Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to extract files one by one from a directory and let some processing happen Post 302196566 by era on Monday 19th of May 2008 02:23:47 AM
Old 05-19-2008
saniya: are you really sure? Works here.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What would happen if. . .

Hi, Could someone please tell me what would happen if the following were entered into the command line: rm -i /books/*.* rm /books/* Many thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crispy
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extract tar files without creating directory

I received a tar file of a directory with 50,000 files in it. Is it possible to extract the files in the tar file without first creating the directory? ie. Doing tar -xvf filename.tar extracts as follows: x directory/file1.txt x directory/file2.txt . . . I would like to avoid... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: here2learn
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing files within a directory one by one

Hi How to create a shell script which takes in to account all the files present within a directory DIR one by one e.g. suppose i have a directory named DIR where there are files with the extension .ABC i want to create shell script which processes all these files one by one. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
1 Replies

4. AIX

How does ITIL processing happen in AIX?

How does ITIL process is implemened in AIX? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIXlearner
6 Replies

5. HP-UX

Processing very big directory

Hello, I have a very big directory with lots of small files. Just doing a single "ls" takes eternity, so I even can't know how many files the directory has. I need to get the newest files in the last 15 minutes, but I can't get an eficient way of doing it. I've tried find, perl, shell script,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psimoes79
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

get all files from a directory and pass the files for processing

Hi All, I have a directory in which there will be several files. i want to get all the files and pass it to a piece of code for processing on the files. This is the piece of code which does the processing. tr "\n" "|" < (log file name) | tr "$" "\n" > output echo ' ' >>output while... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suresh_kb211
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Loop through directory and extract sub directory names

I am trying to loop through folders and extract the name of the lowest level subfolder I was running the script below, it returns /bb/bin/prd/newyork /bb/bin/prd/london /bb/bin/prd/tokyo I really want newyork london tokyo I couldn't find a standard variable for the lowest level... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: personalt
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract files from tar ball without directory structure

Hi, I have tar filw which has multiple directories which contain files. When i extract using tar -xf the directory structure also get extracted. I require only files and not directory structures as there will be overhead of moving the files again. So i searched here and got a solution but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetan.c
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract directory name from the full directory path in UNIX using shell scripting

My input is as below : /splunk/scrubbed/rebate/IFIND.REBTE.WROC.txt /splunk/scrubbed/rebate/IFIND.REBTE.WROC.txt /splunk/scrubbed/loyal/IFIND.HELLO.WROC.txt /splunk/scrubbed/triumph/ifind.triumph.txt From the above input I want to extract the file names only . Basically I want to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: IshuGupta
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Directory containing files,Print names of the files in the directory that are exactly same content.

Given a directory containing say a few thousand files, please output a list of all the names of the files in the directory that are exactly the same, i.e. have the same contents. func(a_directory_name) output -> {“matches”: , ... ]} e.g. func(“/home/my/files”) where the directory... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
7 Replies
AMSTATUS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       AMSTATUS(8)

NAME
amstatus - display the state of an Amanda run SYNOPSIS
amstatus [--config] config [--file amdumpfile ] [--summary] [--dumping] [--waitdumping] [--waittaper] [--dumpingtape] [--writingtape] [--finished] [--failed] [--estimate] [--gestimate] [--stats] DESCRIPTION
Amstatus gives the current state of the Amanda run specified by the config configuration. It may also be used after a run to summarize the results. See the amanda(8) man page for more details about Amanda. OPTIONS
All options may be abbreviated to the shortest non-ambiguous sub-string. If no options are given, everything is displayed. [--config] config Specify the Amanda configuration you want to display the state for. --file amdumpfile Specify an alternate file instead of the amdump file. --summary Display a summary of the state of the run. --dumping Display all partitions that are dumping. --waitdumping|wdumping Display all partitions that are waiting to be dumped. --waittaper|wtaper Display all partitions dumped that are waiting to be written to tape. --dumpingtape|dtape Display all partitions that are dumping directly to tape. --writingtape|wtape Display all partitions that are writing to tape. --finished Display all partitions that are dumped and written to tape. --failed|error Display all partitions that failed. --estimate Display all partitions whose estimate is finished. Works only during the estimate phase. --gestimate|gettingestimate Display all partitions whose estimate is not finished. Works only during the estimate phase. --stats|statistics Display statistics about active-time of taper and dumpers. SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amcheck(8), amdump(8), amrestore(8), amadmin(8) AMSTATUS(8)