Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Broken the cardinal rule
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Broken the cardinal rule Post 302196479 by BigTool4u2 on Sunday 18th of May 2008 04:44:53 PM
Old 05-18-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by era
You have a backup, of course?

Seriously, this cannot be answered without information about which platform you're on.
I am running Solaris 10 on an x86 platform.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Email Antispam Techniques and Email Filtering

procmail rule

I can tell this is not a recently active formum, but here goes, "why doesn't this procmail rule block messages with víagra or v1agra appearing in the subject header :0 * ^Subject:.*(víagra¦v1agra¦pénis¦prescripti0n¦Medicati0n¦M0rtgage¦Xanaxz) { LOG="(THE 7 DIRTY WORDS) " :0 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jones
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Integration by trapezoidal rule

Hi everybody: Somebody know or have a simple script which can calculate the integration from a database using the trapezoidal rule in awk. I have a file like: 0.490 952.296 284.19 11.3169 0.002481 0.488 0.01 0.500 965.57 288.25 11.3395 2.48E-03 0.048 0.01 0.510 964.47 288.25 10.8759... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonet
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Makefile rule being skipped

I can't seem to get a rule in my Makefile to ever run... even if I change the rule to force make to re-enter the rule, or if I change the dependent files the rule depends on. Any ideas why the second rule is being ignored here? #MAKEFILES = $(DIRS:%=$(ROOT)/%/Makefile) #$(MAKEFILES):... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: foureightyeast
0 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Rule # 8

In light of this board's rule stating "no BSD vs. Linux vs. Windows or similar threads," is the following post legal (can I post it)? Hi. I'm thinking about obtaining a web server for business purposes and I want to learn to administer and maintain the server myself. I need to be able to use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bluegospel
1 Replies

5. Linux

IPtable rule help need

Hi, I need to configure iptable such that whatever request comes to 192.168.0.4 needs to forwarded to 192.168.0.50 and only port 80 and 443 needs to be forwarded others need to be blocked.... Thanks gr8 forum:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iron_michael86
1 Replies

6. Web Development

Need help with rewrite rule

Hi, I hosted my site on Apache web server. I wanted to redirect all the users request to a HTML page(maintenance page). I used the below rewrite rule to do ths same. RewriteEngine on RewriteRule .* /maintenance.html The maintenance.html page contains an image. When ever I try to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BSrikanthB
2 Replies
MAILCAP.ORDER(5)                                               Order Mailcap Entries                                              MAILCAP.ORDER(5)

NAME
/etc/mailcap.order - the mailcap ordering specifications DESCRIPTION
The order of entries in the /etc/mailcap file can be altered by editing the /etc/mailcap.order file. Each line of that file specifies a package and an optional mime type. Mailcap entries that match will be placed in the order of this file. Entries that don't match will be placed later. Example mime-support:*/* gv:application/postscript netscape:text/html less:text/* emacs:text/* The above would make any entries provided by the mime-support package (as found in the /usr/lib/mime/packages directory) take priority over everything else. The gv package will be used over anything else when it comes to postscript documents. Netscape will be used for any html documents and less will be used for any remaining text documents. However, since neither netscape or less provide for editing documents, any edit or compose actions will fall through to the emacs rules. After modifying this file, be sure to run /usr/sbin/update-mime (as root) to propagate the changes into the /etc/mailcap file. Remember that this files takes package names and not executable names. If you want to define rules that reference specific programs, the best way is to include them in ~/.mailcap or the user section of the /etc/mailcap file. LIMITATIONS
There is currently no way to break out a certain type from a wildcard rule. If, for example, both xv and gimp were to specify "image/*" rules, it isn't possible to use xv for gif images but use gimp for jpeg images. Also, I would like to add the ability to specify certain actions in the rules. For example, if netscape were to have an edit rule but I wanted to use emacs for editing/creating html documents, I could place a line like emacs:text/* action=edit|compose before the netscape entry. The update-mime program would then spit out entries such that netscape view rule comes before the emacs view rule but have the netscape edit rule comes after the emacs edit rule. SEE ALSO
mailcap(5) run-mailcap(1) update-mime(8) AUTHOR
The mailcap.order specification was written by Brian White <bcwhite@pobox.com> Debian Project 16th Aug 1998 MAILCAP.ORDER(5)