is i have to open a filedescriptor and have to store the contents in streambuffer,

i,e

Code:
Code:
int main () {

char ch;
 streambuf * pbuf;size_t size;
  ifstream istr(const char *)fd);
  pbuf = istr.rdbuf();

while (pbuf->sgetc()!=EOF)
  {
     ch = pbuf->sbumpc();
     cout << ch;
  }

istr.close();

return 0;
}

but here the line

Code:
Code:
ifstream istr(const char *)fd);

is not properly interpreting thats why there is no out put

if i simply give

Code:
Code:
ifstream istr(fd);

it gives me error as this method does not exist,
please helop me what to do but i want the result in streambuffer because this is the input for some other module in my project pleasesuggest what are the different way i can get so the i get the contents in streambuffer
thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

About Buffer

Hi, if someone now how can look the last commands has used for last week? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Niko
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

vm and buffer cache

i have a serious doubht about the assignment of memory in hp-ux system . i read from somewhere that the page allocation in hp-ux is not unified unlike compaq . i wanted to know in hp-ux kernel ,once the pages are assigned for the univarsal buffer cache... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vish_shan
2 Replies

3. Programming

buffer the output

Hai Friends I am writing a cgi program in C. The CGI program has a link to start my tcp chat server... The tcp chat server prints some information when it starts... I have captured the informations and sent to the client browser through the cgi program... But the output is displayed all... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: collins
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

buffer question

Hi... I have a question about how many lines the window can remember... is there an environemtn varible for this I can change??? I'm not talking about how many previous commands it remembers. I am talking about how many lines it remembers and for how many lines I can press "page-up" and I can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lmanchur.
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed buffer

Hi. I have some questions about using sed. I cannot use the hold buffer. For example i want to put first line to the buffer than take second line and append the buffer to the second line.then 3th to the all. It will be like 2->1->3 th lines. Any idea? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: burakkilic
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with awk awk: program limit exceeded: sprintf buffer size=1020

Hi I have many problems with a script. I have a script that formats a text file but always prints the same error when i try to execute it The code is that: { if (NF==17){ print $0 }else{ fields=NF; all=$0; while... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fate
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vi next buffer

Hello, I am using vi to edit file vi filea :e fileb and :e# to switch between filea and fileb Now, I'd like to have many files open at the same time and have a way to cycle between them. :bn does not work; when I type it, nothing happens... Is there something to add to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JCR
1 Replies

8. Programming

buffer in C

Hello, size_t write(int fd, const void *buf, size_t count) { static size_t (*write_func)(int, const void *, size_t) = NULL; if (!write_func) write_func = (size_t(*)(int, const void *, size_t)) dlsym(RTLD_NEXT, "write"); char tmp; memcpy(tmp,buf,count); ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with GREP + CUT - script for automatic update of STEAM GAME AR

Hello, I have a problem with the /etc/rc.d/init.d script to automatically update STEAM GAME ARK. I've converted 3 scripts into one, but something does not work correctly ... The problem is in the file latestavailableupdate.txt / line 36/39. It think the problem is with script, it wrongly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshishu
2 Replies

10. Web Development

Vue.js Steam Chat

This Vue.js chat component installed easily: npm i --save vue-steam-chat I was able to set it up and change the background color in the component css file to match the forums in seconds: https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums225-picture1162.png <template> <div style="height: 600px;... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
17 Replies
DMESG(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  DMESG(8)

NAME
dmesg - print or control the kernel ring buffer SYNOPSIS
dmesg [ -c ] [ -n level ] [ -s bufsize ] DESCRIPTION
dmesg is used to examine or control the kernel ring buffer. The program helps users to print out their bootup messages. Instead of copying the messages by hand, the user need only: dmesg > boot.messages and mail the boot.messages file to whoever can debug their problem. OPTIONS
-c Clear the ring buffer contents after printing. -sbufsize Use a buffer of size bufsize to query the kernel ring buffer. This is 16392 by default. (The default kernel syslog buffer size was 4096 at first, 8192 since 1.3.54, 16384 since 2.1.113.) If you have set the kernel buffer to be larger than the default then this option can be used to view the entire buffer. -nlevel Set the level at which logging of messages is done to the console. For example, -n 1 prevents all messages, expect panic messages, from appearing on the console. All levels of messages are still written to /proc/kmsg, so syslogd(8) can still be used to control exactly where kernel messages appear. When the -n option is used, dmesg will not print or clear the kernel ring buffer. When both options are used, only the last option on the command line will have an effect. SEE ALSO
syslogd(8) AUTHOR
Theodore Ts'o (tytso@athena.mit.edu) DMESG(8)