Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers replace the n'th occurance in a file Post 302202193 by subin_bala on Wednesday 4th of June 2008 10:05:10 AM
Old 06-04-2008
I don't think you got wat i really want,

to be more precise

i have an xml file specified in that file i need to put the value provided in tha last field to the tag provided and 1 says that i need to put the value in the first occurance and 2 says that i need to put the value in the second occurrance

property file is just the input file... i need to replcae the changes in the xml file

Thanks in Advance
subin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert values in 1st occurance out of two occurance in a file

Hi I have a file which contains the following two lines which are same But I would like to insert the value=8.8.8.8 in the 1st occurance line and value=9.9.9.9 in the 2nd occurance line. <parameter name="TestIp1" value=""> <parameter name="TestIp1" value=""> Please suggest (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhusmita
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace first 5 occurance of a pattern

There is scenario that i have to replace a pattern at the first 5 occurance in a file. say i need to replace 'abc' by 'xyz' at its first 5 occurance in a file a.txt, can anybody help me how it can be done, i can do complete replacement of the pattern using sed throughtout the file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: palash2k
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and replace the last occurance of a match in a file

HI please let me know if there is any command to search and replace only the last occurence of a string in aline. Eg: " This cat is a cat with a tail longer of all cat." I need to replace only the last "cat" in the above line. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harikris614
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to replace second occurance

#original file . . ~ ~ Index=2 xxx replace #dont replace 1st occurance yyy Index=2 xxx replace #substitue replace with "REPLACE" yyy Index=2 xxx replace #substitue replace with "REPLACE" yyy Index=3 xxx replace (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjjoy
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace only the first occurance

Hi, I need to search a string and replace with nothing, but only the First occurring string using sed/perl/awk (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suraj.sheikh
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace/delete odd occurance

how to delete/replace the the odd occurance of a pattern say newline character "\n" a,b,c,d e,f g, h, i, j, k, l m,n 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 the output should be a,b,c,de,f g, h, i, j, k, lm,n 1, 2, 3, 4,5, 6 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratheeshjulk
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace every second occurance of a string

I want to replace every 2nd occurance of a string/character from a line. ababacbsbddbsbbcbdbssb i want to replace every s2nd b with @ like below should be like aba@acbs@ddbs@bc@dbss@ (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratheeshjulk
3 Replies

8. Linux

Linux command to find and replace occurance of more than two equal sign with "==" from XML file.

Please help me, wasted hrs:wall:, to find this soulution:- I need a command that will work on file (xml) and replace multiple occurrence (more than 2 times) Examples 1. '===' 2. '====' 3. '=======' should be replaced by just '==' Note :- single character should be replaced. (=... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedRocks!!
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace 3rd occurance of SPACE with newline

I have file with SQL output as 0001 firstname1 lastname1 0002 firstname2 lastname2 0003 firstname3 lastname3 0004 firstname4 lastname4 Expected output : 0001 firstname1 lastname1 0002 firstname2 lastname2 0003 firstname3 lastname3 0004 firstname4 lastname4 Let me know if this can... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameermohite
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help search and replace the last occurance of match in a file

Hi I want to replace only the last occurance of "union all" in input file with ";" I tried with sed 's/union all/;/g' in my input file, it replaced in all lines of input file Eg: select column1,column2 from test1 group by 2 union all select column1,column2 from test2 group by 2 union all ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: antosr7
9 Replies
service_bundle(4)                                                  File Formats                                                  service_bundle(4)

NAME
service_bundle - service manifest file format SYNOPSIS
/usr/share/lib/xml/dtd/service_bundle.dtd.1 DESCRIPTION
The service management facility, described in smf(5), utilizes an XML-based file format to marshal the description of a set of services or service instances between systems. This file is known as a service bundle. The primary form of a service bundle is the inventory of ser- vices that are provided by a package, which is called a "service manifest". The DTD describing the service_bundle is provided at /usr/share/lib/xml/dtd/service_bundle.dtd.1. service_bundle documents can also use the XML Inclusions (XInclude) facility to merge multiple documents into one. A service_bundle document manipulator must therefore support the functionality defined by the XInclude specification. A complete service description consists of the following: o A set of properties that identify the service and identify its restarter o A set of properties that identify each instance o A set of framework property groups that describe the framework's understanding of each instance o A set of method property groups as required by svc.startd(1M), or by a delegated restarter o Additional optional method property groups o A set of dependency property groups o An optional group of properties that indicate services to which dependencies on the described service were added o A set of application property groups or application-specific typed property groups containing application configuration data o A template that describes supporting information about this service, such as a description and links to documentation. The document type definition for the service bundle provides markup to define each of these aspects of a service description, as well as a number of entities that identify regular features in describing a service, such as the <create_default_instance> tag. The attributes and tags are fully described in the commented DTD. The services supplied with the operating system, stored under /var/svc/manifest, provide examples of correctly formed service descriptions. Localization in the Template Element The description tags in the template element for a service are internationalizable. Service developers wishing to provided localized descriptions of their services can elect to deliver a set of loctext element in the description, like <common_name> <loctext xml:lang="C">extended accounting<loctext> <loctext xml:lang="fr_CA">...</loctext> <loctext xml:lang="ja">...</loctext> .... </common_name> Alternatively, service developers can choose to deliver multiple manifests in the naming scheme /var/svc/manifest/[category]/[service].[locale].xml which define only the localized template elements for that service. For instance /var/svc/manifest/system/accounting.ja.xml would contain, inside the template element, the following for the service's common name <common_name> <loctext xml:lang="ja">...</loctext> </common_name> Importing this file would create the service if not defined, or augment the existing template with the additional localized entries. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
svcadm(1M), svccfg(1M), svc.startd(1M), libscf(3LIB), attributes(5), locale(5), smf(5) NOTES
Nested service_bundle elements must be of the same type. SunOS 5.10 30 Aug 2004 service_bundle(4)